• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, can the Hornets players stop getting arrested at the worst possible time?

First Bridges completely fucked his bag up on free agency Eve, now Bouknight goes to the clank on the Eve of the Season.

Jordan running a fucking preschool for wayward children.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does the NBA care to keep talented performers in small markets? That limits the potential economic growth for the league.

The NFL does just fine

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$20M that is a lot for a nutcase and 86 games the last two seasons. He is still only 21 it just all depends on if he can stay right. 3rd or 4th option on a playoff team eventually, possibly
Yeah, that's a lot of money to give to someone hat young, with that many emotional issues.

I'm not even joking, he needs a life coach/babysitter.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL does just fine
That’s a sport with a 52 man roster. That’s also a league with limited guaranteed contracts. Apples to oranges comparison. The league benefits when the stars play in LA Miami NY Chicago etc…

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s a sport with a 52 man roster. That’s also a league with limited guaranteed contracts. Apples to oranges comparison. The league benefits when the stars play in LA Miami NY Chicago etc…

The league doesn't benefit if stars play in Philly though. I mean how you doing? :heh:

And WTF is N.D. doing playing UNLV? Man the Rebels better be getting a nice check for this upcoming ass kicking.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really excited for the start of this season.
I am expecting the Raptors to again surprise "the experts"

This will be a gritty tough team to play against

Im expecting Pascal to prove his 2nd all NBA berth last year and breakout campaigns from Precious and Trent JR

Also see what kind of 2nd year Scottie has in store.

This team has a lot of depth

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like the kid a lot. It’s a shame but he could never knock down shots when injuries and stuff would give him a shot. He has the potential if you guys have the patience. He could be a solid 3 and D guy off the bench. Sixers just didn’t have the minutes to offer him. Hopefully he finds a niche with you guys.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like the kid a lot. It’s a shame but he could never knock down shots when injuries and stuff would give him a shot. He has the potential if you guys have the patience. He could be a solid 3 and D guy off the bench. Sixers just didn’t have the minutes to offer him. Hopefully he finds a niche with you guys.

It’s going to be tough for him to get playing time here as well, but he will get a bit of a shot.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league doesn't benefit if stars play in Philly though. I mean how you doing? :heh:

And WTF is N.D. doing playing UNLV? Man the Rebels better be getting a nice check for this upcoming ass kicking.
Ha! The Irish need an auto win. Holy shit! Drew Pyne is garbage as a QB. But I’m not letting the Irish cloud my current sports run with the Phillies and Eagles and soon to be Sixers. Honestly, for decades, Philadelphia has mostly been all college basketball over pro basketball. The Philly Big 5 is what my parents were raised on. That started to fade with Nova’s national title in ‘85. They used that to turn their nose up at St Joe LaSalle Penn and Temple and the importance of the city series started to fade over time. The big development in fan support and success came with A.I. in the late 90s and 2000s. He made the Sixers must see TV. When I was in grade school you could walk right up to the box office and find seats all over the lower bowl of the arena. The Sixers should be but have never been a FA destination.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s going to be tough for him to get playing time here as well, but he will get a bit of a shot.
Similar story on Charles Bassey ( @The Q is a big fan). He’s a 5 that had his role stolen from him with the Montrezell Harrell signing. I actually like Bassey more than I like Joe. Bassey is going to be a very solid back up Big at a minimum but could be a starter as a screener and rim protector on a guard or wing heavy team. Sixers needed to get better but some of these development projects were sacrificed as they retooled this summer.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what the Griz are going to do with Brooks, long-term.

They paid Ja, Adams, Jackson and Clarke.

Gonna take a pretty penny to lock up Bane.

Where does that leave Brooks?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha! The Irish need an auto win. Holy shit! Drew Pyne is garbage as a QB. But I’m not letting the Irish cloud my current sports run with the Phillies and Eagles and soon to be Sixers. Honestly, for decades, Philadelphia has mostly been all college basketball over pro basketball. The Philly Big 5 is what my parents were raised on. That started to fade with Nova’s national title in ‘85. They used that to turn their nose up at St Joe LaSalle Penn and Temple and the importance of the city series started to fade over time. The big development in fan support and success came with A.I. in the late 90s and 2000s. He made the Sixers must see TV. When I was in grade school you could walk right up to the box office and find seats all over the lower bowl of the arena. The Sixers should be but have never been a FA destination.

Hopefully an easy W will right some things with the Irish. And the NLCS. Go Phillies!

Speaking of the Philly Big 5 you remember LaSalle's Lionel Simmons?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully an easy W will right some things with the Irish. And the NLCS. Go Phillies!

Speaking of the Philly Big 5 you remember LaSalle's Lionel Simmons?
Yep. L Train was a great player. He played when I was in grade school.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are expecting 18 year old kids who have been told they're great their entire life to make the best decisions. It just isn't going to happen.

What I think should be a rule is you have to be rated top 50 to go out of HS by a panel of ten or something. And like I said I'm a firm believer in 2 years if they go to college. But I know it won't happen.

It's a shame too. Because again all waiting does is allow that kid to mature another year and leaves a spot in the league where maybe a guy gets a pension because he got one more year

I'm sure most of us at 18 would be less than ideal with our purchasing decisions. And then half these kids are then out of the league before they can buy a beer.

Most top 50 players don’t sniff the NBA.

Think it would have to be top 10.

And realistically, it is only the top 3-4 that should even consider it.