• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's at 63 games with 5 games left. He's going to play at least 2 of the final 5
You have to understand what Denver is. It’s a shitty sports town. They aren’t built like we are when it comes to sports fandom. Do you know these shmucks have accepted the local broadcasts of Nuggets and Avalanche games being unavailable for half of their market for the last 4 years because of a cable dispute? Can you imagine that going on around us without people rioting? I can’t. These people are the epitome of casuals. Listen to this stupid mother fucker trying to preach that kicked balls is an impressive defensive stat and not a reflection of a lazy slow defender who can’t move.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to understand what Denver is. It’s a shitty sports town. They aren’t built like we are when it comes to sports fandom. Do you know these shmucks have accepted the local broadcasts of Nuggets and Avalanche games being unavailable for half of their market for the last 4 years because of a cable dispute? Can you imagine that going on around us without people rioting? I can’t. These people are the epitome of casuals. Listen to this stupid mother fucker trying to preach that kicked balls is an impressive defensive stat and not a reflection of a lazy slow defender who can’t move.

Last I checked your city lost 3 championships in the same year. Meanwhile, the Avs won a title last year.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I checked your city lost 3 championships in the same year. Meanwhile, the Avs won a title last year.
What does that have to do with Denver being a shitty sports town? All that says is that the Avalanche are good.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m pretty sure that you’re a front running casual. If you weren’t you would know the full context. A hot topic in the NBA has been the growth of load management over the last few years pertaining to a good many players, especially stars who sell seats. It started with Pop and the Spurs and it has grown over time. Adam Silver has a press conference at the All Star weekend every year and this year the big story coming out of that revolves around load management. That’s what this is about. It’s not a response to Joel Embiid. If you were a real NBA fan and not a casual who is front running a Nuggets franchise with no rings who just recently became relevant you’d know these things.

Yep, and all that load management sure has helped Embiid’s playoff career. When’s the last time he even went to a conference finals? At least Joker can say he’s been to one.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So 2/7, meanwhile Jokic has done that all 8 years he’s played.
It’s easy to avoid injury when you’re unathletic, fat, and slow and can’t play a high impact style of game. The man can’t even jump. No wonder he has no problem staying healthy.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, and all that load management sure has helped Embiid’s playoff career. When’s the last time he even went to a conference finals? At least Joker can say he’s been to one.
1. Jamal Murray dropping 40 and 50 pieces in the bubble is the extent of Joker’s playoff success.
2. You’re right. Embiid’s load management hasn’t kept his teammate Markelle Fultz from inadvertently breaking his nose before the playoffs. It didn’t keep him from straining his MCL in Game 3 of the playoff series with Wizards. It didn’t keep Pascal Siakam from elbowing him and breaking his face in game 5 of the Toronto series.

Joel Embiid is a +275 in the playoffs. Joker is -30 in the playoffs. Why? Because one man is a two way player and the other man is a liability at the defensive end of the floor. I know you just got here so I’ll help you out. The playoffs reward two way play and magnify the warts of one way players like Nikola Jokic.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s run it back! When Jokic wins MVP again and they’re home in round 1 getting upset by the 8 seed because Jokic yet again is victimized defensively, we can all go to Borat’s village to present the MVP award because the traditional 2nd round home game won’t be a thing for the second year in a row.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did it

Oh My God Wow GIF by 9Now

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s run it back! When Jokic wins MVP again and they’re home in round 1 getting upset by the 8 seed because Jokic yet again is victimized defensively, we can all go to Borat’s village to present the MVP award because the traditional 2nd round home game won’t be a thing for the second year in a row.

1680360663109.jpeg