• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, stuff like this makes Lebron even more amazing.

He's had his missteps and said some stupid things.

But to have his upbringing and not only get himself out of that situation, but his closest friends too...and none of them arrested, hanging out in strip clubs, never hear about domestic issues, nothing.

Pretty impressive.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julius Randle basketball IQ is the only thing from classifying him a superstar in the league.

Other than that, he has played in all 65 games. Avg 35 min a game. What superstar has done this?

26 pts 10 bounds 4 assists a game

Makes everyone on team play better

A fan fav

Performs in the toughest market the world

This all should be taken into consideration!
One year does not classify a player as a superstar, that’s not how it works. A handful of players could now be superstars if it’s one breakout year

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, stuff like this makes Lebron even more amazing.

He's had his missteps and said some stupid things.

But to have his upbringing and not only get himself out of that situation, but his closest friends too...and none of them arrested, hanging out in strip clubs, never hear about domestic issues, nothing.

Pretty impressive.
The role model for not just future superstars but for all players

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One year does not classify a player as a superstar, that’s not how it works. A handful of players could now be superstars if it’s one breakout year
How many years has Ja had in this league? Some consider him one..

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many years has Ja had in this league? Some consider him one..
Some…I will say at this point I can’t consider him one. He shouldn’t be in the conversation especially when you consider his lack of leadership

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always been in favor of players being able to jump straight from high school to the NBA. I'm starting to re-think that. One and done isn't the answer either. I'm starting to think maybe it's time for the NBA to not allow them in until they're 2 or even 3 years removed from high school.

Just because they are physically ready to compete in the NBA, doesn't mean they are mentally or emotionally ready or that they have the maturity to handle it.

There are very few Lebron's, Kobe's or KG's who can make that jump and handle all that comes with it. And Kobe even said that if he had it to do over again, he'd have gone to college first.

Also, not saying they necessarily have to go to college, they can play overseas or go to the G-League.

Even if they are fairly well known (Lebron was on the cover of SI when he was what? 16?)...they still aren't followed, watched and scrutinized like they are in the NBA.

Very well put. Been saying similar things for years now. Just because an 18 year old kid is a damn good basketball player nobody that young is ready for the mental grind of the marathon season or is physically ready. Like you mentioned.

It would help both the NBA & CBB game to get rid of the one & done's. Two years minimum.

Maybe for certain players that have an exceptional CBB season they could go to the G League for a season or possibly two to get them more ready for the NBA?

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some…I will say at this point I can’t consider him one. He shouldn’t be in the conversation especially when you consider his lack of leadership
Lack of leadership?

What exactly does that mean in todays game ?

You mean off field shit hes doing?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clyde is many things, a homer , he is not.

He is literally employed by the Knicks to do their broadcast.

What do you expect him to say?

“Don’t bother tuning into the playoffs, we can’t beat the Bucks and the Celtics.”

Cmon man.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very well put. Been saying similar things for years now. Just because an 18 year old kid is a damn good basketball player nobody that young is ready for the mental grind of the marathon season or is physically ready. Like you mentioned.

It would help both the NBA & CBB game to get rid of the one & done's. Two years minimum.

Maybe for certain players that have an exceptional CBB season they could go to the G League for a season or possibly two to get them more ready for the NBA?

Coming out of high school, I still had dreams of playing in the NFL.

Looking back at me at that age, if I had made it...unless I was smart enough to buy a nice big house and move my parents and sister in with me, there's a decent chance I'd have ended up in some kind of trouble. lol

And I had a far more stable childhood than a lot of these guys.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,623.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming out of high school, I still had dreams of playing in the NFL.

Looking back at me at that age, if I had made it...unless I was smart enough to buy a nice big house and move my parents and sister in with me, there's a decent chance I'd have ended up in some kind of trouble. lol

And I had a far more stable childhood than a lot of these guys.
There are tons of guys that make it out that don’t have these guys resources. Those are the ones that should really be celebrated in my opinion.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,623.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morant would have probably been better off having a getting in trouble Iverson moment before he had huge success. He seems hell bent on having it after.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morant would have probably been better off having a getting in trouble Iverson moment before he had huge success. He seems hell bent on having it after.
Actually, that Iverson incident is in the eye of the beholder. That could be construed as why A.I. never took a ton of responsibility and always believed it was about people trying to get him.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,623.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, that Iverson incident is in the eye of the beholder. That could be construed as why A.I. never took a ton of responsibility and always believed it was about people trying to get him.
And it also can be seen as being just enough to keep him between the rails a little at least. Going to be interesting which direction Morant goes when he gets pushed, and he will get pushed with all he is doing.