• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Trade Deadline

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you’re talking about a rental, maybe. If you’re talking about a four year deal - hell no.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, both the Mariners and Mets have both recently stated that they are going to be buyers at the trading deadline and are looking for starting pitching. Its going to be interesting the cost, in prospects, the Giants will have to dish out for rotation help. Hopefully, it won't be too much or it will be worth it (i.e. World Series title).

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think we're actually at least one year ahead on the rebuild. I don't think anyone expected this kind of success this season.

IMHO that is...

So I'd hate to bankrupt the future.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think we're actually at least one year ahead on the rebuild. I don't think anyone expected this kind of success this season.

IMHO that is...

Agreed. I wouldn’t trade Heliot for any rental, yet alone for Marte lol.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you’re talking about a rental, maybe. If you’re talking about a four year deal - hell no.

IMHO that is...

Agreed. I wouldn’t trade Heliot for any rental, yet alone for Marte lol.
In that article, Marte claims to want to stay in Miami but, apparently, 3 years wasn't long enough so he wants to leave. Talk about only saying what you think will get you money. I'm okay with acquiring Marte if the prospects sent to Miami isn't nearly as step as Ramos. And, like tzill said, a 4 year extension is a bad idea.
And besides, I strongly disagree with the author's assessment that center field is a gaping hole for the Giants. Duggar has done well, except for recently. The author clearly showed himself to a home team homer when he called Marte's slump a mini slump but categorizes Duggar's slump as a glaring hole.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the radio I forget who the sports pundit was who they asked about targets for the Giants, but he said as far as the pen they probably won't be in on Kimbrel (too expensive) but might look at names like Ian Kennedy, Kendall Graveman, or Brad Hand as stopgap closers for this year.

The playoffs are different anyway, you don't need 5 starters so that adds one arm to the pen right there. And you often use 4-5 pitchers per game in the playoffs, the starters don't have to go 7 every day.

One thing is for sure, we don't have 2014 Bumgarner to just dominate a series. We'll be mixing and matching.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the radio I forget who the sports pundit was who they asked about targets for the Giants, but he said as far as the pen they probably won't be in on Kimbrel (too expensive) but might look at names like Ian Kennedy, Kendall Graveman, or Brad Hand as stopgap closers for this year.

The playoffs are different anyway, you don't need 5 starters so that adds one arm to the pen right there. And you often use 4-5 pitchers per game in the playoffs, the starters don't have to go 7 every day.

One thing is for sure, we don't have 2014 Bumgarner to just dominate a series. We'll be mixing and matching.
I would be a bit surprised if Graveman is available. The Mariners aren't that far off so trading off players would really tick off the fanbase. The Nationals have said that this next few games will determine whether they sell or not. I wouldn't be surprised if they do sell, though, so Hand's availability is very possible.
As for Kennedy, my concern is that this is his first year closing. Not sure he is really any different than Jake McGee in that slot. He'd still be a nice addition to the bullpen though, just not at the price of what a team would expect to get for a closer.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be a bit surprised if Graveman is available. The Mariners aren't that far off so trading off players would really tick off the fanbase. The Nationals have said that this next few games will determine whether they sell or not. I wouldn't be surprised if they do sell, though, so Hand's availability is very possible.
As for Kennedy, my concern is that this is his first year closing. Not sure he is really any different than Jake McGee in that slot. He'd still be a nice addition to the bullpen though, just not at the price of what a team would expect to get for a closer.
Sure just reporting what they said, I love knowing we have a good GM we can trust to figure out something.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not sure there is really much out there aside from Kimbrel that is an upgrade to the back of the bullpen. Also, with Long, Moronta and Sanchy due back I’m not sure there is an overwhelming need in long relief either.

Might just go for a SP and shuffle guys in long relief.

Reactions: LHG

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not sure there is really much out there aside from Kimbrel that is an upgrade to the back of the bullpen. Also, with Long, Moronta and Sanchy due back I’m not sure there is an overwhelming need in long relief either.

The problem is that there are not many options for starting help either and most buyers have publicly said that they want to upgrade their starting rotation.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a closer and set up man not a centerfielder

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We need a guy who can handle the 9th. Maybe Moronta?

Reactions: LHG

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a guy who can handle the 9th. Maybe Moronta?
He seemed to be doing okay for the brief time he was healthy this year. The question, can he get, and stay, healthy? If the majority of guys on the IL can get healthy in the next few weeks, this team may not need much at the trade deadline. That's a big if, though.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a closer and set up man not a centerfielder

Just a closer
I do think that Rogers and McGee would be great as the 7th/8th inning guys. Maybe one of them could even settle into the reliable reliever role. Too bad that they've had such problems in high leverage 9th inning appearances.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting idea. Maybe they could buy low on him. Or course, this would be a huge gamble. And the author cites a name that will make tzill blow his top.