• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t even know why it works but it works haha. Bro is going to have to take 3-4 corner 3s per game in the playoffs though when people commit to playing defense.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not winning 48….

Not finishing top 6….

Not passing the Clippers….

He will get there when it’s mathematically impossible.

What he really needs to take back is that Beasley sniper shit he drizzles all over the thread.

#BabySteps

LOL, one 4 pt loss and that devalues what they've done so far? A win would've put them 1.5 behind the Clips for 5th and 1 game from 6th with 14 to go.

Beasley on the other hand needs to get back on target. Always been a streaky shooter, time to get streaky in the right direction. Thought just maybe last night when he hit one early.....but no.

Pels/Rockets/Mavs/Magic this week

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lineup change needed is obvious and i only been talking about it for 2 weeks now

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics assistant Damon Stoudamire will be the next HC @ GT.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver goes on a mini losing streak and this happens lol. If Embiid is your preference thats cool but denver mini losing streak that they will surely bounce back from should not be the reason why.

This isn't a celtics like extended slump. Prior to this streak they won 8 of 9

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver goes on a mini losing streak and this happens lol. If Embiid is your preference thats cool but denver mini losing streak that they will surely bounce back from should not be the reason why.

Jokic has to VORP better.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,921.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I started this by moving him to the top a couple weeks ago

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing against Giannis or Tatum or Jokic.

Joel Embiid has got to be the MVP right now as far as I’m concerned but I don’t get to vote on it.
Honestly, I’m still on Giannis because at the end of the day the only big difference I see in Embiid’s favor in that head to head is that Giannis has two already. That’s not a good reason. This isn’t rec league. If Embiid outplays the Bucks, out plays the Nuggets, out plays the Celtics down the stretch and even can improve to the 2 seed then I’ll be changing my mind.

The thing that pisses me off is that for the third straight year they’re going to put Embiid on 2nd team All NBA.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,780.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I’m still on Giannis because at the end of the day the only big difference I see in Embiid’s favor in that head to head is that Giannis has two already. That’s not a good reason. This isn’t rec league. If Embiid outplays the Bucks, out plays the Nuggets, out plays the Celtics down the stretch and even can improve to the 2 seed then I’ll be changing my mind.

The thing that pisses me off is that for the third straight year they’re going to put Embiid on 2nd team All NBA.
I hear you...and all that notwithstanding....but honestly, Joel has been my pick since the calendar hit January.
He's just been on another level since then. Completely rounded out his game on both ends...and as a result has his team right near the top of the conference and fighting for best overall record in the entire league.

IMHO..If he's able to stay healthy for the remainder of the regular season, and the Sixers get the 1 or 2 seed....he'll be the MVP...I have no doubt whatsoever...and it should still be his even if they stay at the 3.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, one 4 pt loss and that devalues what they've done so far? A win would've put them 1.5 behind the Clips for 5th and 1 game from 6th with 14 to go.

Beasley on the other hand needs to get back on target. Always been a streaky shooter, time to get streaky in the right direction. Thought just maybe last night when he hit one early.....but no.

Who said it devalued them?

DJ and I have a bet on every topic I listed.

Relax.

It’s great you won a few games.

It’s resulted in you moving from 13th place to 11th.

If you don’t want to see comments listing the failures, maybe tell your bandwagon mates to stop putting the cart before the horse talking about the 5th and 6th seeds, when you have yet to hit .500 for a single game this season.

Goes both ways, Boss.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They probably will put him 2nd team.

I totally get your point, and wholeheartedly agree, on that being extra shitty.

But, if they did away with positions, does he 100% make it or would he have 3 guards, Giannis and Joker?

When you remove the team record obstacle, how you gonna feel if he gets blanked for SGA, Ja etc?

Plus, are we sure Durant is disqualified for games missed?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ps. Broski

No pts for being close.

* see both Clippers 1 pt losses last week.

:sad2:

They lost.

Doesnt matter if it was by 4 pts or 40.

Me personally, I rather get blown out as opposed to losing by 1.

Shit was brutal….both times.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ps. Broski

No pts for being close.

* see both Clippers 1 pt losses last week.

:sad2:

They lost.

Doesnt matter if it was by 4 pts or 40.

Me personally, I rather get blown out as opposed to losing by 1.

Shit was brutal….both times.

I'm not Polish, lol.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Lowe stated, VORP isn’t everyone’s bag.
I just need someone to explain to me why 8 Joker assists are more valuable than 14 CP3 assists. All these things are is somebody taking stats and weighting them according to their priorities and values and then using it to create another stat. These people who do it not only aren’t basketball people, they’re not even sports people. Then you have the media who takes them like they’re gospel and it’s just ridiculous.