• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, tied midway through the fourth, then they just stopped. Bad turnovers, bad shots, solid Cavs D, and poor backcourt Lakers D.

PLEASE trade Bev ASAP.
Yeah if Pat Bev can't make a difference defensively as this point he is pretty useless.

They had to put Reaves on Mitchell...Mitchell was torching anyone but if Pat Bev was an elite defender like he has been in the past he could have done something. No answer and Reaves definitely wasn't the answer

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what you're talking about :whistle:
Think Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Just more evidence my claim (which can never be proven) is correct, that the Cavs will never ever win another title. Never.
It all obviously bothers you.

Let's sum up: Cavs suck and will never win another title, Warriors are in the middle of a title window with 3 already. And the Warriors' future is bright, the Cavs isn't.

Just the facts.
You can do whatever you want. Cavs still aren't winning another title in your lifetime
I guess we will see but the Cavs future is BRIGHT :eyebrows:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah if Pat Bev can't make a difference defensively as this point he is pretty useless.

They had to put Reaves on Mitchell...Mitchell was torching anyone but if Pat Bev was an elite defender like he has been in the past he could have done something. No answer and Reaves definitely wasn't the answer

No, Reaves is more of a wing defensively. No chance on Mitchell.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats, Cavs fans.
thanks- though Davis going out did not help the Lakers- Davis has been MVP conversation caliber lately

LeBron always gets up for this game- as you can see by his 17 rebounds.....he actually tried on the boards.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@thunderc @tlance @trojanfan12 @The Q

Rare scenario where our differing opinions are all correct.

Funny how this article came out days after our discussion.

I also forgot that two of those picks were Miami’s, not ours.

In the 2019 offseason, the Clippers traded Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Danilo Gallinari, three unprotected first-round picks in 2022, 2024, and 2026, two first-round picks from the Heat in 2021 and 2023, and two first-round pick swaps in 2023 and 2025 for Paul George. This trade and the Anthony Davis deal changed the market for star players going forward and it jump-started a rebuild for the Thunder. They’ve already drafted Jalen Williams and Tre Mann with two of the five first-round picks they got but most importantly they got Gilgeous-Alexander who is playing at an All-NBA level.

While the Clippers gave up a haul for George, this wasn’t necessarily a bad trade for them. Unlike some teams that have recently made all-in deals for All-Stars, the Clippers were well-equipped for it. This deal sealed the signing of Kawhi Leonard and they already had a deep roster filled out. They had their best season in franchise history by making the Conference Finals in 2021, and have already recovered decently from losing all those draft picks by identifying talented players like Terance Mann, Luke Kennard, Amir Coffey, and Brandon Boston Jr.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In the 2019 offseason, the Clippers traded Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Danilo Gallinari, three unprotected first-round picks in 2022, 2024, and 2026, two first-round picks from the Heat in 2021 and 2023, and two first-round pick swaps in 2023 and 2025 for Paul George. This trade and the Anthony Davis deal changed the market for star players going forward and it jump-started a rebuild for the Thunder. They’ve already drafted Jalen Williams and Tre Mann with two of the five first-round picks they got but most importantly they got Gilgeous-Alexander who is playing at an All-NBA level.

While the Clippers gave up a haul for George, this wasn’t necessarily a bad trade for them. Unlike some teams that have recently made all-in deals for All-Stars, the Clippers were well-equipped for it. This deal sealed the signing of Kawhi Leonard and they already had a deep roster filled out. They had their best season in franchise history by making the Conference Finals in 2021, and have already recovered decently from losing all those draft picks by identifying talented players like Terance Mann, Luke Kennard, Amir Coffey, and Brandon Boston Jr.

I’m still very much in favor of the trade!

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m still very much in favor of the trade!
As of now, I’m good.

Love SHAI and hate how Kawhi has devolved.

But, without that trade, we’d have SGA, Lou Williams, Beverley, Deandre Jordan , Trezl, Zubac , Gallo and Landry Shamet.

Pass.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of now, I’m good.

Love SHAI and hate how Kawhi has devolved.

But, without that trade, we’d have SGA, Lou Williams, Beverley, Deandre Jordan , Trezl, Zubac , Gallo and Landry Shamet.

Pass.
And we would still have Russ. Hard pass.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My point was more in the way that minny worked and worked and worked to keep McDaniel out of the Gobert deal

I don’t remember a lot of the clips roster then, but they did turn down firsts from contenders for Lou to make a playoff run so he easily could’ve been involved and flipped by okc to make a deal more palatable.

And this is especially true when the clippers had a glaring need at pg when they had sag

There had to be another way.

That was more where I was going. SGA should’ve been their McDaniel in this case, especially already paying a premium for george

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meh...later for Pat Bev. His better days are long gone...Lebron's too obviously.
That said...I'm of the belief if AD didn't get sick, the Lakers would've won.