• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
spongebob-squarepants-my-eyes.gif

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never seen Daigneault that upset, glad he has it in him for when it matters lol
He gave a very detailed answer on why he lost it.

Was not just about that single play.

Did not make excuses for the loss either.

Respect.

They knew that that was a mistake. Here’s my frustration with that – When there’s a dead ball like that, the officials kinda have discretion on how quickly to inbound the ball.

Players in the league – (Draymond) Green was the inbounder there – have figured that out and they go over there and they compel the official basically like, ‘Gimme the ball, gimme the ball.’ And with some players in the NBA – clearly Green being one of them – they just throw the ball in.

There’s three officials on the court. Jalen (Williams) is at the scorer’s table. I checked him in possessions before to get him in for defensive possessions. They inbound the ball so fast, that none of them even recognized that there’s a sub, which is the equivalent of an umpire walking a guy on three pitches.

Now, I have to call a timeout to get the sub in. They scored on the ensuing possession. I was getting one of our better defenders in the game and I get a technical, so that oversight by them cost us three points and a timeout.

Earlier in the game – 5:57 third quarter – there’s an out-of-bounds on Golden State. Lu Dort’s the inbounder, same official; Lu Dort’s begging for the ball – doesn’t give it to him. Same situation. That’s why I lost my mind because that was in front of our bench.

That to me is something that we feel regularly as the youngest team in the league. But that one – for a sub to be up and for the ball to be inbounded so quickly that they don’t see the sub, I was beside myself on that obviously.

But with that being said, credit to Golden State – it’s not why we lost the game. It was a one-possession game at the time. They closed better than we did. It had nothing to do with the outcome but that’s where the frustration comes from.”