• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Showing off a gun

Flashing his gun on the heels of an incident earlier this year when someone in his posse was pointing a gun at personnel of an opponent about 3-4 weeks ago.

And he is being sued for beating up, and flashing a gun on a 17 year old during a pick up game.

Yeah and there is some other distasteful stuff in the video. This guy doesn’t get it.

I've always been in favor of players being able to jump straight from high school to the NBA. I'm starting to re-think that. One and done isn't the answer either. I'm starting to think maybe it's time for the NBA to not allow them in until they're 2 or even 3 years removed from high school.

Just because they are physically ready to compete in the NBA, doesn't mean they are mentally or emotionally ready or that they have the maturity to handle it.

There are very few Lebron's, Kobe's or KG's who can make that jump and handle all that comes with it. And Kobe even said that if he had it to do over again, he'd have gone to college first.

Also, not saying they necessarily have to go to college, they can play overseas or go to the G-League.

Even if they are fairly well known (Lebron was on the cover of SI when he was what? 16?)...they still aren't followed, watched and scrutinized like they are in the NBA.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,157.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always been in favor of players being able to jump straight from high school to the NBA. I'm starting to re-think that. One and done isn't the answer either. I'm starting to think maybe it's time for the NBA to not allow them in until they're 2 or even 3 years removed from high school.

Just because they are physically ready to compete in the NBA, doesn't mean they are mentally or emotionally ready or that they have the maturity to handle it.

There are very few Lebron's, Kobe's or KG's who can make that jump and handle all that comes with it. And Kobe even said that if he had it to do over again, he'd have gone to college first.

Also, not saying they necessarily have to go to college, they can play overseas or go to the G-League.

Even if they are fairly well known (Lebron was on the cover of SI when he was what? 16?)...they still aren't followed, watched and scrutinized like they are in the NBA.
If the league doesn’t do something serious it doesn’t mean they don’t care about their image, it straight up means this is the image they want.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the league doesn’t do something serious it doesn’t mean they don’t care about their image, it straight up means this is the image they want.

Or at least an image they're willing to accept.

Adam Silver isn't stupid. He has to know that this kind of stuff isn't a good look, but as @bksballer89 points out, he just may not have the balls to put a stop to it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither would David Stern

Wasn't a big fan of Stern, even before the CP3 trade bullshit...but he was very cognizant of the reputation of the league and did a good job of dealing with this kind of thing.

He understood that the league was trying to appeal to as many people as possible and most don't want to see stuff like that from its players.

Which is probably why there wasn't a lot of it going on.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In Ja’s case, he did 2 years of college.

He had a seemingly good childhood.

He is just making terrible choices.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah he was fine until last year. Even in his first 2 seasons of the nba, he was good with no troubles at all

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After analyzing the video some more, i dont think that was Ja showing off the gun. Still a bad look but i think that's one of the people he was with who put the gun in the video

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew you would set one of the best players to ever play in the NBA straight!

He has been the Knicks announcer for how long?

Just a tad biased perhaps.

LOL at you thinking that means something.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Welp, just shows that even with a couple of years of college, still no guarantee that some won't do stupid shit.

Heck, it's 3 years for the NFL and they still have guys do stupid stuff...although there seems to be less of it.

Maybe because their careers are shorter and they get less guaranteed money. They know with the way their contracts are structured, it's not difficult for a team to move on from them quickly.

Still think having to wait 2-3 years wouldn't hurt and might even help with the NBA and college products.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julius Randle basketball IQ is the only thing from classifying him a superstar in the league.

Other than that, he has played in all 65 games. Avg 35 min a game. What superstar has done this?

26 pts 10 bounds 4 assists a game

Makes everyone on team play better

A fan fav

Performs in the toughest market the world

This all should be taken into consideration!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He seems like a complete idiot that lacks common sense. I really like his game. But he has alotta growing up to do.

And this story about him beating up a 17 year old kid. WTF?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julius Randle basketball IQ is the only thing from classifying him a superstar in the league. <--:L:L:L:L

Other than that, he has played in all 65 games. Avg 35 min a game. What superstar has done this?

26 pts 10 bounds 4 assists a game

Makes everyone on team play better

A fan fav

Performs in the toughest market the world

This all should be taken into consideration!

Do you just say stupid shit for a reaction or do you really believe all the nonsense you spew?