• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 149,302.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just picked up Schroeder on a fantasy team, he is looking solid post trade.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with...

5. He's a relatively new GM who listened to his star players rather than trust his instincts.

He made a mistake going through with the Westbrook trade, no doubt. The roster they have now is the more balanced roster that is along the lines of what the rosters were like when they won the title and the next year when they were up on the Suns and AD's injury derailed them.

He may have waited a little too long this year, that remains to be seen, but he also left them with at least some kind of assets and maybe a little cap space to do something over the summer.

Does anyone know when KD is supposed to be available to play again?
According to the Arizona Republic, Kevin Durant isn’t expected back from his MCL right sprain until after the All-Star break. The break which begins Thursday is the first checkpoint for when the All-NBA player can return from injury.

Although there isn’t an exact timetable for when Durant will return it seems that he will be back in late February or early march, as that will be two months since he suffered the sprain. When Adrian Wojnarowski reported his injury return date in January, it seemed like he would be out for a month. Considering that it will be twice his expected return date, that late February or early March date feels realistic.

The Suns have two more games until the All-Star Break, against the Kings and Clippers before. It seems like Kevin Durant might be back for the Suns’ first game after the break, against the Bucks on Feb. 24 or shortly thereafter.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron out again tonight

Grant and Nurk out for the Blazers as well. Lakers still stand a chance in a must win game because of that. It's winnable so long as Ham doesn't do something stupid like put Dlo or TBJ on Dame and tell them to go under all the screens...which is a possibility :L

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t even watch Sixers Rockets tonight. They’re supposed to win so the only thing they can do is piss me off and I just can’t take that the day after that heart break yesterday haha.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t even watch Sixers Rockets tonight. They’re supposed to win so the only thing they can do is piss me off and I just can’t take that the day after that heart break yesterday haha.

The sad thing is the rockets need to do this again next year or give their pick to the thunder

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're lucky - If I watch the Lakers, they can be 15 points ahead and will start losing. They win only if I don't watch them

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thibs, you want to climb past Miami, end the love affair with Barret

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grant and Nurk out for the Blazers as well. Lakers still stand a chance in a must win game because of that. It's winnable so long as Ham doesn't do something stupid like put Dlo or TBJ on Dame and tell them to go under all the screens...which is a possibility :L

No Nurk?!?

That's a huge boost for the Lakers. AD is going to have to go for 40 tonight!!