• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really.

I think that makes the decision for teams a lot easier.

You draft him towards the end of the first round.

Many of those picks miss anyway. And drafting Bronny essentially insures you of also getting the last few years of LeBron.

Easy call for a contender seeking the final piece to the puzzle.

I think Bronny is worth a late 1st even if he isn’t good enough to play in the NBA.

Yeah, DP tried, but Windy wouldn't say what round or how high he would go in that round.

He just said that he's not saying Bronny will be an All-Star, (also didn't say he wouldn't) he would only say that Bronny will make it on his own merit.

I think that the higher he's drafted, the more complicated it can become because then he's looking at having to go to a non-contender. Would he be willing to spend his last season or 2 on a bad team to play with his son?

It could also be complicated if he's under contract with someone. If, for example, he's under contract with the Lakers, they could just sign him as a UFA, but if he gets drafted, then they'd have to trade for him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just it, their defense would be worst in the league without him unless they replace him with someone like Simmons. And he does so much more than that, they do "need him". But yes the Ws might not mind so much if he declines his option. The thing is it's $30 million so he'd have to take less AAV to go elsewhere. Maybe he plays there one more year using the option. If the Ws suck next year like actually bad not just meh, maybe they deal him at the deadline.
Yeah he does do more than that but he isn't worth that kind of money in the end. Some team will most likely want him added but once he starts declining that extension is going to look bad. He isn't there yet.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,175.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put my fake cash where my mouth is.

Got a pending bet with Mecca. Think we get the 5th or 6th seed.
I want some of that action

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, DP tried, but Windy wouldn't say what round or how high he would go in that round.

He just said that he's not saying Bronny will be an All-Star, (also didn't say he wouldn't) he would only say that Bronny will make it on his own merit.

I think that the higher he's drafted, the more complicated it can become because then he's looking at having to go to a non-contender. Would he be willing to spend his last season or 2 on a bad team to play with his son?

It could also be complicated if he's under contract with someone. If, for example, he's under contract with the Lakers, they could just sign him as a UFA, but if he gets drafted, then they'd have to trade for him.

First off, if LeBron wants the freedom to be able to play with his son, I think it is a pretty safe bet that he won’t be under contract when his son is drafted.

Also, prior to this report, most were working under the assumption that Bronny wasn’t good enough on his own.

The report is very vague, but I find it unlikely that he would vault into lottery range at this point.

Could absolutely happen with a year of college or G league, but we aren’t there yet.

If it does get to that point, you are right. Could get really complicated.

But my guess is LeBron would choose his son over ring chasing.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lmfao

No.

Fucking.

Way.

….Will the Lakers pass the Clippers, Suns…probably not even Dallas.

Lmfao…you are letting one game, as outstanding as it was, fool the fuck out of you.

Accepted.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty...no.

Enough if they continue to play like they did in their last game...yes.

Several teams ahead of them appear to be struggling.,

It shouldn't be too difficult to catch Utah, Portland, OKC and the Warriors (with Steph out).

The Pels should be catchable too since it looks like Zion is still going to be out for a while longer.

The Mavs have lost 3 straight since they got Kyrie, although I'd expect that won't continue.

At this point though, they just need to not even really look at the playoff race or possible seeding and just worry about winning games.

Assuming Lebron and AD stay healthy, 6th is possible, but 7th or 8th seems more likely.
The Lakers are not getting a top 6 seed.

You improved.

Some of the teams ahead of you, we’re already better, improved as well.

There are less than 25 games less.

Playin, yes.

Playoff, lmao

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers are not getting a top 6 seed.

You improved.

Some of the teams ahead of you, we’re already better, improved as well.

There are less than 25 games less.

Playin, yes.

Playoff, lmao

6th seed is the absolute ceiling, if, and it's a big fucking IF, literally all the cards fall the right way.

7th or 8th spot is more likely and do-able. It gives them HCA in the play-in and guarantees them at least two games to win one.

The way the season has been going for the Lakers I would not be complaining about that.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To do this LA would need a long winning streak and for a handful of teams to drop games and keep dropping them.

Suns are in the 5th. They will only improve. Lakers are 4.5 from PHX.
Mavs are in the 6th. Who knows with the Mavs but the Lakers are 3.5 from DAL.

Like I said, if these teams lose and keep losing as well as the teams in between keep losing the Lakers have a chance at a 6 seed but that seems pretty unlikely. That means winning most or all of these H2H with these teams.

A lot of their schedule involves the 5-12 seeds. Out of the 23 games, 14 are against these teams.

LAC - 1
GS - 2
OKC - 2
Minny - 2
Dallas - 2
Phoenix - 2
Utah - 2
N.O. - 1