• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He’s not wrong. If they don’t do shit to the players that start shit why would it ever stop?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He’s not wrong. If they don’t do shit to the players that start shit why would it ever stop?
I cannot comment on the Embiid/Philly incident as I didn't see it but thought they did do something to Sabonis. He got a flagrant for his actions, didn't he? What one should get for grabbing an ankle. Doesn't mean it's OK to stomp someone's chest.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot comment on the Embiid/Philly incident as I didn't see it but thought they did do something to Sabonis. He got a flagrant for his actions, didn't he? What one should get for grabbing an ankle. Doesn't mean it's OK to stomp someone's chest.
They should get what the other player gets.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should get what the other player gets.
That makes no sense. Maybe if they do the same thing, sure, but they didn't.

One guy smacks a guy in the head for a flagrant (which happens a lot) and the recipient gets upset and punches him in the face then chokes him leaving him unconscious.... they should get the same punishment?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One guy smacks a guy in the head for a flagrant (which happens a lot) and the recipient gets upset and punches him in the face then chokes him leaving him unconscious.... they should get the same punishment?
Im with you. Imagine this in real life. I push a guy and he takes his gun and shoot me a few times. We both go to jail for attempted murder?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im with you. Imagine this in real life. I push a guy and he takes his gun and shoot me a few times. We both go to jail for attempted murder?
Well that’s a shit analogy. You’re a Heat fan. You know what I’m talking about. The lesser team goons it up. It’s what James Johnson did to Ben Simmons in that series back in 2016 I think. You send out slop to go and fuck with a star and bait him into something that gets the star sanctioned. Talking about murder and shit like that’s comparable.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is it a fluke trash role player like Claxton fucking with a star to try and level the playing field because his team is ass? Did the players coach essentially tell his team to go do that shit and was dumb enough to have the media get a hold of his comments?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sprewell likes this.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it a fluke trash role player like Claxton fucking with a star to try and level the playing field because his team is ass? Did the players coach essentially tell his team to go do that shit and was dumb enough to have the media get a hold of his comments?
Does it matter? Getting in a guy's face, chestbumping him and/or maybe giving him a light push does not warrant a punch in the face and to be strangled to unconsciousness. I get this is not what Embiid did but to say both parties deserve the same punishment is absurd if they committed 2 different acts.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it matter? Getting in a guy's face, chestbumping him and/or maybe giving him a light push does not warrant a punch in the face and to be strangled to unconsciousness. I get this is not what Embiid did but to say both parties deserve the same punishment is absurd if they committed 2 different acts.
This man is responsible for the bull shit because his team is ass and they can’t compete.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This man is responsible for the bull shit because his team is ass and they can’t compete.

Cool....but still absurd to think the retaliator should get the same punishment as a guy who started something if the retaliator did something so much worse.

Once again my comments don't apply to what happened in Philly as I didn't see it. Just in general.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell has been ass in the playoffs......same as his career.

Something they need to think about.....

As much as I like Darvin Ham...I wonder if the Lakers would at least kick the tires on Nick Nurse? Don't know what their chances would be as there will be a lot of teams who will be doing the same.

Seems like it would almost be malpractice not to due to Ham's inexperience. But I also think Ham is going to end up being really good. So they may not want to risk pissing him off.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,735.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I like Darvin Ham...I wonder if the Lakers would at least kick the tires on Nick Nurse? Don't know what their chances would be as there will be a lot of teams who will be doing the same.

Seems like it would almost be malpractice not to due to Ham's inexperience. But I also think Ham is going to end up being really good. So they may not want to risk pissing him off.
I was just thinking this earlier when I heard the Raps fired him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't start none, won't be none...beeeyotch. lol
I guess cannot hurt to ask....maybe a little overrated? I mean, I would have liked my chances with Casey (or whoever coached those teams) had you added Kawhi to his teams and no Lebron in the East.....especially if the GS stars went down in the Finals.