• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vic going to Ewing all the small market teams
I’m hoping the Ewing shit happens for my Philadelphia Flyers. Hockey is struggling financially and they have a top 3-4 hockey market in Philly just poorly managed. They’ve ruined hockey in this city for a whole generation. There would be good reason to rig their draft to send a generational player to Philly in this kid Connor Bedard.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,921.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC already a borderline play-in team....
Thunder will compete for a first round home court next year, then we see what Presti does and how good Holmgren can be.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man.

If you get Vic though?

You got your young core in tact already.

Cade, Vic, Ivey, Duran, Wiseman

Just need to sign some vets to fill roster, and possibly look to add a name free agent before you have to pay any of the young guys.

That could be something there.

This is just a lot of tanking for a 1 in 7.5 shot.

And like I said getting Scoot is a bad fit with Ivey and Cade not being great 3 ball guys. I'd almost rather they trade the pick for a vet wing and go with the core.

But yea...Vic would be fucking awesome.
He'd be a wet dream come true lol

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,921.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is quite a jump....who they bumping?
Hell it’s easy to see, they are close to bumping a bunch of teams now. Utah, Portland and Minny are easy. The Clippers are going to start going the other direction and honestly the Lakers aren’t really concerning.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,771.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell it’s easy to see, they are close to bumping a bunch of teams now. Utah, Portland and Minny are easy. The Clippers are going to start going the other direction and honestly the Lakers aren’t really concerning.
You said top 4....the Lakers with a full training camp?

Lol

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

And he seems to be playing well with Detroit. Is that right @Stakesarehigh?

His stats are pretty good. The issue is how do all the pieces come together. If he could develop his 3 that would be big.

But as of now they are almost certain to keep him over Bagley.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just a lot of tanking for a 1 in 7.5 shot.

And like I said getting Scoot is a bad fit with Ivey and Cade not being great 3 ball guys. I'd almost rather they trade the pick for a vet wing and go with the core.

But yea...Vic would be fucking awesome.
He'd be a wet dream come true lol

You can’t trade Scoot for a vet wing.

He is too valuable an asset and not making much $ to get a star back.

If Detroit lands 2, the play might be to trade back a couple spots, or to trade Ivey.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is quite a jump....who they bumping?
Not really. The West just keeps getting older. There are a number of teams they could jump.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You embiid fanbois are so insecure.
It’s absurd that the MVP race has been a relative toss up for 3 straight years and the same dude is going to win said toss up 3 straight years. That’s par for the course when sports writers determine an outcome and not the players themselves. Embiid abuses Jokic in nearly every matchup head to head. He’s 5-2 vs him over his career. Yet you look at the MVP results and they say he’s far and away a better player. Embiid is a generational talent and he deserves more respect.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean maybe but if they don’t make the playoffs they still have no playoff experience. They are competing for a play-in but still under .500.
PHX - healthy KD and full offseason
DEN
LAC
MEM
SAC
GS - healthy squad
LAL
NO - healthy Zion

All those teams are still better than OKC and that is w/o offseason moves. I’m not sure how many guys are going to want to play in OKC yet until they actually make that big jump. Compete for a top 6 playoff spot? Sure. Homecourt is a different beast when right now you are under .500. I guess if a couple of those teams make big moves they could jump back but as of right now with healthy squads.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean maybe but if they don’t make the playoffs they still have no playoff experience. They are competing for a play-in but still under .500.
PHX - healthy KD and full offseason
DEN
LAC
MEM
SAC
GS - healthy squad
LAL
NO - healthy Zion

All those teams are still better than OKC and that is w/o offseason moves. I’m not sure how many guys are going to want to play in OKC yet until they actually make that big jump. Compete for a top 6 playoff spot? Sure. Homecourt is a different beast when right now you are under .500. I guess if a couple of those teams make big moves they could jump back but as of right now with healthy squads.
Minny has Ant Edwards.

Don’t see him declining for the next decade.

Lord knows what goodies they can get if they actually decide to trade KAT.

Nugz, Griz, Suns, Kings are definitely better.

Lakers are too with Lebron.

Dunno what the Clippers will look like.

I say top 6.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, that’s a bit too ambitious.

Im going top 6.
I don’t know. The balance of power is shifting between the East and West. The Thunder are similar to the Sixers in this way. The first full year of Embiid and Simmons on the court they reached the 3 seed in the East just by winning 50 games. The West just keeps getting older. The only teams I’m willing to say will definitely be better than an OKC team that wins 50 games would be the Nuggets Memphis and the Suns. Everybody else has aging guys or guys with injury history. Shit, that applies to the Suns as well. Time will tell.