• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Reddish would be an upgrade at SF then going after him would be a good thing for the Cavs. What's his defense like? Haven't seen many Knicks games this season. I think something might be wrong with the owner, he doesn't seem right.
He didn’t play at all for NY basically. He had his moments in ATL. Definitely has upside at a low cost

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not all but a handful of Lakers fans were making the comparison and what Reaves said was exactly my reply.
I remember DJ saying something and I said Caruso is a much better defender that was uber athletic. Reaves was a shooter at Baylor, that’s it. Bad comparison but they are white LOL

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting comment and a lot to unpack.

Looks clearly directed toward the fan side to me.

He obviously knows ref fundamentals like 9 million times better than me. That being said, the ref did clearly move to his left to get a better angle as LeBron was driving. Was it the ideal angle?

I don’t know. I think he got a good angle to see LeBron between the bodies that were between LeBron and the official.

The problem was that Tatum was behind LeBron. And where the official was positioned, Tatum’s arm swung down on LeBron’s almost directly in line with the ref’s viewpoint.

So it would have been very difficult for the official to see definitively if it was a hack or a clean play on the ball from his angle.

I am honestly not sure where he should have moved to get a better angle either. Just a lot of bodies on that play.

I think McCutchen has to say what he said. They are obviously going to strive to be the best they can be to make the calls as accurately as possible.

It is just so damn hard.

And I feel like people today just are completely wrong about the perception that officiating is worse today than previous generations.

It is just never been under the public eye in the microscope the way it has been recently. Social media has called way more attention to it in a very negative way.

I don’t understand why ignoring the travel is acceptable, but ignoring that is the end of the word

Screams even the head official knows he has to protect Lebron over the product

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean Magic's return in the '92 A.S., his return to playing or both? His return in the '92 A.S. game was pretty cool. And Kobe's last game was just crazy. 60 wasn't it?
All.

Including the Olympics.

The only players I love more than Magic Johnson , in the history of basketball , are Michael Jordan and his female counterpart, Sheryl Swoopes.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors around here about the Thunder trading Darius Basley to the Kings.
For?

He’s caught up in the numbers crunch.

Will be in worse when Chet is healthy and Dieng is full time on the Varsity roster.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t understand why ignoring the travel is acceptable, but ignoring that is the end of the word

Can’t see the forest for the trees, at least in my case.

I was so OUTRAGED by the non call that I failed to even notice the travel.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t see the forest for the trees, at least in my case.

I was so OUTRAGED by the non call that I failed to even notice the travel.

i can understand in real time.

This statement came out days later (or maybe i just say it days later...idk lol)

Plenty of time for cooler heads to prevail.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All.

Including the Olympics.

The only players I love more than Magic Johnson , in the history of basketball , are Michael Jordan and his female counterpart, Sheryl Swoopes.

If you're fan of the NBA and remember Magic playing how could you not like him? He's still one of my all time favorite players. He was just a world class a-hole in '85 & '87. :heh:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not all but a handful of Lakers fans were making the comparison and what Reaves said was exactly my reply.

I believe I clarified that he has a similar role with the team, but is a different style player? A floor-burn max effort glue guy.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ignoring what?

I really don’t know what you are talking about here.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is there footage of this travel?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh shit. :doh: My bad. Somehow I mixed up Reddish with Barrett.

Both are currently Knicks, but Thibs never wanted Reddish so he doesn't play him (and Reddish hasn't played well when he has seen the court for NY). Atlanta had all but traded him to the Lakers last year before deciding to push for more compensation; Lakers dropped out and he was sent to the Knicks.

He's an OK defender and athletic, should be a better shooter than he has shown to date. He's basically a cheap flyer (salary max and 2 seconds reportedly) for a former blue chip Duke frosh and lottery pick.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember DJ saying something and I said Caruso is a much better defender that was uber athletic. Reaves was a shooter at Baylor, that’s it. Bad comparison but they are white LOL
Reaves played college ball at Oklahoma.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ignoring what?

I really don’t know what you are talking about here.

Lebron traveled before the foul.

Why is it acceptable to miss that but not the Tatum contact