• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last year the Cavs were a super young team that had a ton of injuries and still won more games than the Vegas prediction than any team in the NBA. They overachieved by a mile.
My guy!

In response to a post accusing Cavs fans of excuse making you double down with excuse making.

Good sir, I’ve been served.
596E6E0A-088B-4127-943E-594FBD5A19F6.gif

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Get that word “excuse” out of your post. I’m not a Cavs fan. I don’t make excuses.
2. We are talking about two vastly different circumstances. One guy is the best two way big on the planet and the other is a journeyman point guard you have over valued because the Cavs roster lacked anything else resembling a legit NBA distributor.
3. Yes, epic collapse applies when you’re a 3 seed going into the All Star break and then you don’t make the playoffs. What the fuck does a Vegas win projection have to do with that?!?!? They won like 13-14 games after the All Star Break. That’s a collapse my guy. You can add your excuses to mitigate that. It’s what you do. You can put lipstick on that pig but yeah it’s an epic collapse.
Injured guys needing eventual surgery costing a team wins is an excuse per you.......but a big guy getting bumped then sucking because of it causing his team to lose the series is not?

I stopped reading after that gem of yours.

SMOKEY95

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Special needs!!!!
Ice Cube Reaction GIF

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came at Embiid the other night after he was doing his passive aggressive shit with the Raptors in the press. I think I called him some form of injury prone in two or three posts today.

But I want to give ya an atta guy on beating the fuck out of that strawman! Let’s fucking go! Hit him again. Remember when I said the Sixers are gonna win 3 NBA titles this year? Kick the shit out of that claim next.

View attachment 317332

Interesting you brought this back up. Good for you.

You got pissed because of what I said about Embiid.

So go ahead and have your issues because I said he's injury prone. He missed the first two seasons of his career and has never played more than 68 games in a season.

And yes he did cry like bitch to media last season saying nobody liked him. If a player from any other team would have said something like that you'd be able to see how bizarre it was for him to say that in the first place.

He's missed alotta games in his career due to injury. But for some really odd reason you seem to be taking what I said very personally.

Answer this question. Has anything I've said about yer boy Embiid incorrect? No it's not. That's what makes your current rant so unbelievably funny.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year? Boston and Milwaukee seem like the top 2 closely followed by some mix of Brooklyn, Denver, Memphis, and Philadelphia IMO. Could be talked into adding a team or two like Phoenix or even Cleveland.
Violation. We can’t talk seriously about Sixers and championship until they get out of the 2nd round. Embiid, Harden, Harris is a lot of playoff loser energy. People used to throw their name in there based on a lot of talk. They can’t do shit in my mind until May.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Knicks better than the Cavs today?

Of course not.

What I have said, and what I stand by is that the Knicks are more likely to win a title next.

Because as good as the Cavs core is, I am still betting on the field.

And someday Dolan will sell the team, the Knicks will get competent management and it is just a huge upper hand being in that market vs Cleveland.

And you know all this.

But we can make a bet if you want on the Cavs.

As much Vcash as you want. You take the Cavs for as long as Garland and Mobley are on the roster, I take the field.

If the Cavs win a ring, you win. If they don’t, I win.
Wait … what?

You said no star players would ever play in NY cause of the Dolans, and looks like they will be around for a very long time .

You posted you cannot win a ring without a star player

Now, you confidently post the Knicks will win before the cavs?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, because I don’t think that is true.

Superstars used to play their whole careers in places like Utah in the 80s and 90s.

That rarely happens now.
This probably true.......I can agree it might matter less and less now than, say, when Lebron first went to Miami but not from way back when (especially because of CBAs changing).

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injured guys needing eventual surgery costing a team wins is an excuse per you.......but a big guy getting bumped then sucking because of it causing his team to lose the series is not?

I stopped reading after that gem of yours.
Except I put it on what the Sixers lacked in their make up. You keep forgetting that what I’ve said is I didn’t make the Embiid excuse when it was right there. The team’s best player missed the first two games and then wasn’t the same guy. I specifically called that life with Embiid who is only there at 3 to be drafted because of his injury history and potential. Like I said, I’m not a Cavs fan. Sixers lost because they’re not good enough and part of that was their make up. Embiid is Batman. He gets up in his feels and is a roller coaster. That’s not an excuse; that’s a deficiency in the player. This time it was brought on by a dirty play. If you can’t see how something like that is more impactful than losing a Rubio…Oy vey. I do love the way you argue. You can tell you’re committed to crazy. You’re arguing the impact of a lost Rubio is in the same stratosphere with a lost Embiid. The window of time is also ridiculous. Cavs have time to deal for a LaVert or they could have gone with some other piece. Rubio is irreplaceable? And they still went on to shit the bed. You want to focus on injury. It’s probably the right time to remind you that your guys treated the All Star game in Cleveland last year like it was some coronation. And the same pieces that were the 3 seed minus the great Ricky Rubio of course collapsed after smelling themselves and acting like they arrived. I get where that comes from though. That’s Cleveland. Look at Wiggy’s tweet about can we stop asking opposing players about the Cavs. You people think you’re a championship level squad and it’s not even Christmas. You people did the same shit with the Browns after Baker Mayfield lost to Chad Henne haha.

Wow that was a tangent (Christmas break started at 11am and I’ve been ripping the bong)

Meanwhile, the Sixers ARE Joel Embiid come playoff time last year. He finally seems to be healthy come playoff time and he gets a dirty face breaking elbow from a guy bitter to be going home. How do you adjust to that on the fly?!?!? 2021-22 Sixers couldn’t. It is what it is. They couldn’t overcome the loss of the first big man since Moses Malone 40 years ago to average 30 PPG. That’s a problem with being Embiid dependent. It was some bull shit that got him hurt but it just as well could have been some other injury situation.

Cleveland gonna Cleveland.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting you brought this back up. Good for you.

You got pissed because of what I said about Embiid.

So go ahead and have your issues because I said he's injury prone. He missed the first two seasons of his career and has never played more than 68 games in a season.

And yes he did cry like bitch to media last season saying nobody liked him. If a player from any other team would have said something like that you'd be able to see how bizarre it was for him to say that in the first place.

He's missed alotta games in his career due to injury. But for some really odd reason you seem to be taking what I said very personally.

Answer this question. Has anything I've said about yer boy Embiid incorrect? No it's not. That's what makes your current rant so unbelievably funny.
Grog speak slow for Wamu
Wamu seem be dumb dumb
Grog already say Jo injury guy
Wamu say why you deny Jo injury guy
Grog say Duh me say Embiid injury guy
Wamu say you mad cause I say Embiid injury guy
Grog say he mad cause Embiid injury guy not cause he no see him as injury guy.
Grog watch all of Jo career. Jo injure a lot
Grog have eyes.
Eyes help Grog see
Grog have nice life
Grog watch Embiid on bigTV HD
Embiid very big man
Tall as wooly mammoth
Watch game and easy see on HD TV no 21 on the court

Maybe Wamu understand Grog this time. Wamu sell out and front run all time Celtics
(Maybe Wamu change name to Womanish)
But Wamu still from Cleveland
Wamu still Cleveland dumb
A2C58E9A-FC56-4BDA-BCE7-6D44CDDC047C.gif

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guy!

In response to a post accusing Cavs fans of excuse making you double down with excuse making.

Good sir, I’ve been served.
View attachment 317334
I mean, he could simply say the Cavs were a very young team and far exceeded expectations and it would be an accurate statement.

you - I don't make excuses for my teams
also you - Embiid getting hit up 2-1 caused him to suck and we lost the series.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait … what?

You said no star players would ever play in NY cause of the Dolans, and looks like they will be around for a very long time .

You posted you cannot win a ring without a star player

Now, you confidently post the Knicks will win before the cavs?

Yes.

Because the Knicks will eventually win when Dolan sells the team.

The Cavs will never win.

Eventually comes before never.

Never is an exaggeration, but yeah. Betting the Knicks title is in the distant future. We may not even be alive to see it.

But before Cleveland.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah...you kind of did.
You see it that way because you can’t concede a point. It takes two to tango. If I don’t eventually bail, this stupid disagreement will go on over weeks and months. You’re wrong. The receipts are on this board. Go get ‘em. The day Embiid gets officially ruled out with a broken orbital I bitched. But once the series ends and the Sixers lost I’m immediately talking about a lack of toughness and a lack of defense and an incomplete roster. Have fun. You’ll be able to manipulate a bunch of my posts. I’ll give ya some hints. There are a ton of my posts fucking with bks before the series saying “series over” before it started playing up his Heat get no credit stuff. You are very good at twisting shit. I’m interested to see what you come up with.