• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they include FT in those stats? Would be interesting to see if Embiid tops them all in FTA.
Not sure. I don’t understand why people are hyper focused on his free throw attempts. It’s a talent drawing fouls and as a career 80% + FT shooter he makes opponents pay.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but turning the corner usually implies a higher production level IMO. Any improvement is good though.
For Okoro it is minimal bc his ceiling is a 3 and D player to his fullest and nothing more imo. If he can consistently hit the 3 that is a big step in his progression and confidence. Nothing crazy though but if he can sustain it then he is their starting 3 going forward

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

So Stan Van Gundy is old.

He tweets that in the 90's they practiced longer and harder, had more back to backs, etc.

KD tweets: Stan spittin'

SVG: No, I wasn't criticizing players...explains himself.

KD: Stan, I agree with u. lol

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,225.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

So Stan Van Gundy is old.

He tweets that in the 90's they practiced longer and harder, had more back to backs, etc.

KD tweets: Stan spittin'

SVG: No, I wasn't criticizing players...explains himself.

KD: Stan, I agree with u. lol
They walked between back to backs, in the snow

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh thibs!!! Beal played last night! You dum shite! No plan no answer no strategy against one of the better players in league.

Terrible loss , terrible team, terrible coach.

Dolan , take over team!!!

Fire thibs

Go Giants

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure. I don’t understand why people are hyper focused on his free throw attempts. It’s a talent drawing fouls and as a career 80% + FT shooter he makes opponents pay.

I didn't say it was a negative. It goes a long way to showing why he's among the leaders despite the fewer minutes played.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think we see this stuff differently. I don’t need to play shoulda coulda woulda with that stuff. That’s how you over inflate the Little Engine That Could and go Gaga over a guy who turns his squad into a 6 seed and home after 5 games in the first round.

The reality is that Larry Bird was a champion. Jokic is a Western Conference runner up as teams shit away leads in series in the weirdest close to a season any of us have witnessed in our lives.
For sure we see it differently.....you see it with an anti Jokic and pro Embiid agenda and I see it with no agenda.

I don't need to play coulda, shoulda, woulda either. when the Cs were successful with Bird as a top player he had at least 2-3 HOFers playing with him AND other all stars. Jokic has one borderline all star and got a 6 seed with him and the next best player out most of the season.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they underachieve last year when Embiid held them above water and the top 4 in the East while Ben Simmons sits out before getting traded at the deadline? Did they underachieve when they were the number 1 seed? Maybe you can argue they did when they lost to the Hawks. But Embiid averaged 30 and 13 in that series playing on an MCL injury.
yes

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Cavs game, Bruh.

All 5 Cavs starters in double figures.

Going down to the last shot.
Have to admit thought this might be one of those games they did not make their typical comeback and might just lose by 15-20 or more.

Will say while they fought I'd almost rather they just come back a little and lost by 10 or so. Such an annoying way to go down.

Almost never a blame the ref guy but wow....that call on Allen. Didn't see entire game so if JB had a challenge no idea why he didn't use it. Also not sure if can be challenged but that ref was really quick on the 5 second call. Called 1 second immediately after giving the ball to Okoro...4 to 5 was quick, too.

Oh well....still could have stopped them and/or scored ourselves so we are to blame. Hell of a game.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
encouraging to see Okoro come around.

need more from the bench. Love being ice cold and Wade out does not help. Not sure why Osman did not get more run. Did he get hurt?
Can only think more Osman means less Okoro (or maybe Stevens) and figured they needed more D?

What I really love about Okoro is not just his shots are falling but seems to be more aggressive driving and cutting.