• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wtf was he thinking?

Ham has to call a timeout to get the ball in Lebron’s hand.

Westbrook is just too excitable.
He gets Embiid which means they have a match up with Gabriel. He goes to the rim to pass there to Gabriel. Gabriel could have rolled harder to the rim but big play by Niang to get a piece of the pass.

4th quarter Harden was really strong tonight. 24 pts 13 assists on only 15 shots and 2 turnovers.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid and Harden 36 minutes on a back to back. Last night Embiid wins the game with a bucket down 1. Tonight he’s the primary defender on a stop to win the game. They don’t value 2 way players for MVP but I sure do.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gets Embiid which means they have a match up with Gabriel. He goes to the rim to pass there to Gabriel. Gabriel could have rolled harder to the rim but big play by Niang to get a piece of the pass.

4th quarter Harden was really strong tonight. 24 pts 13 assists on only 15 shots and 2 turnovers.
I just don’t understand why Ham didn’t call a timeout to get the ball in Lebron’s hand.

Honestly, didn’t you know how this was gonna end as soon as you saw Russ match up with Russ?

FFS, he dribbled the ball off his own fricking foot!!!

With all the injuries and underachieving out West, the Lakers should have made a trade.

That 5 game winning streak is about to mean fuck all because they have now lost 3 straight.

As for your team?

Now that you’re healthy, top of the East gonna be a blood bath.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid and Harden 36 minutes on a back to back. Last night Embiid wins the game with a bucket down 1. Tonight he’s the primary defender on a stop to win the game. They don’t value 2 way players for MVP but I sure do.
Maybe you should rest them both against the Clipppers?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers consistently just throw away games late. Whether its bad coaching or dumb play by one of the players, its always something. I can think of like 5 games right off the top of my head they've screwed up. Probably a couple more too if we sat down and went through the entire schedule

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who’s his competition?

Tatum and the same guy from the last 2 years?

Its funny….

This would be the year that Jokic would probably most deserve it.

I wouldn’t give it to him.

But, his stats, team record makes him a solid candidate.

But, no fucking way can he be a 3 time, 3 peat MVP without a ring.

It won’t be Luka either.

Tatum or Embiid.

Coin flip..

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don’t understand why Ham didn’t call a timeout to get the ball in Lebron’s hand.

Honestly, didn’t you know how this was gonna end as soon as you saw Russ match up with Russ?

FFS, he dribbled the ball off his own fricking foot!!!

With all the injuries and underachieving out West, the Lakers should have made a trade.

That 5 game winning streak is about to mean fuck all because they have now lost 3 straight.

As for your team?

Now that you’re healthy, top of the East gonna be a blood bath.
I refuse to get excited because I’ve seen it before from January to April. This matters for sure…but it’s about them figuring out the best groups for the playoff wars.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who’s his competition?

Tatum and the same guy from the last 2 years?

Its funny….

This would be the year that Jokic would probably most deserve it.

I wouldn’t give it to him.

But, his stats, team record makes him a solid candidate.

But, no fucking way can he be a 3 time, 3 peat MVP without a ring.

It won’t be Luka either.

Tatum or Embiid.

Coin flip..
My call is still Luka. They’re never giving it to Embiid. Tatum is a strong bet because of the Ringer and the way they direct NBA media. I think 3 or 4 of Simmons’ lemmings actually have votes themselves.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I refuse to get excited because I’ve seen it before from January to April. This matters for sure…but it’s about them figuring out the best groups for the playoff wars.
Every game won’t be a blowout.

Winning these grind it out, down to the wire games are important.

At some point, you’re going to have to do this in the post season.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My call is still Luka. They’re never giving it to Embiid. Tatum is a strong bet because of the Ringer and the way they direct NBA media. I think 3 or 4 of Simmons’ lemmings actually have votes themselves.
The Mavs won’t win enough….imo

Tatum or Embiid.

Durant might have had a chance before he went down.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's on Ham as well.

Embiid is a good perimeter defender. He can hold his own just fine.

Timeout was needed

His Xs and Os, especially offensively, have actually been an upgrade over Frank Vogel, who was often running a lot of incoherent crap on offense. But Ham's in game management is fucking atrocious. Just in the last few days he blew the game against Dallas but putting Schroder in a situation to guard Luka and also didn't instruct to foul to prevent 3s and then this shit tonight. The planning before the game where you map out your offense and defense, he's fine. In game though? Just awful. He's very much a career assistant who is learning on the job how to be a HC. I just wish he'd learn a little faster. It's mid-January and he's still costing us games.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every game won’t be a blowout.

Winning these grind it out, down to the wire games are important.

At some point, you’re going to have to do this in the post season.
They have executed much better in the half court. They’re already not a pace team (Embiid and Harden are slow and play a lot of minutes) which should translate to playoff ball. They need to be much better defensively. They need Thybulle Tucker and Melton to step forward with their play to demand more minutes. Some teams can not worry about defense and then turn it up in the playoffs. This isn’t that kind of team. I have no idea why these defensive stats love the Sixers D. I watch them a ton and they need a lot of work at that end. Harden Maxey and Harris all present matchups for the opposition at that end. They need to have a plan for dealing with that.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His Xs and Os, especially offensively, have actually been an upgrade over Frank Vogel, who was often running a lot of incoherent crap on offense. But Ham's in game management is fucking atrocious. Just in the last few days he blew the game against Dallas but putting Schroder in a situation to guard Luka and also didn't instruct to foul to prevent 3s and then this shit tonight. The planning before the game where you map out your offense and defense, he's fine. In game though? Just awful. He's very much a career assistant who is learning on the job how to be a HC. I just wish he'd learn a little faster. It's mid-January and he's still costing us games.
Look, I agree 100%.

But, that man has my respect.

He got Russell fucking Westbrook to buy into a bench role.

…..and he’s flourishing.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, I agree 100%.

But, that man has my respect.

He got Russell fucking Westbrook to buy into a bench role.

…..and he’s flourishing.

Flourishing might be too strong. He's been better for sure. But as was apparent like back in November, Westbrook has absolutely no business closing games. He does dumb shit (like tonight) all the time. And like bk said earlier, that's on Ham. Whether its not calling a TO or having Westbrook out there to begin with, both are bad situational moves and its losing us games no matter how well Westbrook is playing off the bench in quarters 1 thru 3.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have executed much better in the half court. They’re already not a pace team (Embiid and Harden are slow and play a lot of minutes) which should translate to playoff ball. They need to be much better defensively. They need Thybulle Tucker and Melton to step forward with their play to demand more minutes. Some teams can not worry about defense and then turn it up in the playoffs. This isn’t that kind of team. I have no idea why these defensive stats love the Sixers D. I watch them a ton and they need a lot of work at that end. Harden Maxey and Harris all present matchups for the opposition at that end. They need to have a plan for dealing with that.
We have a guy, currently ROTTING, on our bench that you could use.

He’s actually a former 6er.

I hate that he’s the odd man out and would love to see him go to a team like Philly, Miami or even Phoenix.

1673846951587.jpeg

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flourishing might be too strong. He's been better for sure. But as was apparent like back in November, Westbrook has absolutely no business closing games. He does dumb shit (like tonight) all the time. And like bk said earlier, that's on Ham. Whether its not calling a TO or having Westbrook out there to begin with, both are bad situational moves and its losing us games no matter how well Westbrook is playing off the bench in quarters 1 thru 3.
I honestly think he’s flourishing.

Okay….maybe I’m grading him on the curve because of last year.

But, hell to the no.

He should not close games.

But, with no Davis, Reaves, Lonnie….

What choice did Ham have?

Would you prefer trash ass Nunn?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a guy, currently ROTTING, on our bench that you could use.

He’s actually a former 6er.

I hate that he’s the odd man out and would love to see him go to a team like Philly, Miami or even Phoenix.

View attachment 319111
I’m in. Covington for Korkmaz Thybulle and Harrell? Salaries match.