• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

Batman

Hoopla Cash
$ 980.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When "My bad", just doesn't seem stong enough.

They’re never going to give Embiid that award.

He’s not going to win MVP because NBA media hates him.

They’re never giving it to Embiid.

They’re never giving him that award.

The King of the 2nd Team All NBA is never getting voted MVP.

to win an award I will never really believe they’ll give him.

They’re never giving him an MVP.

Write it down. They aren’t giving Joel Embiid the MVP.

Fuck this MVP shit

They’re never giving him an MVP anyway.

they're never giving an Embiid an MVP anyway

He is never going to win MVP.

He’s never getting one. They hate the dude.

He’s never getting voted MVP.

You can write it in with ink.

Not only are they never going to give him MVP, they won’t even put him on 1st team NBA.

You guys are gonna call me a conspiracy theorist but I don’t care. Embiid is never winning any award that is dependent on the media picking it.

NBA media will never give this man the credit he has earned.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And kudos to you for taking the joke.

I don't post much in this thread but I read it daily. You guys post good stuff.
Ha! I can’t fuck with people the way I do and then not give credit when it comes back around on me. Just wouldn’t be right.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean…

Either they were both “fraudulent” or neither were.

It is time to stop talking about those seasons in that way. Both champs earned their titles. Both seasons had extenuating circumstances that made them difficult.

That is it.
I remember Phil Jackson throwing shade on the Spurs first title in 1999 because it was a strike shortened season

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he’s got another season I would say but is Bud a step up from Bickerstaff? No clue but Bud had the most talented roster in the NBA
I can see thinking he might be but I tend to agree he's not. Obviously had the one terrific season but other than that one it seems he has a lot of underachieving teams.

I think we'd need to at least not go a step further as we have every season under JB for him to be let go. Or I guess maybe a really bad start could do it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs issue is roster construction not coaching imo
as far as how the season ended I would agree.....though I wouldn't put too much shade on the FO as never expected Love to fall off the map nor Rubio to be such a disaster. Maybe could have done something at the deadline but not sure any of the players moved who we could have acquired was sure to help considering the cost.

Need to add a shooter and a solid backup big (if he can shoot even better).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure. Let’s not forget that Bud won an NBA title and twice had his squad with the best record in the league. He shouldn’t get banged (that’s what she said) because his front office provided good roster construction. The biggest thing he did for them was his design of a defensive system. Brook Lopez is a much better player now than when Bud got there. You can also say that about Grayson Allen and Connaghton. For me, Bud gave them a defensive identity. In full disclosure, I haven’t been very impressed with Bickerstaff at all. I think injuries are an excuse you guys granted him last year for the collapse of the Cavs post All Star break when they lost like 2/3 of the games they played. Injuries can impact that but if he’s a top coach he gets them to a .500 string or close instead of .333 ball. Additionally, you’ve seen him in 7 playoff atmosphere style contests when you consider the two play in home games last year plus the Knicks series. He’s 1-6 in those games. He’s 1-4 at home in those games. Maybe the timing is off. Maybe Bud isn’t the guy for the Cavs. Both things can be true. But what also can be true is that Bickerstaff is not likely to be the coach that takes the Cavs to the level Cavs fans want. I agree though that Bud may not be worth diverting from a plan that intends to give Bickerstaff one more time. He’s not Spo or Pop or Larry Brown or anybody like that.
I mean, if you credit Bud for their D shouldn't the same credit be given to JB who did it with much younger players? Overall their D was elite and net rating also in top 2-3.

Injuries just an excuse last year? They were a top 2-3 seed before Allen went down for a couple months (team was so much better when he was on court vs. off). Never mind had already lost sexton and Rubio for the season. To double their win total after all that was kind of impressive IMO.

All this said, sure, if they have someone they are confident is better than go get him. I wouldn't be fooled by name **** though.