• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NFL survivor discussion

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this one depends on how many people are left in your league. If its just a couple then I'd say use the Rams.

I do think there is some logic to picking the Chiefs. WFT only has 2 interceptions on the season and -3 in turnover margin. Chiefs have been melting down in terms of turnovers after week one. -9 differential in 4 games. This team could very easily be 0-5 or 4-1 and its really mostly about the turnovers. Whats weird about this is that Andy Reid teams generally aren't like this. In 2000 Mike Martz basically threw caution out the window because the GSOT was so good and his team backslid into the playoffs and ended up losing 7 of 11 games with one of the most potent offenses ever. With the Chiefs its more intrinsic to Mahomes and CEH and not Reid. CEH is probably not playing next week for better or worse. WFT is the 3rd worst in the league at giving up passing first downs and has given up the most passing TDs in the league. So their D has been bending and breaking. In theory, Mahomes has no reason to press that defense for big plays.

Probably picking the Rams, though.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who did you sweat out with yesterday....vikings or pats?
Pats.
But i originally had the Falcons penciled in based on the reasoning the Jets couldnt possibly win 2 in a row.
They didnt. Falcons won.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like this week it's all Rams for me. The Giants could be depleted, even if Daniel Jones comes back they have injuries. Easy win. I hate to use the Rams this early but it's too good to pass up.

I don't see any other easy picks. Even the Bengals-Lions scares me.

So far I've used the: 49ers, Browns, Ravens, Bills, Pats

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like this week it's all Rams for me. The Giants could be depleted, even if Daniel Jones comes back they have injuries. Easy win. I hate to use the Rams this early but it's too good to pass up.

I don't see any other easy picks. Even the Bengals-Lions scares me.

So far I've used the: 49ers, Browns, Ravens, Bills, Pats
I may ride with you. This is a week im ok doing a great team. Its a tough week. Funny though, i keep watching tough weeks(this year and last), and everyone survives, then layup weeks, someone gets taken.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Chiefs are a slam dunk this week - it's going to take some insane stuff for The Football Team to come into Arrowhead and win after that drubbing the Bills put on the Chiefs last night, they're going to be fired up. Expecting foot on the pedal all game too.

WFT had a good pass D last year, not so much this year, quite the opposite so far this year.

Chiefs win by at least 13

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Chiefs are a slam dunk this week - it's going to take some insane stuff for The Football Team to come into Arrowhead and win after that drubbing the Bills put on the Chiefs last night, they're going to be fired up. Expecting foot on the pedal all game too.

WFT had a good pass D last year, not so much this year, quite the opposite so far this year.

Chiefs win by at least 13
I thought chiefs were AT washington?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought chiefs were AT washington?

yup, you're right, I read it backwards on the eliminator site.

think I'm still taking them, just not as confident in a a beatdown

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason I'm shying away from the Chiefs is that the league has caught up to the 4-3 split safety smoke and mirrors that they put on display last year. A huge part of the Chiefs success last year was their pass defense. Thats gone. If they dont get their young players to play better and push their bums off the field then this Chiefs team is never really going to recover in a way that I feel confident in picking them. The Bucs have at least been able to lean on their stout run D. Chiefs have never been able to do that.

I do expect the Chiefs to beat Washington but I think it'll be something like a 34-31 type of game. Ultimately thats something to steer clear of in a survivor situation. Chiefs and WFT also have 2 'shared' losses to some of the better teams in football that might make both teams fanbases feel a little worse about their team than they should.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
colts, Rams, Bengals are my top 3 this week... dont mind taking any of those three...