• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, it kind of is for anyone. The Thunder are going to be a force for multiple years though, as a fan I have to put my trust in Presti and what he learned. Right now I know one thing, in a year I have gone from wondering if Shai could be a 1 on a very good team to wondering if he can be an MVP candidate on a great team. I’ll take that as pretty good progress for now. Next year is huge though.
I still think that stock pile of picks has them positioned to lock down the next disgruntled star that wants out. And I know that if it doesn’t happen for him in Philly soon, that guy could be Embiid.

I will make you this promise today that if Embiid goes to OKC, I’m gonna join @Mecca as a hanger on fan of the Thunder. I’ve never been a “second team” kind of guy but I really want to see Embiid compete for a title before he’s done.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as what, wins and losses?

Here’s the issue….

Cavs have to get by Boston and the Bucks to get to the Finals,

Memphis has to get passed the Nuggets,maybe Phoenix.

So, yeah….:

Cavs only have a punchers chance.

Those two roads to the finals are very different with the East being the more treacherous path.
Yeah...was only talking about the current standings. agree with everything you said. East is no joke this year. Figures.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Celtics lose to this heat team they need to burn it down to the ground

Only thing i say about Miami is they are more built for the playoffs. This version of Bam with the playoffs version of Jimmy we got in 2 of 3 seasons is scary to face in a best of 7

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing i say about Miami is they are more built for the playoffs. This version of Bam with the playoffs version of Jimmy we got in 2 of 3 seasons is scary to face in a best of 7
Agree with that. Jimmy is just a guy in the regular season but every year at playoff time he reminds you why people who know call him a top 10 player in the league.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is much more to my point. Saying something like this is like waving the white flag for no reason. While the intention may have been to get ahead of an outburst this summer, I think it could instead provoke one sooner.
I'm hoping they just don't care too much what irrational, emotional fans think. There is likely a large group who will be blaming the FO, coach, a player they hate, etc. no matter when this season were to end. Even if it was the ECF.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think that stock pile of picks has them positioned to lock down the next disgruntled star that wants out. And I know that if it doesn’t happen for him in Philly soon, that guy could be Embiid.

I will make you this promise today that if Embiid goes to OKC, I’m gonna join @Mecca as a hanger on fan of the Thunder. I’ve never been a “second team” kind of guy but I really want to see Embiid compete for a title before he’s done.

That could prevent this...

1676922697667.jpeg

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you look at their core the oldest guy is Mitchell. I don’t consider LaVert core personally.
I could see resigning Levert (as might be tough to find someone better) so he might be core (guess could wait to include him until we know he is staying). Rubio is signed for 2 years after this one so I guess he should count. Osman probably in same boat (he's 27, Levert 28)

Mitchell might the oldest of the rest (26) Pretty sure their ages are the following Allen (24), Garland (23), Okoro (22), Mobley (21)

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see resigning Levert (as might be tough to find someone better) so he might be core (guess could wait to include him until we know he is staying). Rubio is signed for 2 years after this one so I guess he should count. Osman probably in same boat (he's 27, Levert 28)

Mitchell might the oldest of the rest (26) Pretty sure their ages are the following Allen (24), Garland (23), Okoro (22), Mobley (21)
When I think core, I think Mitchell Allen Garland Mobley. Everybody else is a part that can be used to upgrade somewhere else and in my mind expendable if that makes sense. I think we just may be using the term “core” with slightly different nuance. Seems like you are talking guys in the playoff rotation.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I think core, I think Mitchell Allen Garland Mobley. Everybody else is a part that can be used to upgrade somewhere else and in my mind expendable if that makes sense. I think we just may be using the term “core” with slightly different nuance. Seems like you are talking guys in the playoff rotation.
To me, I'd say it's guys who the team thinks will be in the rotation not just now but down the road. I could see Levert, Osman, Wade here a while. as mentioned, Rubio signed for a couple years. Also not sure what they will do with Okoro.

No doubt, though, the only ones we can really be sure who should be here for the long haul are the 4 you mentioned.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you.

Only other guy that COULD become core currently on the team is prob. Okoro.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't Garland & Okoro share the same birthday? Thought I heard that during a Cavs game recently.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't Garland & Okoro share the same birthday? Thought I heard that during a Cavs game recently.

One year apart

Garland is 2000

Okoro 2001

And now I’m off to kill myself for being so damn old

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you.

Only other guy that COULD become core currently on the team is prob. Okoro.
I can definitely see that as a way to describe the core. To me it's just guys who could be part of the future. Levert we wont know until after the season but feel like he will be retained. It's kind of like the JR situation. It's either sign him or no one as not sure we can do better as a FA. Could be moved in sign-trade.

Osman in a similar situation thought can be signed. Have to think it is either picked up now or he's traded in offseason or by next deadline. Thinking Rubio will be our backup PG through the next 2 seasons after this one.

But as mentioned, wouldn't quibble if someone thought only the Big 4 and maybe Okoro was the core of this team.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can definitely see that as a way to describe the core. To me it's just guys who could be part of the future. Levert we wont know until after the season but feel like he will be retained. It's kind of like the JR situation. It's either sign him or no one as not sure we can do better as a FA. Could be moved in sign-trade.

Osman in a similar situation thought can be signed. Have to think it is either picked up now or he's traded in offseason or by next deadline. Thinking Rubio will be our backup PG through the next 2 seasons after this one.

But as mentioned, wouldn't quibble if someone thought only the Big 4 and maybe Okoro was the core of this team.

Yeah and then you’re looking to add rotation pieces with your mle and other exceptions plus draft picks

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One year apart

Garland is 2000

Okoro 2001

And now I’m off to kill myself for being so damn old

I know what you mean. The older you get seems like the faster the years go by.