• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NFL Draft Discussion thread

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that we have seen 2 calendar years of Lock and his ups and downs

If Elway really really liked Herbert it should be a lesson to him to go get that guy.

I’d rather have Herbert than Juedy Hamler and Fant.

Aaron Rodgers has thrown TDs passes to only 1 first round receiver not this year but in his career

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that we have seen 2 calendar years of Lock and his ups and downs

If Elway really really liked Herbert it should be a lesson to him to go get that guy.

I’d rather have Herbert than Juedy Hamler and Fant.

Aaron Rodgers has thrown TDs passes to only 1 first round receiver not this year but in his career
To be fair, it's been two calendar years, but about 18 games. Just over a year of starts.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d rather have Patrick Mahomes then half our team combined, but what’s the point in playing that game?

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d rather have Patrick Mahomes then half our team combined, but what’s the point in playing that game?
The point is identify your QB and go get him
Isn’t that what KC did?

now maybe Lock is as good as Wilson and Fields I don’t know

point is if they like someone better than Lock go get him.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are we going to do without ownership NOTHING. We are stuck in what we are until then. John of 2011 is gone. Drafting is better but, without fans FO avoided fan pressure about change. John still thinks roster is better then it is. Bowlens please sell we need to clean house top to bottom.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is identify your QB and go get him
Isn’t that what KC did?

now maybe Lock is as good as Wilson and Fields I don’t know

point is if they like someone better than Lock go get him.

To be fair, (sorta), Elway has repeatedly "gone to get" his QB. And that QB has sucked.

I'm open to giving Lock time to learn this new system, have an offseason, training camp, preseason, and time to develop timing with his OC and teammates.

If after next year we are seeing the INT's, the poor decisions/footwork (which has improved since last year), then by all means throw Lock out with the bathwater that is Fangio and the front office.

Maybe by then, we'll actually have an owner.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are we going to do without ownership NOTHING. We are stuck in what we are until then. John of 2011 is gone. Drafting is better but, without fans FO avoided fan pressure about change. John still thinks roster is better then it is. Bowlens please sell we need to clean house top to bottom.
When healthy, the Broncos roster is pretty high on talent. Just because you have a talented roster it doesn't guarantee success. Just look at the Eagles "Dream Team". Very talent but they never played up to their talent.

The QB position is so hard to know that do. Lock plays really, really well at times, but still has too many head scratching moments. If we decide to move on from Lock and he goes to the Jets and becomes their franchise guy, how bad does that make the Broncos look? Especially if the guy the replace him with is no better or worse then what we have seen from Lock this year. I don't claim to know the answer, but I know that at some point you have to give guys time to develop. If that is or isn't Lock, then so be it. We need to find that guy sooner then later.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Fangio would need younger Elway or 2012 Manning to save his job Like I said, above ownership is problem #1. QBOTF #2 HC #3. They might as well ride Fangio and Lock until 23 maybe we'll have owners in place at that time. It will give fans ample time to know what's what. I think after 5 lame seasons if Lock goes to Jets and plays well so be it. Our image isn't anything right now anyways. Facing Mahomes next decade the Broncos will need to make bold move regardless to compete. Broncos don't have money to do things they might want now anyways.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this staff would need younger Elway or 2012 Manning to save their jobs Like I said, above ownership is problem #1. QBOTF #2 HC #3. They might as well ride Fangio and Lock until 23 maybe we'll have owners in place at that time. It will give fans ample time to know what's what. I think after 5 lame seasons if Lock goes to Jets and plays well so be it. Our image isn't anything right now anyways. Facing Mahomes next decade the Broncos will need to make bold move regardless to compete. Broncos don't have money to do things they might want now
Mingo and I don’t have forever, you know!

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reply was to say:

Mingo and I don’t have forever, you know!

Broncoballs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure seems the Broncos are quite snake bit when drafting a WR or a QB in the first round.

Demaryius Thomas is the only WR I think that panned out pretty well. Did Marcus Nash even have 10 receptions in his career? Ashley Lelie had one interesting year where he went over 1000 yards. He was a bust though.

The Broncos greatest WR was an undrafted FA, Rod Smith. Btw, compare and contrast his stats with Michael Irvin and explain why there is no consideration for Hall of Fame.

Anyway, in a hard cap league, we as fans need to consider what REAL VALUE is. People got all over the Texans for getting rid of Hopkins.....

Let me give a list (think I have done this before) and tell me what all of these wideouts have in common. Arguably the best WRs over the last 20 years or so.

Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
Calvin Johnson
Andre Johnson
Antonio Brown
Odell Beckham
Deandre Hopkins
Julio Jones
Michael Thomas

Those wideouts put up BIG NUMBERS. Most were locker room diva distractions. All of them commanded big money and none of them have rings.

What do we value? What do most SB champions have in common? Nearly all of them had two elements....

Solid to great OL and solid to great defenses. Not all had great QBs. None of them had a QB that passed for 5000+ yards and none of them had a QB with 600+ attempts.

All of that illustrates that championship teams are balanced offenses, which always indicates dynamic OL play.

What do we value? How many QB can overcome bad OL play? Any? Great OLs make average QBs good and good QBs great. The opposite is true. Bad OLs make good QBs average.

What as fans do we value? It's a hard cap league which means spending big money on skilled players at the expense of the defense and OL, does what?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think good options to push Lock next year without giving up on him.

CJ Beathard
Andy Dalton
Gardner Minshew

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year for the past 3 - draft gurus push the Broncos to draft the top ILB and every year the Broncos don't do that.
Frustrating to me

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ronnie Perkins killing it for Oklahoma tonight agaa very shorthanded Florida team. But each week Perkins impresses me more and more.

1609386658077.jpeg

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ronnie Perkins killing it for Oklahoma tonight agaa very shorthanded Florida team. But each week Perkins impresses me more and more.

View attachment 261184
Florida had 62 scholly players - while the Buffs played with 49 (and the announcers never mentioned that). Both the Sooners and the Longhorns looked plenty good to me for next year.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think good options to push Lock next year without giving up on him.

CJ Beathard
Andy Dalton
Gardner Minshew
We've gone this route before it failed. Stick with pressbox Lock leader see if he develops or not over stop gap solutions no wonder we need changes so bad.