• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting comparison. I like that for Wiseman.

Jermaine O'Neal. Yeah, I like that one a lot.
I’m not projecting similar games or impact. I’m just saying that Wiseman could be a later bloomer. Wiseman didn’t even get much college run. He went from AAU pretty much to the NBA off an injury. That’s a rough transition. I think the Pistons made a really solid risk with a high end reward. They didn’t really spend much to take the chance.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They mucked everything up by moving Kyrie too early. If they were going to move Durant ultimately for 3 wings, the pcs for Kyrie should've been different (or more picks and expirings than controlled players?). Those two trades don't fit under one plan really. They were flying by the seat of their pants and kinda crapped them in the process, then didn't do anything yesterday to clean up the mess.

They should’ve known what they were doing with Durant before finalizing the deal

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,656.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is, that’s ok. They don’t own their picks so they much as well try to win with depth and length
Yeah, but they have a lot.

Cam could walk but they should trade a few in the offseason. In order to keep them all happy with playing time.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,656.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not projecting similar games or impact. I’m just saying that Wiseman could be a later bloomer. Wiseman didn’t even get much college run. He went from AAU pretty much to the NBA off an injury. That’s a rough transition. I think the Pistons made a really solid risk with a high end reward. They didn’t really spend much to take the chance.
Exactly.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but they have a lot.

Cam could walk but they should trade a few in the offseason. In order to keep them all happy with playing time.

They should’ve traded curry and probably O’Neal for picks or other young players

Claxton and sharpe need to own all 48 minutes at c

They should’ve grabbed a young pg, even if a flier type

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya you know more than Steve Kerr.

I would be willing to bet if you had a behind the scenes look you would see that Wiseman was not doing the things that Kerr wanted him to do in order to be able to trust him.

you can put any athlete on the court and just have him run up and down and rebound and get buckets- but actually being able to play in a system, know ones responsibilities, is a lot different. I think when Wiseman got in- Kerr was thinking- why cant he do what we want him to do?

it not like he was fighting against Hakeem Olajuwon for minutes. Kevin Looney should not be able to block a #3 pick with Wiseman's athleticism.
Steve Kerr is a great coach. But when has he shown that he knows what to do with a talented high skilled big man? In his scheme, those guys are screeners and rebounders. How do we know that Wiseman’s arc wasn’t harmed by being drafted by an organization that has no clue what to do with his talents?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah. And he’s played well in the g league

But he was average in that elite hs player league iirc

There were some warning signs

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,656.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should’ve traded curry and probably O’Neal for picks or other young players

Claxton and sharpe need to own all 48 minutes at c

They should’ve grabbed a young pg, even if a flier type
I agree.

They will probably draft one or pick somebody up in FA, they have Dinwiddie and he is a veteran presence for the rest of this season. Surprised, he didn't get flipped at the deadline honestly but they must like him.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@bksballer89 I think there is a better than decent chance we see a Cavs/Heat 4 v. 5 first round matchup. lol
For sure. Cavs already know the matchup. I will be pretty freaking shocked if they're not playing the heat or knicks round 1. They are currently 2-4 vs those teams.

The win vs Miami came without Herro and Butler

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,656.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Kerr is a great coach. But when has he shown that he knows what to do with a talented high skilled big man? In his scheme, those guys are screeners and rebounders. How do we know that Wiseman’s arc wasn’t harmed by being drafted by an organization that has no clue what to do with his talents?
If the Cavs didn't have Allen and Mobley and got Wiseman.....he'd be talking what a deal, etc.....

LOL.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

They will probably draft one or pick somebody up in FA, they have Dinwiddie and he is a veteran presence for the rest of this season. Surprised, he didn't get flipped at the deadline honestly but they must like him.
He’s an expiring contract the summer. Easy enough to deal

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,175.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ainge can somehow make nice with Russ he might have come up an extreme tanking plan. Just tell him you need him to be prime Russ and give him the ball.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,656.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ainge can somehow make nice with Russ he might have come up the an extreme tanking plan. Just tell him you need him to be prime Russ and give him the ball.
He will never step foot in Utah.

Unless, as a visiting player.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,656.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crowder just needs to get in shape for the playoffs.....if he's still the same guy......think that makes the Bucks the fave in the EC.

Defensive stopper helps out a lot. And if he the same guy he's that plus a nice outside shooter.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course he did not get much college ruun- he fucked around with Memphis and got caught up in a bunch of bullshit because he is an idiot.

This was the first red flag. Some guys are super athletic but just dont have a head for the very very little bit of structure you have to be able to adapt to in the NBA.

I am not saying this is the case (though who knows)- I was reading an article the other day where the military doese not take anyone with an IQ lesss than 75 (I think that was the number) because they believe that they just cant train you and you will be counter productive.

At some point- some of these great athletes that are NBA players- I am not saying they are stupid- but they just do not have what it takes to translate their talent from a free flowing, i am just better than everyone else- to actually playing NBA basketball.

I think Jalen Green actually has a little bit of this going- but he is so talented that he will be useful- just never hit his full potential. The one guy on the Cavs- Porter Jr.- another great example.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked really pissed.....and he shrugged off Bron saying he loved him.

There could be some smoke where there is fire.

He looked pissed because the team was getting their ass kicked by the OKC fucking Thunder

I was looking pissed too.

There is no smoke, there is no fire.