• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-23 Flyers: How about just less suck?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WE are even with the Wild at the end of the Second. WE need a big Third Period and this one is easily winnable to get us back to .500. We shall see if Torts gets them to play tough in this last Period.
It was a good point to get on the road and a hard fought game from what i saw on the NHL channel.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So pissed i got blacked out of last nights game. It was a game i would've loved to have seen.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shame, really. We're playing playoff teams very tight and aside from Chicago, we're beating lesser teams. Even the Hawks are beating a lot of teams right now though. When games go to OT, it's clear that we do not have the talent to consistently compete. That wouldn't be an issue for us in the playoffs.

It may be too little, too late to make the playoffs this season, but I feel like right now we're competing at a high level.

Let's see here in the coming weeks if we can beat teams like the Jets, Islanders, Oilers, Preds or Kraken. These are all winning teams, many of them in the playoffs too.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more i watch this team i am moving toward keeping Prov and trading Sanheim instead.

I just think Prov is the more complete player of the two.

If we could get rid of Sanheim and DeAngelo at the deadline we would get a good haul ,save some good money and open up 2 spots for young defenseman

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more i watch this team i am moving toward keeping Prov and trading Sanheim instead.

I just think Prov is the more complete player of the two.

If we could get rid of Sanheim and DeAngelo at the deadline we would get a good haul ,save some good money and open up 2 spots for young defenseman
For Me it's hard to tell, they've both pretty much had anchors for pairing mates since they've been on the team.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go with Prov because of his versatility but he has already demonstrated integrity of character and that is a Torts guy right there.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter Hart stops 40 and gets his 1st shutout of the season (amazingly). The Jets were 31-18-1 overall and 17-7 on home ice before we sent them and their fans home unhappy last night 4-0. Bellows comes in cold (having been scratched for a long time) and scores his 1st as a Flyer top shelf. Risto with 2 assists and a +2 (yes, you all read that correctly). While Konecny remains very dangerous but a bit snakebitten, Tippett and Cates pick up the slack with a goal and an assist each. Nice to see DeAngelo score and York get another assist too. So many youngsters contributing here.

You would've never bet that we could shut out a team like the Jets that has big time speed, several star players and a Vezina-winning goalie, but the post was very kind to Hart and our checking was pretty good all over the ice. I also attribute this to Hart being solid and the Jets just being a little off.

That said, I remember saying we would've beaten this team a week ago had Hart or Ersson gotten the start over Sandstrom and I stand by that.

Mark this down as yet another playoff team that falls victim to our Flyers.

We remain back at hockey .500 with a record of 21-21-9 and a team that just will not fucking go away. I'm sorry, but I will not root against this squad. I fucking love the persistence, the fight and the shear determination to just keep getting better and overcoming challenge after challenge.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also want to commend Scott Laughton on pretty much being the heart and soul of this team. If anyone wasn't already aware, this guy fucking does everything for us. He played 21:36 in this game yesterday or about 3 minutes more than any other forward. The dude wins faceoffs, kills penalties, stars on the power play and even dished the assist to DeAngelo for our 4th goal. He's literally a smaller, less offensive version of Couturier. Any fucking team would be lucky to have him. He can literally play on any line and not be out of place because he can score some and his defense/checking is top notch.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 points behind Washington with a game in hand for the last playoff spot.

What a great game against Minny on the road.

Hart was a star along with Risto and Tippett.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Risto 2 goals 5 assists and plus 6 in his last 8 games and crushing players as well.

Playing his best hockey as a Flyer ever. Please lord let him keep this streak going.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Risto 2 goals 5 assists and plus 6 in his last 8 games and crushing players as well.

Playing his best hockey as a Flyer ever. Please lord let him keep this streak going.
Shit quick, let's extend his contract. Gotta be worth another 5+ million a year to show up for 10 games a season lol .

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound::pound::pound::pound:

Hopefully someone will want him at the deadline if he plays like he has been.
Hopefully someone will want all these guys at the deadline, Hayes, JVR, DeAngelo, Risto, Provy etc. If we keep these players at the deadline to try to make an iffy playoff spot, we're just spinning our wheels and we don't get rid of Fletcher, gives him an out. I have a feeling either way it goes we end up at 500 at best for the season. I'm hoping for total failure from here til end of season so we can get new blood in here to help with drafting and development.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully someone will want all these guys at the deadline, Hayes, JVR, DeAngelo, Risto, Provy etc. If we keep these players at the deadline to try to make an iffy playoff spot, we're just spinning our wheels and we don't get rid of Fletcher, gives him an out. I have a feeling either way it goes we end up at 500 at best for the season. I'm hoping for total failure from here til end of season so we can get new blood in here to help with drafting and development.
Drop hayes from the list as he will be a hard sell do to his contract. he isnt going anywhere unless we eat half his salary and id rather him play for us then pay him to put up almost a point per game for another team.

Id love if Sanheim went instead of Prov he's just the better all around player.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drop hayes from the list as he will be a hard sell do to his contract. he isnt going anywhere unless we eat half his salary and id rather him play for us then pay him to put up almost a point per game for another team.

Id love if Sanheim went instead of Prov he's just the better all around player.
I can agree with Provy and Hayes, unfortunately we've been put in a situation where we can't get the assets back for certain players due to managements miss management of contracts. I hate loosing Laughton but he will be our biggest return.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree with Provy and Hayes, unfortunately we've been put in a situation where we can't get the assets back for certain players due to managements miss management of contracts. I hate loosing Laughton but he will be our biggest return.
I think we could get a nice return for DeAngelo and Sanheim as well.

Im not against trading Laughton and think we would get a good haul for him as his value wont ever get any higher than it is now but i dont think it will happen. If it does im fine with that.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we could get a nice return for DeAngelo and Sanheim as well.

Im not against trading Laughton and think we would get a good haul for him as his value wont ever get any higher than it is now but i dont think it will happen. If it does im fine with that.
Well both Boston and Carolina need some help, and he fits the bill, just hope we don't get fleeced as usual.