• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the employer is not obligated to oblige.

Yeah, agreed.

I said that.

But you are coming at LaVine like he has done something wrong. He hasn’t.

It is actually in the best interest of the team to trade a guy who isn’t all in on being there.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
technically the Cavs traded LeBron to Miami to. That is just semantics bullshit. He forced his way to the Knicks which is the point.

and not long after that they signed another multi-time All NBA all star free agent in Amare Stoudemire.

Its really comical how you do not think this shit out.

No, huge difference between Miami doing a sign and trade with a free agent LeBron, and the Knicks trading a bunch of assets mid season for Melo.

Not even close to the same.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m in an awesome mood, thinking about opening a new bottle of Crown Black.
Maybe it will chill you out a bit

Here's something fun, polling on what phrases people hate the most (from 538):

The end of the calendar year has also led certain national pollsters — Marist, specifically — to find out which word or phrase U.S. adults find most irritating. This year’s winner/loser? “Woke.” According to their survey, about one-third of Americans (35 percent) agree that “woke” is the most annoying word used in conversation. Coming in second was the word “whatever” (22 percent), followed by “it is what it is” (15 percent). But while attacking “woke” and “wokeism” was initially the crusade-du-jour by the GOP, it appears that a number of survey respondents — regardless of party ID — found the term annoying. In fact, 31 percent of Democrats, 39 percent of Republicans and 38 percent of independent voters listed “woke” as the most bothersome word used in conversation. For context, 2021’s winners, according to Marist, were “Trump” and “coronavirus.”

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he is an improved shooter but he is still overrated. He isn’t worth $43M/yr. Ridiculous. I don’t blame him at all for taking that ludicrous contract

Agreed.

Don’t think he is more than empty stats in terms of his contribution to a team.

Just pushing back on the idea that he isn’t skilled. That is crazy talk.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,917.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, agreed.

I said that.

But you are coming at LaVine like he has done something wrong. He hasn’t.

It is actually in the best interest of the team to trade a guy who isn’t all in on being there.
Sometimes I guess. I wasn’t really coming after Lavine, but he was basically a free agent or would have been before he signed the extension. Once you sign you get the security of knowing you get paid for the length of the contract even if you get hurt. What does the team get if they don’t get knowing they have your best for the length of the contract?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,917.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it will chill you out a bit

Here's something fun, polling on what phrases people hate the most (from 538):

The end of the calendar year has also led certain national pollsters — Marist, specifically — to find out which word or phrase U.S. adults find most irritating. This year’s winner/loser? “Woke.” According to their survey, about one-third of Americans (35 percent) agree that “woke” is the most annoying word used in conversation. Coming in second was the word “whatever” (22 percent), followed by “it is what it is” (15 percent). But while attacking “woke” and “wokeism” was initially the crusade-du-jour by the GOP, it appears that a number of survey respondents — regardless of party ID — found the term annoying. In fact, 31 percent of Democrats, 39 percent of Republicans and 38 percent of independent voters listed “woke” as the most bothersome word used in conversation. For context, 2021’s winners, according to Marist, were “Trump” and “coronavirus.”
I’m definitely opening the bottle

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I guess. I wasn’t really coming after Lavine, but he was basically a free agent or would have been before he signed the extension. Once you sign you get the security of knowing you get paid for the length of the contract even if you get hurt. What does the team get if they don’t get knowing they have your best for the length of the contract?

The get the short end is what they get.

Contracts are structured to favor the player in the NBA because the union has the power to collectively bargain that. Unlike the NFL where the team has the ability to cut players on multi-year deals and avoid paying all the time.

Frankly, I much prefer a system where the billionaire owners get hosed from time to time over the athlete who puts his career on the line every time he competes.

I know I am digressing very far from the original conversation, but it really annoys me when people always take ownership side in these types of issues.

Players make huge money doing a job most of us would kill to have, but that doesn’t mean they don’t have rights to pursue their own personal happiness while under contract.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,250.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LaVine is so overrated.

He does not strike me as a team guy (pretty obvious). Plays no defense. Relies on his athleticism and is not particularly skilled.
You said Mitchell was overrated when in Utah....now you love him!!!!

LOL.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,976.58
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fixed...:D

Let's be real. WiggityWack's a living definition of a sports inferiority complex. Why do you think he hates the teams you named, and the fans of those teams and anyone who doesn't agree with his POV his "enemies"...?

Gotta admit it's *entertaining though...
*Slightly at best....but that's on a good day...which for him, are few & far between.

His schtick got old long ago.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m in an awesome mood, thinking about opening a new bottle of Crown Black.
Friggin alcoholic...

Drunk Head First GIF by Barstool Sports