• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid getting hit up 2-1 caused him to suck and we lost the series.
Come correct. What series are you talking about? The Sixers were never up 2-1 in the Miami series. They were up 2-1 in the Hawks series the year before and Embiid was a monster in every game.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.

Because the Knicks will eventually win when Dolan sells the team.

The Cavs will never win.

Eventually comes before never.

Never is an exaggeration, but yeah. Betting the Knicks title is in the distant future. We may not even be alive to see it.

But before Cleveland.
Nope, sorry bro, but no star basketball player will ever sign to play here regardless of who owns.

Star Basketball players do not want to deal with being held accountable. They no longer have to cause they get their money elsewhere.

Hockey players have to cause this is where the money is.

That’s why star hockey players play for Dolan and star basketball players won’t .

That’s just the way it is.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except I put it on what the Sixers lacked in their make up. You keep forgetting that what I’ve said is I didn’t make the Embiid excuse when it was right there. The team’s best player missed the first two games and then wasn’t the same guy. I specifically called that life with Embiid who is only there at 3 to be drafted because of his injury history and potential. Like I said, I’m not a Cavs fan. Sixers lost because they’re not good enough and part of that was their make up. Embiid is Batman. He gets up in his feels and is a roller coaster. That’s not an excuse; that’s a deficiency in the player. This time it was brought on by a dirty play. If you can’t see how something like that is more impactful than losing a Rubio…Oy vey. I do love the way you argue. You can tell you’re committed to crazy. You’re arguing the impact of a lost Rubio is in the same stratosphere with a lost Embiid. The window of time is also ridiculous. Cavs have time to deal for a LaVert or they could have gone with some other piece. Rubio is irreplaceable? And they still went on to shit the bed. You want to focus on injury. It’s probably the right time to remind you that your guys treated the All Star game in Cleveland last year like it was some coronation. And the same pieces that were the 3 seed minus the great Ricky Rubio of course collapsed after smelling themselves and acting like they arrived. I get where that comes from though. That’s Cleveland. Look at Wiggy’s tweet about can we stop asking opposing players about the Cavs. You people think you’re a championship level squad and it’s not even Christmas. You people did the same shit with the Browns after Baker Mayfield lost to Chad Henne haha.

Wow that was a tangent (Christmas break started at 11am and I’ve been ripping the bong)

Meanwhile, the Sixers ARE Joel Embiid come playoff time last year. He finally seems to be healthy come playoff time and he gets a dirty face breaking elbow from a guy bitter to be going home. How do you adjust to that on the fly?!?!? 2021-22 Sixers couldn’t. It is what it is. They couldn’t overcome the loss of the first big man since Moses Malone 40 years ago to average 30 PPG. That’s a problem with being Embiid dependent. It was some bull shit that got him hurt but it just as well could have been some other injury situation.

Cleveland gonna Cleveland

FYI, I was speaking of losing Sexton. Not Rubio....which was why I mentioned after 11 games, the amount Sexton played. Sure, losing Rubio hurt, too. The team was actually surviving losing both of them (and even the 3rd PG, Rondo) as they remained a top 3-4 seed or so. The killer for them was losing Allen for a month or so, then Mobley, as well for a couple weeks. But even with all that, yes, they did still manage to finish well above expectations.

Have you seen wiggy's own comments (or mine or shane)? wiggy for sure has not said we will win a title this season and I (and I believe shane) have said that, while playing really well even if we remain a top seed who knows what a young team will do in the playoffs together for the first time. But it is true that this team, if healthy, does seem to be legit and they need not keep asking guys if they are.

You are pretty much just making things up to satisfy your narrative when not many are more homerish than you.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come correct. What series are you talking about? The Sixers were never up 2-1 in the Miami series. They were up 2-1 in the Hawks series the year before and Embiid was a monster in every game.
didn't you say you were up 2-1 in a series, Embiid had a booboo and wasn't himself so you lost? I might have mixed up your excuses that you think were not excuses.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, sorry bro, but no star basketball player will ever sign to play here regardless of who owns.

Star Basketball players do not want to deal with being held accountable. They no longer have to cause they get their money elsewhere.

Hockey players have to cause this is where the money is.

That’s why star hockey players play for Dolan and star basketball players won’t .

That’s just the way it is.

Yeah, you are very wrong.

As soon as Knicks show competent management they will be attractive again.

Could even happen under Dolan, but probably not.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI, I was speaking of losing Sexton. Not Rubio....which was why I mentioned after 11 games, the amount Sexton played. Sure, losing Rubio hurt, too. The team was actually surviving losing both of them (and even the 3rd PG, Rondo) as they remained a top 3-4 seed or so. The killer for them was losing Allen for a month or so, then Mobley, as well for a couple weeks. But even with all that, yes, they did still manage to finish well above expectations.

Have you seen wiggy's own comments (or mine or shane)? wiggy for sure has not said we will win a title this season and I (and I believe shane) have said that, while playing really well even if we remain a top seed who knows what a young team will do in the playoffs together for the first time. But it is true that this team, if healthy, does seem to be legit and they need not keep asking guys if they are.

You are pretty much just making things up to satisfy your narrative when not many are more homerish than you.
Sexton? Dude…then you lost this one long before it started and you should be eating some crow. He played 11 games of an 82 game schedule I’ve called a collapse. They were the 3 seed and got there mostly without Sexton. Not only is using no Sexton an excuse it doesn’t even address the collapse that took place. And I’ll own that when I say you guys are talking a championship squad it is pseudo hyperbole. You guys aren’t claiming they’ll win the title this year because they lack playoff experience. But guys are wagering on the Mitchell Mobley Garland Cavs winning a title. You guys definitely think this group is a championship group. You guys have definitely anointed them. I get it. It’s Cleveland. The kids would call you thirsty. It’s a bad look.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't you say you were up 2-1 in a series, Embiid had a booboo and wasn't himself so you lost? I might have mixed up your excuses that you think were not excuses.
Wrong again. I am really interested in how long I can keep this one up with ya last word guy. I’ve explicitly stated those were two instances in which I could be going Cavs fan and living on an excuse but instead have held my team accountable.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sexton? Dude…then you lost this one long before it started and you should be eating some crow. He played 11 games of an 82 game schedule I’ve called a collapse. They were the 3 seed and got there mostly without Sexton. Not only is using no Sexton an excuse it doesn’t even address the collapse that took place. And I’ll own that when I say you guys are talking a championship squad it is pseudo hyperbole. You guys aren’t claiming they’ll win the title this year because they lack playoff experience. But guys are wagering on the Mitchell Mobley Garland Cavs winning a title. You guys definitely think this group is a championship group. You guys have definitely anointed them. I get it. It’s Cleveland. The kids would call you thirsty. It’s a bad look.
Anointed them in the future? Yeah they SHOULD be contenders for years to come. Should. Shit happens. One more superstar trade to make a superteam and that’s all it takes for them not to win it. Right now they need experience

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crowder for a package featuring Hachimura? Seriously?

Dude hasn’t played and isn’t in game shape. He might be ready for February

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did have a better winning % with Sexton than without him. while Mitchell is a lot better, Garland had no help in the backcourt as a playmaker once Sexton and then Rubio was gone. Levert helped some when he arrived but he got hurt a lot, too.

You are pretty much making it up as you go. could they win a title if they all stay together and could it be sooner rather than later? Sure, but they are hardly the favorite and it's hard to win a title.

I get a laughing emoji from you will follow...I only ask if you are going to continue to make things up to somehow show we are bigger homers than you (we aren't) that you at least be more creative.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong again. I am really interested in how long I can keep this one up with ya last word guy. I’ve explicitly stated those were two instances in which I could be going Cavs fan and living on an excuse but instead have held my team accountable.
you are wondering how long you can continue to keep getting the last word? Guess that depends on you.

You did both...held your team accountable after making excuses. it can be both

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anointed them in the future? Yeah they SHOULD be contenders for years to come. Should. Shit happens. One more superstar trade to make a superteam and that’s all it takes for them not to win it. Right now they need experience
So I haven't "anointed them". You haven't. Wiggy also has not.

Are there other Cavs' fans here who have maybe?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did have a better winning % with Sexton than without him. while Mitchell is a lot better, Garland had no help in the backcourt as a playmaker once Sexton and then Rubio was gone. Levert helped some when he arrived but he got hurt a lot, too.

You are pretty much making it up as you go. could they win a title if they all stay together and could it be sooner rather than later? Sure, but they are hardly the favorite and it's hard to win a title.

I get a laughing emoji from you will follow...I only ask if you are going to continue to make things up to somehow show we are bigger homers than you (we aren't) that you at least be more creative.

CLe should put okoro out there for a rebuilding team to add to at bigger wing

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you are very wrong.

As soon as Knicks show competent management they will be attractive again.

Could even happen under Dolan, but probably not.
Lol, my reasoning makes a lot more sense , more logical then yours do regarding this matter .

To say that no star basketball players will play here cause of 1 man is absurd !

Especially since he owns 2 teams that play in the worlds most famous arena.

And, knowing support would follow that star player immediately like Hardin and keyrie followed KD .

Would turn the Knicks
into an immediate contender.

Why would they purposely spite 1 man for this?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CLe should put okoro out there for a rebuilding team to add to at bigger wing
Like I said before, is it even worth it? What is his worth? He’s fine being in a role as a bench player/strong defender. When he attacks the basket he can’t be stopped…that is the issue. Way too inconsistent. Always mixed feelings but overall I don’t think he worth a trade bc of his value