• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s garbage if the only way he can get playing time is when a undrafted guy is injured.

Not in all cases.

But, in this one, yeah.

He will go back to dnps.

I'm inclined to agree that he's unlikely to sustain his current level of play when the guys who are out return and regular rotations are being used again.

But all that really matters is that he has stepped up now and is part of why the Lakers have managed to more or less "tread water" while AD has been out.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Lakers knock off one of the best teams in the WC.
It’s the NBA.

The Suns have beat them, The Dubs with no Curry beat them, The Wizards have beat them, the Jazz have beat them twice.

You have Lebron James and that gives you a punchers chance every night.

Anyone can get got.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,209.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ready for this breakfast skillet and in a little while.....some playoff football.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm inclined to agree that he's unlikely to sustain his current level of play when the guys who are out return and regular rotations are being used again.

But all that really matters is that he has stepped up now and is part of why the Lakers have managed to more or less "tread water" while AD has been out.
Sure.

You guys are definitely treading water.

Westbrook and Bron spearheading the charge.

But, he will go right back to getting dnp’s-garbage as soon as Lonnie or Reaves gets back.

Kemba went to the Mavs and had a 32 pt game, averaged 8ppg over a 9 game stint.

All these guys are skilled and can do it over a small sample size.

But, Kamba is still washed and Nunn is a 12th or 13th man.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, and he had a few nice plays last night.
So did Reggie Jackson for the Clippers.

Guess what?

Reggie is garbage and is only active until Wall gets back or we make a trade.

Jackson went from being a starter to straight up DNP.

Just like Nunn.

Great win yesterday and you should be proud that he has been better.

But, if he can’t be a regular rotation player on a team that has not been.500 at anytime this Season?

He’s not good.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he’s very sensitive and he’s a troll on top of it. Embiid always cited Hakeem as one of the guys he models his game after. He was probably up in his feels and thought he was being attacked.

When an all time great speaks up like that Embiid should have handled it the same why he handled Chuck & Shaq's criticism of him a few seasons ago. They both said he wasn't being aggressive enough.

76ers Joel Embiid agrees with criticism from Charles Barkley, Shaquille O'Neal (from 2019)

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did Reggie Jackson for the Clippers.

Guess what?

Reggie is garbage and is only active until Wall gets back or we make a trade.

Jackson went from being a starter to straight up DNP.

Just like Nunn.

Great win yesterday and you should be proud that he has been better.

But, if he can’t be a regular rotation player on a team that has not been.500 at anytime this Season?

He’s not good.

Yep. End of the day, these are still NBA players which makes them among the best in the world. So, as you say, the 12th/13th man can step up for short stints.

But they can't sustain it for more than 10-20 games and will revert to their norm if they need to be used for longer.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. End of the day, these are still NBA players which makes them among the best in the world. So, as you say, the 12th/13th man can step up for short stints.

But they can't sustain it for more than 10-20 games and will revert to their norm if they need to be used for longer.
Spot on.

My thing with guys like Nunn and Jackson is, if the shot isn’t falling they are useless.

Neither are great creators for others and they are pretty much potted plants on defense.

The Reaves and Terrance Mann’s of the world keep them on the bench because of sheer effort.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adams is a gentle giant, never seen him get mad, good thing.

I wish I could remember exactly when this happened.

Memphis was playing a team and a Grizzles player got pissed. Pushing away teammates & coaches to get to an opposing player.

Well Adams stepped in, literally picked his teammate and started walking down the court with him.

As soon as the Grizzles player realized it was Adams his tone completely changed.

He looks like he could knock the shit outta just about anyone.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Memphis was playing a team and a Grizzles player got pissed. Pushing away teammates & coaches to get to an opposing player.

Well Adams stepped in, literally picked his teammate and started walking down the court with him.

As soon as the Grizzles player realized it was Adams his tone completely changed.

Widely regarded as the strongest guy in the league. Such a good dude though, 18 brothers and sisters and out of a New Zealand street gang. Best story of him with the Thunder he was asked if he watches much nba. His answer, “no mate I have to keep up with my cartoons”.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Widely regarded as the strongest guy in the league. Such a good dude though, 18 brothers and sisters and out of a New Zealand street gang. Best story of him with the Thunder he was asked if he watches much nba. His answer, “no mate I have to keep up with my cartoons”.

Doesn't he have a sister that's an Olympic gold medalist?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shot put, not sure it was a gold but definitely medaled

Had to look it up but his sister Valerie actually won two golds in '08 & '12.

And having all those siblings. Holy moly.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I gotcha, my guy.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know the exact numbers but when Adams was with OKC it was crazy how efficient he was in the 1st quarter. They would run some plays for him out of the gate and at times he would get 8 or 10 points quick. Then most of the time he wouldn’t see the ball again the rest of the game. I mean it was almost every game like that.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for posting that. Obviously I didn't remember it correctly. Thought Adams picked his teammate up. Not a Bulls player.
You still got the facts right.

He picked up, carried and restrained a very large human like he was carrying a watermelon or a case of beer.