• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,394.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wife want's McD's so I'm off.....gotta stop and get a 24 pack of water also so the grocery store too....

A husband's job is never done......SMH.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wife want's McD's so I'm off.....gotta stop and get a 24 pack of water also so the grocery store too....

A husband's job is never done......SMH.
Their breakfast isn’t bad but I can’t eat there anymore (rarely did anyway), it makes me sick

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,394.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their breakfast isn’t bad but I can’t eat there anymore (rarely did anyway), it makes me sick
Before we reconnected in 2019 I had been there 3-5 times in like 20 years.....the wife likes it so I like to keep her a happy camper.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent post.

Yeah, the expectations in LA are obviously sky high. Perhaps another decade of Jeanie Buss will bring more context and greater appreciation for what LeBron delivered there.

But we shall see.

I get there is a lot of downside to the post LeBron experience. But adding him to a contending group is 100% worth it. Even now.

Lebron the gm is an abysmal gm without Lebron the player

ElPatron1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he can’t be traded this year…..PERIOD.

He can opt-out next Summer.

I don’t think he’s leaving.

Lets be honest here, he didn’t go to the Lakers JUST for basketball reasons.

He went for business and lifestyle reasons.

Basketball was probably not top 3.

His kids and wife have a life there.

You don’t just uproot everyone because you don’t like the fact that your employer actually had the audacity to tell you no.

If that was true he wouldn't be complaining. He said i don't want to finish my career playing at this level. The only way to do that is join another team. Lebron most def would do that lol (bottom line)

Don't you remember he left the heat because he was mad at Pat Riley. He left the Cavs because he was mad at Dan Gilbert. Lebron is always looking for the next opportunity when the team he is on starts losing. It's a pretty clear trend. Ever notice these stories about not being happy started coming out right before a big change happened with multiple teams?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that was true he wouldn't be complaining. He said i don't want to finish my career playing at this level. The only way to do that is join another team. Lebron most def would do that lol (bottom line)

Don't you remember he left the heat because he was mad at Pat Riley. He left the Cavs because he was mad at Dan Gilbert. Lebron is always looking for the next opportunity when the team he is on starts losing. It's a pretty clear trend. Ever notice these stories about not being happy started coming out right before a big change happened with multiple teams?

In fairness, he left the Heat and Cavs after Finals trips.

So they weren’t exactly Laker level struggling.

ElPatron1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness, he left the Heat and Cavs after Finals trips.

So they weren’t exactly Laker level struggling.

True, but they weren't really competing in those finals. I think he was swept in both, but i can't remember?

I agree the lakers not even making the playoffs is prob not what he signed up for

I am not sure what team he will end up on, but i would be surprised if he is still on the lakers next year.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but they weren't really competing in those finals. I think he was swept in both, but i can't remember?

I agree the lakers not even making the playoffs is prob not what he signed up for

I am not sure what team he will end up on, but i would be surprised if he is still on the lakers next year.

Swept in ‘18, won 1 game in ‘14, but the series wasn’t close. The 4 Spur wins were pretty convincing.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lebron said what he said, because he had to say it. You can't expect the 2nd best player of all time to just be like "Nah it's cool"

What he said will light a fire under people who can and should make changes. The fans expect it, the media expects it.

As far as Lebron in LA goes, he's good. He's expanding his name and empire and LA is the perfect place to do it. He's not leaving. For starters he's still under contract for next season any way.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's kinda complicated. He has a bone spur that apparently he didn't know about. That spur actually fractured and a part of it is rubbing against other bones in his foot causing a stress reaction which is what his pain is. The bone structure of his foot isn't actually fractured, its the spur. But its getting better and as it heals, won't cause the reaction. But it could easily break again if he comes back too soon or is too overtaxed (like he was playing heavy minutes before). He could maybe probably gut it out this season if he stays on the path of healing the way he said he was in the media scrum. But in the offseason, he should definitely have surgery to have the spur removed.
Dunno, My Guy.

Recovery time for a bone spur removal is about 4 weeks.

This cotton soft mofo is talking about missing 6 months.

Even if Davis can return to the court to finish off the 2022-23 season with the Lakers, he knows that surgery could be necessary down the line. “Something to consider, in the offseason, to remove [the bone spur],” he said. “I think the biggest thing is the stress reaction, though, just monitoring that. Because that can definitely lead to six, seven, eight months out — which I would rather take four weeks than seven months. I’m not saying I’ll be back in four weeks — but hopefully.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,394.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is you don't post enough about what you eat.
Work Out Exercise GIF

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His kids weren’t old enough to be negatively impacted then.

Look at Chris Paul.

He hasn’t lived with his family since getting traded to OKC.

His wife and kids are still in Los Angeles because he didn’t want to disrupt his childrens program.

As much as I love to criticize Lebron, he appears to be a great father and is very present.

I doubt very seriously that he would be okay having to live separately.

That’s why I say this is a different scenario.

His boys are in High School.

He has to take that into consideration.

Oustside of the Chip, the Lakers have been pretty mediocre since he got there.

Yet, he just signed a contract extension.

If it weren’t specifically about wanting to be in LA, he would have gone to the Sixers, after leaving the Cavs for the 2nd time.