• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the Cavs tried to do the same with Allen and Mobley but I think it just came down to Love not being healthy and when was on the floor he wasn’t producing. If he plays like he did last year then I think CLE keeps him and plays him. He need to be healthy but still a nice add for Miami
And that’s another layer here that had me concerned yesterday. I look at the Cavs and they really could use a guy off the bench who can rebound and stretch the floor when Mobley and Allen have to sit. This is especially true after the Mitchell deal and Markk going out. So since that is the case…why would the Cavs be buying him out if he could fill that role? Why would they continue down that path when it was evident he would probably stay in the East and go to a competitor? These things alone signaled to me that the Cavs don’t think he can play that role for a playoff team. It’s possible they got it wrong over course but these guys are professionals and the best in the world at making these assessments. It isn’t like the Cavs organization screams “malpractice” that one would assume they automatically fucked up.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that’s another layer here that had me concerned yesterday. I look at the Cavs and they really could use a guy off the bench who can rebound and stretch the floor when Mobley and Allen have to sit. This is especially true after the Mitchell deal and Markk going out. So since that is the case…why would the Cavs be buying him out if he could fill that role? Why would they continue down that path when it was evident he would probably stay in the East and go to a competitor? These things alone signaled to me that the Cavs don’t think he can play that role for a playoff team. It’s possible they got it wrong over course but these guys are professionals and the best in the world at making these assessments. It isn’t like the Cavs organization screams “malpractice” that one would assume they automatically fucked up.
I think Dean Wade plays a big part of the equation. Wade is healthy and plays the same role as Love except he is a pretty solid defender. I still think the Cavs need a backup center, role didn’t fit that role but like I said, maybe Love fits in with Miami to give 14-18 mins a night

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dean Wade plays a big part of the equation. Wade is healthy and plays the same role as Love except he is a pretty solid defender. I still think the Cavs need a backup center, role didn’t fit that role but like I said, maybe Love fits in with Miami to give 14-18 mins a night
Maybe I don’t watch them enough and truth be told, I wish the Sixers had done this with Simmons but:
Why not use Mobley more at the back up 5 when Allen is off? That’s about 10 of what should be 35-38 minutes. He has the skill set to play and defend multiple positions. If you don’t use him in that way to round out groups of 5 on your squad to instead play a less skilled player it’s like leaving an opportunity. Mobley and Simmons aren’t close to the same guy. Don’t get me wrong. One thing they have in common is that positional versatility though. Of course, I’m talking about the Ben Simmons early when he still possessed an upside and wasn’t up in his mental health or whatever has destroyed his confidence and psyche.

ElPatron1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was a massive negative on the plus minus when he played and he couldn't shoot very well anymore. I think adding Green plus wade coming back, he was just never going to get any minutes. Also i don't think the Cavs care that much about this season, other than getting some playoff experience for the young players. Loves contract was done this year anyways. Can he help Miami? Sure, but does he move the needle against Boston or Mill or some of the other top teams, not really.

I also think they just wanted to do him a favor and let him get some minutes. I personally would have just kept him, but i don't call the shots.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I don’t watch them enough and truth be told, I wish the Sixers had done this with Simmons but:
Why not use Mobley more at the back up 5 when Allen is off? That’s about 10 of what should be 35-38 minutes. He has the skill set to play and defend multiple positions. If you don’t use him in that way to round out groups of 5 on your squad to instead play a less skilled player it’s like leaving an opportunity. Mobley and Simmons aren’t close to the same guy. Don’t get me wrong. One thing they have in common is that positional versatility though. Of course, I’m talking about the Ben Simmons early when he still possessed an upside and wasn’t up in his mental health or whatever has destroyed his confidence and psyche.
They have been doing that with Mobley actually but their only true backup big is Robin Lopez and he is unplayable. They do go to smaller lineups so I get it but it would be nice to have one more backup that can actually play

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a massive negative on the plus minus when he played and he couldn't shoot very well anymore. I think adding Green plus wade coming back, he was just never going to get any minutes. ->Also i don't think the Cavs care that much about this season,<- other than getting some playoff experience for the young players. Loves contract was done this year anyways. Can he help Miami? Sure, but does he move the needle against Boston or Mill or some of the other top teams, not really.

I also think they just wanted to do him a favor and let him get some minutes. I personally would have just kept him, but i don't call the shots.

"also i don't think the Cavs care that much about this season"

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Pure crazy talk.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't crazy that miami & philly yet to play?
That happened with the Cavs last year. Sixers had like all 3 or 4 meetings after the All Star break. Gonna be fun to see new Bam vs Embiid. Maybe Spo won’t go out of his way to hide him from Embiid now with staggering his minutes.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL dude even within the movie it made no sense, their own "logic" got violated so many times. It's fine, way more fun this way. Ant-Man franchise has always been on the silly side of things (like Guardians OTG)

Like what?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade fills that role. Its why Wade took that role from Love.

Now if Wade gets hurt- like he did earlier- its not going to look great.

ElPatron1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"also i don't think the Cavs care that much about this season"

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Pure crazy talk.

They care about playoff experience. They aren't good enough to beat the top teams yet. So keeping Kevin Love doesn't really matter when they wanted to get an upgrade for him anyways next year.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to the A.S. game tonight.

When they announced the dunk participants last night my first question was- who the hell is Mac McClung.

That kid has pogo sticks for legs. Not sure what his vertical is, but it's insane. Hope he gets a chance with the 76ers.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They care about playoff experience. They aren't good enough to beat the top teams yet. So keeping Kevin Love doesn't really matter when they wanted to get an upgrade for him anyways next year.

So because they care about playoff experience they don't care about this season?

Just going by what you said. And what you said makes no sense.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,725.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to the A.S. game tonight.

When they announced the dunk participants last night my first question was- who the hell is Mac McClung.

That kid has pogo sticks for legs. Not sure what his vertical is, but it's insane. Hope he gets a chance with the 76ers.
I like that he went ahead and committed for next year if asked. That’s going to cut down on others getting involved. It’s a shame a lot of guys won’t do it for fear of losing. I wonder who started that.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that he went ahead and committed for next year if asked. That’s going to cut down on others getting involved. It’s a shame a lot of guys won’t do it for fear of losing. I wonder who started that.
Not like his schedule will be full...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought that was really cool he said he'd like to be in next years contest if they invite him.

If the league doesn't that'll be a bad decision.

It's been a long time since I jumped outta my chair watching it. But that's exactly what I did on his first dunk.

And that's another thing. In every round he only needed one attempt.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,725.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not like his schedule will be full...
No, but a lot of guys would win it once then walk away with their hands in the air. He has incentive to keep doing it though I guess.