• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't want to hear anything out of Ham. He's consistently closed games all year with Westbrook and we've lost many a game because of Ham's coaching decisions. If you're mad at Westbrook doing Westbrook things at this point, that's on you
Bro, those 3 guard lineups at the end of games can be BRUTAL.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t end great with him joining the Dubs.

But, seems like most of the animosity was coming from the media.

Most basketball fans can be forgiving if it’s in the best interest of the franchise winning.

…..he left.

He didn’t murder any women or children.

That we know of

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the elements were there for another Bev blowup last night. Somehow though he restrained himself, I was pissed lol.

Imagine of the season so far.

Not LeBron becoming the leagues all time leading scorer.

It was Bev walking onto the court to show the refs video of a foul.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,725.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The growth of both Williams rookies has been PHENOMENAL.
I know, and Giddey. He took a step back to start the year but his ability to drive hard and score inside against the best in the league is blowing me away. Both Giddey and Santa Clara Williams have so much confidence at the rim, it’s so fun to watch. And Arkansas Williams knocking down threes? Please.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't want to hear anything out of Ham. He's consistently closed games all year with Westbrook and we've lost many a game because of Ham's coaching decisions. If you're mad at Westbrook doing Westbrook things at this point, that's on you

He's trying to keep Westbrook focused. It apparently worked, as Russ was on his game in the 4th.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

Okay Darvin.

I watched that game and that certainly seems like a possibility. Everyone was deferring to Lebron, then standing around and watching him. Notably AD (or whatever was off with him).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get he doesn't get starters minutes but I don't see it.

I'm not sure who gives him that other than maybe the Celtics, knowing his value to their team. If they're looking to potentially move him? Could be a tough negotiation this summer...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, and Giddey. He took a step back to start the year but his ability to drive hard and score inside against the best in the league is blowing me away. Both Giddey and Santa Clara Williams have so much confidence at the rim, it’s so fun to watch. And Arkansas Williams knocking down threes? Please.

One of those Williams kids needs to develop a recognized nickname quick.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro, those 3 guard lineups at the end of games can be BRUTAL.
They've been getting cooked all year. Sometimes he'll even go 4 guards. The only line ups that work well is if we have 1 or 2 guards matched with size the reset of the way. Gabriel has been giving decent minutes the last month or so. He's been getting DNP'd that last couple of weeks. Max Christie was starting to show some signs that the Lakers hit on another decent player late in the draft. Just when he started showing signs, Ham starts DNPing him. You'd expect a new HC to have some growing pains but this late into this season I'm starting to think he's just dumb and not cut out for it. His TO management is terrible. He doesn't learn anything from his line up adjustments, none of all the little things that go into being a HC is he doing well at.

He's trying to keep Westbrook focused. It apparently worked, as Russ was on his game in the 4th.

For what? Who the fuck cares. He's been a mess all season. And in the game last night he was his usual Westbrook self with dumbass turnovers and decisions, absent minded defense, and a whole host of other Russell Westbrook issues, but because he played hard in the 4th (and looked better because the rest of the team, especially AD, was doing jack shit), he had a good game? Nah, fuck that. Russell Westbrook had been doing this his entire career and has a bunch of people fooled. His end of game stat lines will look "good". His "hustle" and effort on court will look "good". But if you really dive into it, watch him as a whole and how he plays total team basketball, he's not helping you win. Most nights, especially as he's aged, he's actively helping you lose. He plays a very selfish brand of basketball.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what? Who the fuck cares. He's been a mess all season. And in the game last night he was his usual Westbrook self with dumbass turnovers and decisions, absent minded defense, and a whole host of other Russell Westbrook issues, but because he played hard in the 4th (and looked better because the rest of the team, especially AD, was doing jack shit), he had a good game? Nah, fuck that. Russell Westbrook had been doing this his entire career and has a bunch of people fooled. His end of game stat lines will look "good". His "hustle" and effort on court will look "good". But if you really dive into it, watch him as a whole and how he plays total team basketball, he's not helping you win. Most nights, especially as he's aged, he's actively helping you lose. He plays a very selfish brand of basketball.

For what? Trying to win the game.

I want him gone too, but his 4th quarter performance came up just short last night, not going to criticize that.