• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NFL Draft Discussion thread

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Planning on trading up to 2 or 3? Wilson will be celebrating with his family long before the 10th pick.
Who's taking him? Carolina? After the Jets, only the Panthers need a QB if they decide to move on from Bridgewater. No one else needs a starter and most teams don't draft a QB if they have other other needs, especially if they have a young QB and finished with 4 or 5 wins. Belichck won't take a QB in the first round. He feels most comfortable taking a defensive player, most like a DL. More likely, he'll trade dow and pick up an extra second and fourth round pick from a sucker team like the Bears.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's taking him? Carolina? After the Jets, only the Panthers need a QB if they decide to move on from Bridgewater. No one else needs a starter and most teams don't draft a QB if they have other other needs, especially if they have a young QB and finished with 4 or 5 wins. Belichck won't take a QB in the first round. He feels most comfortable taking a defensive player, most like a DL. More likely, he'll trade dow and pick up an extra second and fourth round pick from a sucker team like the Bears.
I can see Carolina or Atlanta taking a qb

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's all take a moment to remember Jerad Goff.... Bha ha ha!

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a top 9 draft or trade down if you can draft for Denver?

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots winning today helped us out a lot because no matter if we win or lose today we’ll pick before them.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can move up to 9 today

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drafting in the top 10 will be good . This figures to be a talent rich draft, but with the opt outs and the covid restrictions - scouting is more important than ever (also good medical opinions by the training staff and doctor advisors).

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are your top 3 at 9 SS?

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is surtain close to as good as Champ coming out?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted this in the wrong thread.

One thing to keep in mind. Fangio doesn't often draft CB’s early... but we are also piling 9th so we can’t screw this pick up. Ojemudia looks like he can at least be a top 3. Callahan with one year left on contract and Bouye possibly released if no paycut makes CB interesting this offseason.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only bummer being 9 and Eagles selecting at 6, is that Eagles could easily go CB and that may also be a target for us.
Have you noticed the pattern where you always see the potential bummers before anyone else? ;)

I'm proud to be your opposite number in that regard. :)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted this in the wrong thread.

One thing to keep in mind. Fangio doesn't often draft CB’s early... but we are also piling 9th so we can’t screw this pick up. Ojemudia looks like he can at least be a top 3. Callahan with one year left on contract and Bouye possibly released if no paycut makes CB interesting this offseason.
I don't think the Broncos will resign Kareem Jackson -because I do think they will resign Simmons - so Safety is my guess as a target - maybe someone who can guard TEs.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had the same thought Mingo. I think safety is going to be high on our list going into this draft/free agency. Assuming we re-sign Simmons we are likely cutting Bouye and not picking up Jackson's option. I am hoping one of the two would take paycuts to stick around, but I doubt both do. Jackson is up there in age, so it is possible, but he may also look for a two year contract on a team a little further ahead then us such as the Ravens, etc. Jackson has been somewhat of a team leader. I feel he does like it in Denver. But he is also replaceable. He and Bouye are in interesting situations for us this offseason as is Casey. Would be nice to see all 3 take paycuts, but very doubtful all 3 do and none of them will play for peanuts. I could see Bouye and Casey taking a paycut but maybe not to the point of what we need to fit everyone in. We don't want Will Parks starting for us. He is a good depth safety but don't think we want him going into the season as a starter. We probably need a young safety anyway. Been since the Simmons/Parks draft since we have drafted a safety, and that will be 5 years ago. Marshall, Parks, Holder strike me as depth guys, not starters. I am probably a bit partial to Holder beings I have known him for awhile, but I do think he has the upside of a 3rd safety who can play both safety spots and he started at CB in college for 3 years. I think he could be a guy who sticks around the league for awhile playing a role as a dependable depth guy who might even be able to start if called upon. Somewhat similar to Bruton and Parks for us. I thought we would see a little more growth out of Marshall this year but two different injuries hampered him. PJ Locke does nothing for me on special teams or as a safety.