• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are now.

They extort the fuck out of these guys.

Started with the music industry, Chris Brown, Tekashi 69.

Now they have a new lucrative money source in athletes.

Its so fucking stupid too.

I grew up in that shit.

I moved my ass out of California to make sure my kids didn’t have to go thru what I did growing up.

JA grew up in the burbs, in a two parent household.

Somehow, he thinks that’s something to be ashamed of?

Fucking moron.
Teaching and coaching has given me the opportunity to work with all sorts of kids from all sorts of socioeconomic backgrounds. Take this with a grain of salt because it’s anecdotal evidence. I’ve observed though that African American kids who are adopted or who grow up in the suburbs attending private schools with white kids often struggle with the “blackness” of their identity. As they’re working their way through growing up it’s a struggle of expectation. They feel the weight of “being black”. This is often the case when these kids are one of only a handful of black kids in the community. They often act like they have to take on their image of what blackness is and that often manifests in what they are conditioned to through popular culture. So that’s primarily rappers, athletes, characters played on TV. They often present like they have to be “hard” or other adjectives people toss around that are just too mean for me (a white guy) to repeat.

Also…if I stepped in some shit with the way I presented this post, I apologize. It really wasn’t my intent at all. Anyway…I look at JA’s background as you described it and I really think he fits that trope of the young person I described. I can imagine that’s even more pronounced when he was coming up in AAU and the like.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teaching and coaching has given me the opportunity to work with all sorts of kids from all sorts of socioeconomic backgrounds. Take this with a grain of salt because it’s anecdotal evidence. I’ve observed though that African American kids who are adopted or who grow up in the suburbs attending private schools with white kids often struggle with the “blackness” of their identity. As they’re working their way through growing up it’s a struggle of expectation. They feel the weight of “being black”. This is often the case when these kids are one of only a handful of black kids in the community. They often act like they have to take on their image of what blackness is and that often manifests in what they are conditioned to through popular culture. So that’s primarily rappers, athletes, characters played on TV. They often present like they have to be “hard” or other adjectives people toss around that are just too mean for me (a white guy) to repeat.

Also…if I stepped in some shit with the way I presented this post, I apologize. It really wasn’t my intent at all. Anyway…I look at JA’s background as you described it and I really think he fits that trope of the young person I described. I can imagine that’s even more pronounced when he was coming up in AAU and the like.
Dude, stop being so careful.

Anyone taking issue with your phrasing, fuck em.

You aren’t a racist, you aren’t overstepping.

With that being said, I have biracial kids, one being adopted.

They get the most shit from other black people.

Luckily, they have not felt the need to overcompensate.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forget who it was, maybe Michael Irvin, whose son wanted to bea rapper and was trying to do some kibnd of gangsta rap and he told his son..."Fool, what are you talking about? You went to a private school." lol
Deion Sanders…lol

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Living in AZ, I usually don’t pay much attention to the time change.

So, did not even realize I was missing the begging of the Mavs vs Griz.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,889.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat doing the Lord’s work for the Thunder and Lakers.
Long way to go but.....

Happy Daniel Bryan GIF by WWE

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are getting snuffed 1st round without him.

I actually hope he learns from this shit and is back for the playoffs.

Being a NBA player is a privilege.

Hope he cleans house and gets his head right.

I think he need better friends. Being friends with hood dudes when you making millions is always a bad decision

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strus is at a mediocre 34% from 3 this season and spo treats him like he is shooting like a splash brother