• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong, I would be thrilled to have KAT gone. However he has never been higher than a 7 seed, so 4-12 is about right for playoff record. I would say his playoff record is about the expected based on who they played.

I honestly dont think Wolves can correct any issue before Ant wants out. Wolves have no future and their star isnt going to hang around like KG did.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what @WiggyRuss thinks of both the Heat and the Lakers being in then Conference Finals?
Did you honestly ever think thet the fibal four would be the Lakers/Nuggets and Celtics/Heat?? Seriously?

I'm praying for a Lakers/Celtics Final.

That will take me back some forty years to the days of Bird and Magic. Holy shit, my son was four months old.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The tanking was good for Philly.

It was all the moves after the tanking was over.

We said on here that their window was closed/closing when they made the Simmons/Harden trade.

Harden and Maxey just played well enough to tease people into thinking they had a chance.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what @WiggyRuss thinks of both the Heat and the Lakers being in then Conference Finals?
Comedy Hang Yourself GIF by LLIMOO

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tanking was good for Philly.

It was all the moves after the tanking was over.

We said on here that their window was closed/closing when they made the Simmons/Harden trade.

Harden and Maxey just played well enough to tease people into thinking they had a chance.
The concept is sound. Almost from the start the Sixers execution was absolutely horrible. I’ve been through it all before and don’t want to live through it again. I’ll just post some low lights:
1. Ben Simmons over Jimmy Butler in summer of 2019
2. Mikal Bridges trade - ultimately became the bad Tobias Harris contract
3. Hiring Morey and his blinders he had for James Harden during the Ben Simmons trade saga
4. The Sixers had two number one overall picks in Simmons and Fultz and neither are still with the franchise.

The Process was incredibly mismanaged. The only prize was Embiid who at this point you have to question if he’s a championship caliber player.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The concept is sound. Almost from the start the Sixers execution was absolutely horrible. I’ve been through it all before and don’t want to live through it again. I’ll just post some low lights:
1. Ben Simmons over Jimmy Butler in summer of 2019
2. Mikal Bridges trade - ultimately became the bad Tobias Harris contract
3. Hiring Morey and his blinders he had for James Harden during the Ben Simmons trade saga
4. The Sixers had two number one overall picks in Simmons and Fultz and neither are still with the franchise.

The Process was incredibly mismanaged. The only prize was Embiid who at this point you have to question if he’s a championship caliber player.
Coming out of the summer of 2019 the Sixers should have had Embiid Butler Bridges and whatever you can get out of Ben Simmons trade in 2019 when Simmons was 2018 ROTY and a first time all Star in 2019.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found some @WiggyRuss amazing posts from 2019 after the heat acquired butler. Great stuff here

in the grand scheme of things the Heat just traded Whiteside, a first round pick and Josh Richardson, and had to take on Meyers Leonards crap contract that the Blazers have been trying to get rid of for years, for the right to pay Jimmy Butler, who will be 30 on opening night, 4 years 142 million dollars

that is fucking awful. lol

most players dont perform well at that age---- and Jimmy Butler has more miles on him than the average player. LEBron is a freak and a rare exception to the rule, but the vast majority of guys definitely start taking a step back AND becoming more injury prone.

Butler is gonna love his no-Florida-income tax, and the clubs and be a major pain in the ass for Spo.

i mean it brought you "the Great Jimmy Butler" right?

I said the heat should have done. I said multiple times as soon as they signed Butler they were pot committed and had to go for it or there was no point to signing a 30 year butler with a bunch of thibs miles on him

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you honestly ever think thet the fibal four would be the Lakers/Nuggets and Celtics/Heat?? Seriously?

I'm praying for a Lakers/Celtics Final.

That will take me back some forty years to the days of Bird and Magic. Holy shit, my son was four months old.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They played twice much more recently lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found some @WiggyRuss amazing posts from 2019 after the heat acquired butler. Great stuff here

And that, boys and girls, is why allowing your personal bias against a team/player to determine your assessments of them, is a bad idea.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that, boys and girls, is why allowing your personal bias against a team/player to determine your assessments of them, is a bad idea.
Nba finals appearance and 3 conference finals appearance in his 4 years here.

Just fucking awful as @WiggyRuss would say