• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, Ffs…..they can score.

Probably not a compliment in your opinion.

But, Sabonis really does have a bit of Jokic, or maybe just his dad, in him.

Dude can pass the rock and he’s aggressive on offense.

….and Red Velvet hit so many shots, they couldn’t get Monk any more minutes.
I like them a lot as an offensive unit and when you look at their arc, they’re just scratching the surface. To be playoff successful though, they need to add more 2 way players. Half court efficiency tends to drop in the playoffs when teams ramp up a commitment to defense and transition opportunities are reduced. Not sure they have the ability to find a different gear to their defense.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like them a lot as an offensive unit and when you look at their arc, they’re just scratching the surface. To be playoff successful though, they need to add more 2 way players. Half court efficiency tends to drop in the playoffs when teams ramp up a commitment to defense and transition opportunities are reduced. Not sure they have the ability to find a different gear to their defense.
….which is why nobody is afraid to play them.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep trying to like the Suns.

It isn’t working well.

As long as Kyler Murray remains a petulant pussy, no hope for the Cardinals either.

For me it was indoctrination since birth lol. However, I caught the Rams on TV as a kid in their '79/'80 Super Bowl run and became a fan. Weird for a Western NY kid to love all LA teams, but so be it lol. My dad was a Dodgers fan, but there was a that Brooklyn link. Becoming a Lakers fan was all about Magic (same time period as becoming a Rams fan).

Buffalo teams I can handle rooting for (Sabres whenever I give a shit about the NHL lol), but NYC teams can go to hell. We get force fed those teams via the local media and all bandwagoners are Yankees fans (and Bulls/Cowboys lol).

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
….which is why nobody is afraid to play them.
Depending upon JA’s stuff, I can see the West this year being funky and a veritable blood bath with lower seeds rising up and upsetting some of these higher seeds. Nuggets, Kings, Grizz (minus JA) all look vulnerable. Teams like the Lakers Suns and Clippers are built for playoffs in their construction. Then you have a group like the Mavs who have shown they can have playoff success lurking down there as well. West is wide open.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it was indoctrination since birth lol. However, I caught the Rams on TV as a kid in their '79/'80 Super Bowl run and became a fan. Weird for a Western NY kid to love all LA teams, but so be it lol. My dad was a Dodgers fan, but there was a that Brooklyn link. Becoming a Lakers fan was all about Magic (same time period as becoming a Rams fan).

Similar. I was supposed to be a Suns fan. A couple of my Aunts had season tickets together and when I was 8, they took me to my first game.

Problem was, the game was against the Lakers...I saw Wilt, The Logo, etc. come out and they were my team from that moment on. By the end of the game, Gail Goodrich was my favorite player. lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending upon JA’s stuff, I can see the West this year being funky and a veritable blood bath with lower seeds rising up and upsetting some of these higher seeds. Nuggets, Kings, Grizz (minus JA) all look vulnerable. Teams like the Lakers Suns and Clippers are built for playoffs in their construction. Then you have a group like the Mavs who have shown they can have playoff success lurking down there as well. West is wide open.

Yeah, the West playoffs look like they will be crazy this year.

I don't think the Lakers will come out of the West, even if they get the 6 seed...but if there was a season I could see a 6 seed or lower making it...it's this one.

Warriors could do it too if they can get their road defense figured out.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think the Lakers will come out of the West, even if they get the 6 seed...but if there was a season I could see a 6 seed or lower making it...it's this one.

Jesus Christ…I listed a bunch of teams but overlooked the defending champs. Agree 110% they should be included with my teams I said are built for playoffs.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s become toxic. It’s one thing for me to fuck around saying shit like Perk said when it’s just like 20 (maybe less) of us but when the national discussion turns to race with this stuff it’s gone too far. The next thing I’m gonna say im also guilty of: in order to prop up a player part of it has become running down another player when you get into that back and forth. Joker Giannis Embiid are all great players and deserve the recognition. NBA is lucky to have these great players. Giannis was a fucking beast last night. (I gotta be me and point out yet again one of the East’s best totally shits on one of the West’s best yet again).

Yea Perk jumped it to a level it didn't need to go.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure if this just means regular season or if it also entails playoffs.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many will disagree with me. He’s a kid. He knows he’s fucked up and he’s seeking help. For me, that’s the opposite of a dumbass. He’s taking ownership of his bull shit and trying to get it fixed. If he just took a two game team suspension and then just went back to same old same old I would tend to agree.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Fox dumb? Thats what Giannis was doing

Lyles is wrong for sure. Have to start there. But what Fox is talking about is him moving from one end of the floor to the other seemingly just to cut off Lyles. Not sure if there is earlier context between them in the game that would speak to why Lyles lost his shit.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many will disagree with me. He’s a kid. He knows he’s fucked up and he’s seeking help. For me, that’s the opposite of a dumbass. He’s taking ownership of his bull shit and trying to get it fixed. If he just took a two game team suspension and then just went back to same old same old I would tend to agree.

I'm not judging on going ham in the strip club. I'd do the same.

I am judging a guy who grew up in the burbs wanting to join in with a criminal element. He doesn't have boys from back in the day pulling him into that shit.

I also blame his dad for hamming off his sons success and not keeping him more grounded.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Warriors need Wiggins back to do……ANYTHING…this post season.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not judging on going ham in the strip club. I'd do the same.

I am judging a guy who grew up in the burbs wanting to join in with a criminal element. He doesn't have boys from back in the day pulling him into that shit.

I also blame his dad for hamming off his sons success and not keeping him more grounded.
Dude is a stage Mom.

More worried about his camera time than his Sons….career and life.

Look at MPJ little brother.

Your life can irrevocably change because of one stupid ass mistake.

JA is lucky nothing more serious transpired before his wake up call.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lyles is wrong for sure. Have to start there. But what Fox is talking about is him moving from one end of the floor to the other seemingly just to cut off Lyles. Not sure if there is earlier context between them in the game that would speak to why Lyles lost his shit.
No.

I watched the game.

Maybe Giannis was talking shit while putting him in the weight room?

Because, he ate his ass up under the rim several times to end the game.

Only thing I can think of.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,921.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you, but I don’t think we know this is voluntary