• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,735.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Lakers, to GSW to MIN - now back to the Lakers. Each time it seems he has lost value despite inching closer to his prime.

He is a talent but there are definitely questions about his head. Conley is such a better fit there. He will get Edwards and Towns in the right places and provide badly needed leadership. Gobert will be thrilled to have Conley too.

Very good deal for Twolves if you ask me.
The Lakers won it, followed by Minny, and then Utah.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their leader is fucking around with gun play after the game! It’s not about basketball for them right now. They’re peacocking like they’ve done something. If I’m being honest, it’s next level Embiid/Simmons shit. Embiid needed Jimmy Butler to speak some truth to him about how it’s done and he’s been an MVP candidate ever since. JA doesn’t have that influence yet.
totally- they do not have a veteran that can calm the waters and provide some leadership.

They need someone like that. They should go after someone that has a short-ish contract- that wont cost much that just has a bad contract- a Heyward or Lowry might not be bad for them- even if the $ is shitty.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers woke up a bit after the Embiid T. Not sure why they have a matchup and they went away from him for so long. From about 4 min 1Q to about 5min 2Q they just went through a lull. Just bad offense. A decision needs to be made at the All Star break if Super Six Man is the role for Maxey. He’s been feast or famine in this role. Bad shooting first half for him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord Timberwolves front office is just pure shit
how was that a bad deal for the Twolves? Russell has been a disaster there.

Getting Conley is a great fit for them.

Obviously they fucked up royally with the trade FOR Russell, and they WAY overpaid for Gobert- but I cannot find fault with this deal at all.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
totally- they do not have a veteran that can calm the waters and provide some leadership.

They need someone like that. They should go after someone that has a short-ish contract- that wont cost much that just has a bad contract- a Heyward or Lowry might not be bad for them- even if the $ is shitty.
Nah, they should get Russ.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t think GH is a leader and Lowry won’t command JA’s respect.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers won it, followed by Minny, and then Utah.
we have no clue who won the deal.

What if the Lakers get busted first round and the unprotected pick because some stud? What if Conley settles down the Twolves- puts guys in their spots and provides leadership.

I think all 3 teams accomplished goals they had---

The Jazz getting expiring contract and acquiring an unprotected first round pick

The Lakers- getting roster depth and upside

The Twolves- getting a leader that can help max out studs like Towns and Edwards.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WESTBROOK IS GONE! LET'S US REJOICE!!!

This is truly the end of an error*

*stole it from Twitter but I don't care

praise GIF

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What if the Lakers get busted first round and the unprotected pick because some stud? What if Conley settles down the Twolves- puts guys in their spots and provides leadership.

The Jazz getting expiring contract and acquiring an unprotected first round pick

The Twolves- getting a leader that can help max out studs like Towns and Edwards.

Pick is top 4 protected

Danny lost this trade

Bad

If you were gonna do this, do it on sept so you can get suck dick for Vic

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1st, it's lightly protected. It's also not until at least 2027.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think GH is a leader and Lowry won’t command JA’s respect.
I was just thinking of two respected veteran NBA players. Its not easy to get a guy who is talented and demands respect- especially for a cheap cost.

They could prob. spend a ton of assets and get OG- and that would make them probably the most talented team in the West- or close to it- but does not really provide any leadership.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lakers clear winners.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how was that a bad deal for the Twolves? Russell has been a disaster there.

Getting Conley is a great fit for them.

Obviously they fucked up royally with the trade FOR Russell, and they WAY overpaid for Gobert- but I cannot find fault with this deal at all.
Russell was real bad fit for a long time. This year he is shooting better than ever before and keeping his assists up. Multiple teams had interest. At the very worst they could have walked with cap space next year. Now we are locked in for at least 15 million less cap next year for an at best side grade and some second round picks.