• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this the latest you saw @The Q ?

Because, he’s a stupid piece of shit, if this is the way of it.

A bit more detail on the incident, per the police timeline: Harris was visiting Tuscaloosa, home of the University of Alabama, with her boyfriend, whose cousin is a student at the school. According to her mother, Harris and the two men were waiting for food outside a club when a man named Michael Lynn Davis began dancing next to their car, trying to get Harris’s attention. A confrontation ensued. Davis’s friend Darius Miles, who plays on Alabama’s basketball team and was with Davis, claims he saw a gun in Harris’s car. That’s when he texted Miller, his teammate and one of the best college basketball players in the country (he’s expected to be a lottery pick in this June’s NBA Draft), requesting Miller bring over his gun. Miller did so — his lawyers claim he was already on his way to pick up Miles and Davis, did not see Miles’s message, and did not know the gun was in the car, though the timeline is obviously very much in question — and, two minutes after Miller arrived, Davis began shooting into Harris’s vehicle, killing her. Miller’s windshield was shattered in the crossfire as he ducked down in the driver’s seat.

Miles was summarily dismissed from the basketball team — no big loss for Alabama, since he was a bench player who averages only 1.5 points per game. He has since been charged with capital murder. Miller, on the other hand, scored 30 points in a win over Vanderbilt roughly 50 hours after Harris’s death. It wasn’t until a month later, when police released witness pretrial testimony, that his role in the alleged crime came to light. And that’s when everyone involved — the university, the athletic department, the coach, the NCAA — lost their humanity.
Pretty crazy the cops just dismissed him from the start he was apart of this.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A bit more detail on the incident, per the police timeline: Harris was visiting Tuscaloosa, home of the University of Alabama, with her boyfriend, whose cousin is a student at the school. According to her mother, Harris and the two men were waiting for food outside a club when a man named Michael Lynn Davis began dancing next to their car, trying to get Harris’s attention. A confrontation ensued. Davis’s friend Darius Miles, who plays on Alabama’s basketball team and was with Davis, claims he saw a gun in Harris’s car. That’s when he texted Miller, his teammate and one of the best college basketball players in the country (he’s expected to be a lottery pick in this June’s NBA Draft), requesting Miller bring over his gun. Miller did so — his lawyers claim he was already on his way to pick up Miles and Davis, did not see Miles’s message, and did not know the gun was in the car, though the timeline is obviously very much in question — and, two minutes after Miller arrived, Davis began shooting into Harris’s vehicle, killing her. Miller’s windshield was shattered in the crossfire as he ducked down in the driver’s seat.

Miles was summarily dismissed from the basketball team — no big loss for Alabama, since he was a bench player who averages only 1.5 points per game. He has since been charged with capital murder. Miller, on the other hand, scored 30 points in a win over Vanderbilt roughly 50 hours after Harris’s death. It wasn’t until a month later, when police released witness pretrial testimony, that his role in the alleged crime came to light. And that’s when everyone involved — the university, the athletic department, the coach, the NCAA — lost their humanity.

Exactly. Miller should not be playing. He gets to play through shit like this while wins get stripped from programs over grades.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't watch Scoot at all and Miller is getting a ton of coverage so hard to say. If Bama goes far or wins the tourney Miller could likely jump to 2 but as of right now I still have Scoot at 2. Miller probably right there at 2b. Dude is freaking 6'9" and can do everything on the court. Off the court a concern but I'm sure teams will take the chance. Depends on need I guess.
No way the Hornets nor Rox pass on him.

But, look who they already employ.

KPJ has a mental defect.

If you have to layer his contract with those kinds of protections, giving him 20 mil per is probably not a great idea.

Miles Bridges girl is a fucking MENACE.

Still doesn’t justify beating her ass.

Maybe check her mentality pre impregnating her, multiple times?

Now he’s stuck with the bitch for another decade and a half.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing I've been curious on was it even a gun Miller legally owned?

You have to be 21 to purchase a handgun in Bama.
I am the PRO-est 2nd amendment Kinda girl.

Some may even label me a gun nut….

…..and it would be a fair statement.

But, there has to be a line.

Why the fuck would someone who you think is your friend, leave evidence, that they asked you to provide them with a weapon…..AND WHY WOULD YOU DO IT?

He saw a gun.

The wise course of action is to LEAVE.

Not call a friend to bring a strap.

This was totally preventable.

There has to be a fucking line, man.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn’t his gun.
So, you are buying the whole “ didn’t see the text, didn’t know a gun was in the car” bullshit?

Because, his friend knew it was there.

So much so that he REQUESTED him to bring it after he saw one in the other vehicle.

We have to be honest here.

Had he been a scrub like the shooter, he’d be in handcuffs or not playing at the very least.

This is disgusting and SHAMEFUL.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you are buying the whole “ didn’t see the text, didn’t know a gun was in the car” bullshit?

So much so that he REQUESTED him to bring it after he saw one in the other vehicle.

Had he been a scrub like the shooter, he’d be in handcuffs or not playing at the very least.

No. I’m stating the fact that it wasn’t his gun based on the post about how you need to be 21 to buy one.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alabama is going to be fun to root against

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and that's an update how, lol? He hasn't even been re-evalutated yet (not for another 10 days or so).

Yeah, I heard one report the other day where they said he would be re-evaluated on the 19th and another that said the 23rd.

Read something this morning (I think from Shams) that put it closer to the 23rd. The report also said that his foot feels much better and he was shooting free throws yesterday.

I'm betting he comes back with about 5 or so games left.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m just waiting this out for the full story to come out

If he’s not a suspect then why is he sitting?

If the cops are covering it up, it’ll come out and everyone will get dealt with.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still not getting it....the #1 doesn't have to be a wing. Pippen's Batman was Jordan. Odom's was Kobe. Etc.

My question is simply who was the best wing ever who wasn't a #1 alpha type.

I mean Jordan was a wing too. He was 6-6

Him and pipp is very much like PG and kawhi

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like he’s looking for Eddie Jones types.

I loved Eddie Jones

Lakers traded him at basically just the right time

It’s Shame they screwed up the dominos after that….a shame i tell you….