• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Trade Deadline

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think that Rogers and McGee would be great as the 7th/8th inning guys. Maybe one of them could even settle into the reliable reliever role. Too bad that they've had such problems in high leverage 9th inning appearances.
Exactly they are tailor made for the 7th and 8th (each can do either one). But I wouldn't trust them in a playoff series as closers.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly they are tailor made for the 7th and 8th (each can do either one). But I wouldn't trust them in a playoff series as closers.
Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that there are not many options for starting help either and most buyers have publicly said that they want to upgrade their starting rotation.
I think they’ll pick up a Zack Davies type.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting idea. Maybe they could buy low on him. Or course, this would be a huge gamble. And the author cites a name that will make tzill blow his top.

Why is that? I don’t hate Duffy.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. But I don’t see us giving up what it would take to get Kimbrel
Totally agree I don't think we will even be in on him. I'm just trying to figure out what the solution will be. We need a 9th inning guy, and I wonder if Moronta can step in there.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree I don't think we will even be in on him. I'm just trying to figure out what the solution will be. We need a 9th inning guy, and I wonder if Moronta can step in there.
that’s kinda what I’m hoping. I don’t want RichRod or Kennedy or Iglesias...they are not upgrades over what we already have.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the comp name of why the Giants wouldn't be afraid to pick up a guy who is injured.
I’m not quite following. Why would that upset me?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Haha
Reactions: LHG

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude will probably never hit for average, but he’s a solid backstop with a plus arm and plus power. Will likely never be an All Star but could easily have a long and productive career.

Basically, he’s never going to be Susac
Very few can ever aspire to a Susac.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my list of "bubble" teams. Teams who are between 5 to 9.5 games back in either the Wild Card or the division race. I rank from most to least likely to sell.
Chicago Cubs - 9 games back in both NL Central and 2nd WC spot. This team has faded badly and have been all over the rumor boards as sellers.
Detroit Tigers - 9 games back in the 2nd WC spot. I've previously listed them as sellers, and they most likely will sell, but their sudden hot streak has given the club some life. I don't know if ownership will think this can be sustained and try to stand pat with the club they have.
Cincinnati Reds - 6.5 games back both in the NL Central and 2nd WC spot. They are the closest to the Brewers but they've been dumping last offseason. Hard to call this but I'm leaning toward sellers.
"Anaheim" Angels - 7.5 games back in the 2nd WC. Trout should be coming back soon. If you are Arte Moreno, do you double down on the team you have or sell off pieces that could net prospects? He's not much of a seller, so we will see.
Seattle Mariners - 7 games back in the AL West. They are tied with the Yankees for pursuit of the 2nd WC spot. There hasn't been this much excitement over a Mariners' team in a while. Yet, I wouldn't be too surprised if they sell off. That will piss off their fanbase so ownership may reconsider.
Saint Louis Cardinals - 7 games back in both NL Central and 2nd WC spot. However, unlike the Reds, they don't have a history of selling. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't at least stand pat or even buy.
Atlanta Braves - 8 games back in the 2nd WC spot. But just 4 games back in the NL East. I cannot see them selling. They've already started buying (Vogt and Pederson).
Philadelphia Phillies - 8 games back in the 2nd WC spot. They are tied with the Braves for 2nd. I would imagine they will be buyers.
New York Yankees - 8 games back in AL East. However, they are 4.5 back of the 2nd WC spot and their ownership has publicly stated they are not selling.
Toronto Blue Jays - 8.5 games back in AL East. They are just a half game behind the Yankees and have invested too much into this team to suddenly become sellers.
San Diego Padres - 5.5 games back in the NL West. They've lost some ground in the division race but are holding the 2nd WC spot, with a 6.5 game lead over the team directly below them. They've said they will be buyers and, with the way they've spent the past few years, I believe them.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The recent Mets-Rays trade and Twins-Rays trade reminds me that some teams may be both buyers and sellers this year. That makes the number of players available hard to gauge.