• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gave a very detailed answer on why he lost it.

Was not just about that single play.

Did not make excuses for the loss either.

Respect.

They knew that that was a mistake. Here’s my frustration with that – When there’s a dead ball like that, the officials kinda have discretion on how quickly to inbound the ball.

Players in the league – (Draymond) Green was the inbounder there – have figured that out and they go over there and they compel the official basically like, ‘Gimme the ball, gimme the ball.’ And with some players in the NBA – clearly Green being one of them – they just throw the ball in.

There’s three officials on the court. Jalen (Williams) is at the scorer’s table. I checked him in possessions before to get him in for defensive possessions. They inbound the ball so fast, that none of them even recognized that there’s a sub, which is the equivalent of an umpire walking a guy on three pitches.

Now, I have to call a timeout to get the sub in. They scored on the ensuing possession. I was getting one of our better defenders in the game and I get a technical, so that oversight by them cost us three points and a timeout.

Earlier in the game – 5:57 third quarter – there’s an out-of-bounds on Golden State. Lu Dort’s the inbounder, same official; Lu Dort’s begging for the ball – doesn’t give it to him. Same situation. That’s why I lost my mind because that was in front of our bench.

That to me is something that we feel regularly as the youngest team in the league. But that one – for a sub to be up and for the ball to be inbounded so quickly that they don’t see the sub, I was beside myself on that obviously.

But with that being said, credit to Golden State – it’s not why we lost the game. It was a one-possession game at the time. They closed better than we did. It had nothing to do with the outcome but that’s where the frustration comes from.”

I know I’m biased but everything I have seen out of this guy tells me he is going to be a big time coach.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He then went on to say Miami stink but the 40-40 raptors doesn't? He hated Miami since 2010 and his comments yearly on them confirms this. Nice reminder of why i usually avoid the pregame and postgame shows on espn/tnt

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Nuggets are going to mail it in against the Suns tonight, all starters listed questionable

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't have intentions of making the finals then i agree with you
If they don’t make the finals it will have nothing to do with sitting guys for the last few regular season games.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't have intentions of making the finals then i agree with you
Many of you are under-rating this Nuggets team because they coasted down the stretch. Remember this team swept the Warriors 3-0, and gave the Warriors 2 of their 8 home losses.

The Nuggets just defeated the full-strength Celtics & Bucks convincingly, and took 2 of 3 against the full-strength Grizzlies. They also won in Sacramento, and swept the Cavs and Clippers.

The Nuggets are a Top 3 team when games matter. They will be healthy, rested, and will not be coasting in the playoffs, Don't bet against them.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many of you are under-rating this Nuggets team because they coasted down the stretch. Remember this team swept the Warriors 3-0, and gave the Warriors 2 of their 8 home losses.

The Nuggets just defeated the full-strength Celtics & Bucks convincingly, and took 2 of 3 against the full-strength Grizzlies. They also won in Sacramento, and swept the Cavs and Clippers.

The Nuggets are a Top 3 team when games matter. They will be healthy, rested, and will not be coasting in the playoffs, Don't bet against them.
They’re a top 4 team but you’re going to find out that the playoffs are different. They have 3 defensive liabilities in their regular group in Jokic, Murray, and MPJ. The offense has multiple options to find a great matchup to exploit in their half court. The super efficient regular season offense won’t be as exceptional vs the intensity and familiarly of a playoff series.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they don’t make the finals it will have nothing to do with sitting guys for the last few regular season games.
I know but im saying home court advantage matters. You should at least try to finish with a better record than philly for a possible finals matchup

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Until they make a conference finals No one that knows basketball is going to give them much credit.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know but im saying home court advantage matters. You should at least try to finish with a better record than philly for a possible finals matchup
I don’t think the Sixers will be there with a road that would entail Boston w/home court then Bucks w/home court. It doesn’t matter if they get home court vs Philly anyway. Sixers match up great against them. As a Philly fan, I’d rather see Denver then nearly every other possibility from the West because of the way Philly matches up.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I don’t remember what you’re talking about
2. You are proud of an alignment with a hot take guy on an issue?
Remember when i said jokic started tanking to give embiid the mvp? He didn't go that far but he basically said Jokic stopped prioritizing the mvp after all the crazy talk

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when i said jokic started tanking to give embiid the mvp? He didn't go that far but he basically said Jokic stopped prioritizing the mvp after all the crazy talk
SAS …. I rest my case. The narrative the past two years he won it was that he didn’t care about the MVP either. People are just finding a way to throw fire on shit. It is what it is. This has been a toss up for 3 seasons and the guy who lost the first two is finally gonna win one.