• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except that they didn’t mostly suck for the previous 30 years.

They were a top 5 team for most of the Ewing era and they had some other really good teams with Allan Houston, LJ etc.

Even then, that era was one where market didn’t matter as much because stars didn’t have the freedom to move around as much.

They just didn’t get the job done.

And they didn’t sign Melo as a free agent. They traded a ton of assets to land him when they could have waited 3 months and signed him outright.

Had they waited, they might have actually been able to build something.

But they didn’t.

So you are the one whose BS doesn’t add up.

Do better.
technically the Cavs traded LeBron to Miami to. That is just semantics bullshit. He forced his way to the Knicks which is the point.

and not long after that they signed another multi-time All NBA all star free agent in Amare Stoudemire.

Its really comical how you do not think this shit out.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never should have signed the extension then.

Are you going to say this every time a report comes out that a player wants to be traded?

Of course he should have signed the extension.

And he is honoring his contract.

The Bulls can choose to trade him or not.

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with a disgruntled player asking to be traded. Situations change.

Hell, at my job, I was happy for a long time. Had colleagues I enjoyed working with. Some things have changed, and now I am strongly considering a move next year.

That is life. Professional athletes have the right to change their mind about their work situations too.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LaVine is so overrated.

He does not strike me as a team guy (pretty obvious). Plays no defense. Relies on his athleticism and is not particularly skilled.

Ummm…

Yes, he is very skilled actually.

He just doesn’t defend and isn’t a team player. But saying he relies on athleticism shows you haven’t watched him play. He is a very good shooter on top of being athletic.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,917.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you going to say this every time a report comes out that a player wants to be traded?

Of course he should have signed the extension.

And he is honoring his contract.

The Bulls can choose to trade him or not.

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with a disgruntled player asking to be traded. Situations change.

Hell, at my job, I was happy for a long time. Had colleagues I enjoyed working with. Some things have changed, and now I am strongly considering a move next year.

That is life. Professional athletes have the right to change their mind about their work situations too.
And the employer is not obligated to oblige.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm…

Yes, he is very skilled actually.

He just doesn’t defend and isn’t a team player. But saying he relies on athleticism shows you haven’t watched him play. He is a very good shooter on top of being athletic.
Yeah he is an improved shooter but he is still overrated. He isn’t worth $43M/yr. Ridiculous. I don’t blame him at all for taking that ludicrous contract

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he is an improved shooter but he is still overrated. He isn’t worth $43M/yr. Ridiculous. I don’t blame him at all for taking that ludicrous contract
This is where the ability to shed Westbrook salary immediately and get first round picks in return is big. If they want a young player that can help in a rebuild the Lakers would likely lag behind other suitors.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you are obligated to be a little bitch every single day apparently
Sensitive as always LOL

You can't have the grumpy old man/judgy church lady persona then cry every time you get teased about it. I mean, YOU obviously can but you probably shouldn't.