• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2025 Draft discussion thread

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 RB's I love next year assuming all 3 declare.

Ollie Gordon, Oklahoma State
Omarion Hampton, North Carolina
Damien Martinez, Miami
Trevor Etienne, Georgia

Few others to watch for

Montrell Johnson, Florida
DJ Giddens, Kansas State
Pat Mafah, Clemson

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 RB's I love next year assuming all 3 declare.

Ollie Gordon, Oklahoma State
Omarion Hampton, North Carolina
Damien Martinez, Miami
Trevor Etienne, Georgia

Few others to watch for

Montrell Johnson, Florida
DJ Giddens, Kansas State
Pat Mafah, Clemson
Blue could declare too. Hes an interesting wildcard since he's generally been underused.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue could declare too. Hes an interesting wildcard since he's generally been underused.

Yeah. Will be interesting how they use him with Baxter this year. He could be one of those low mileage, really good NFL RB picks.

He is more sought off then the two I am about to mention but Kene Nwangu and Isaac Gurerendo were backup RB's who were great at the combine and ended up being draft early on Day 3. Kene backed up Breece Hall and ended up getting more action in the NFL then when he was at ISU... Gurerendo started his career at Wisconsin, didn't get much volume because of a crowded backfield, transferred to Louisville where he was behind Jawhar Jordan who had a great year last year... Jordan has a few injuries last year which opened the door for Gureredno. Put himself on the map a little (not a lot) but then he had the great 40 time at the combine and ended up getting drafted ahead of the guy starting over him. Hell, he actually ended up getting drafted ahead of both players he was behind the depth chart at both colleges (Braelon Allen and Jawhar Jordan) surprised this isn't talked about more.

You know I love Jaydon Blue and I think Texas will put him on the map this year. It won't take a 40 time like it did the two I listed above.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Draft Crazy did you see Kiper gave the Broncos a C+? He is thinking about changing it to a B-.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most pundits think the Broncos draft was solid. It's the Bo Nix pick at #12 that has many bringing the overall grade down. Even when they admit that Nix is a great fit for the Broncos, most believe they could have dropped back, picked up more capital and still landed Nix.

I was an advocate of that approach but in hindsight, I agree with what the Broncos did. They really WANTED Nix and they didn't want to gamble. Got their guy.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Draft Crazy did you see Kiper gave the Broncos a C+? He is thinking about changing it to a B-.

He does love Blake Watson so he should factor that into our draft class. He liked Elliss, Franklin, Abrams-Draine and Estime when we selected them. Franklin was his # 1 on his board most of mid Round 3.

I get the vibe he doesn't like Nix and that drops us a little. I think a lot of people think we took him too early. As I said before if you want a QB bad enough you don't get fancy and move down especially when he is the CLEAR #1 left after the other 5 had gone. I think I feel better that we took Nix at 12 and didn't move down. I think that is a sign that Payton/Paton are 100% into the guy.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most pundits think the Broncos draft was solid. It's the Bo Nix pick at #12 that has many bringing the overall grade down. Even when they admit that Nix is a great fit for the Broncos, most believe they could have dropped back, picked up more capital and still landed Nix.

I was an advocate of that approach but in hindsight, I agree with what the Broncos did. They really WANTED Nix and they didn't want to gamble. Got their guy.
That suggestion of moving down after 5 went in top 10 is nuts. Would Raiders have taken him next? I think so. The gulf between Bo and Rattler was bigger than the Gulf of Mexico with 138 players chosen between the two. Was it worth risking a trade down to end up with Rattler as option 1?

People need to live in the real world, not some mock draft.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a big proponent of moving down for Nix as well, but after the Penix pick by a team zero people had picking a QB it just proved that you don't screw around if you want a particular QB, so hard to knock the Broncos for that. Grading a draft now is just stupid though. Takes a few years.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That suggestion of moving down after 5 went in top 10 is nuts. Would Raiders have taken him next? I think so. The gulf between Bo and Rattler was bigger than the Gulf of Mexico with 138 players chosen between the two. Was it worth risking a trade down to end up with Rattler as option 1?

People need to live in the real world, not some mock draft.

I like an angry Springer and very well said.

Would people feel more confident if we traded down to get Nix? Some people could call it smart if we ended up with him in a trade down but I feel like this team gave him a lot more love picking him at #12... We LOVE you so much that we aren't going to even give one team a crack at taking you away from us... Notice how fast the pick was in after the Jets picked?

Gave me real postive vibes about what this staff feels about Bo Nix. Had we moved down and take him my vibes wouldn't be as good. We loved him enough to not get greedy.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the things about Bo Nix is that he has an ability to make the glamourous QB position look boring by executing the plays so quickly and exactly. It's the other players on the team that get to make the plays. At his best, Nix will hold the ball less during any play or game than his ball carriers or receivers. Think about that. You think Mahomes ever played a game where he didn't hold the ball during plays longer than his supporting cast?

The NFL model QB has now become a QB who can execute the offense reasonably well, but also add another tangible offensive threat by running or escaping the the pass rush and completing a pass downfield. The really cool thing is Nix can do both those things run and hurt the defense on a busted play by throwing downfield, but he executes the base offense so well - he hardly has to fall back on those skills. Nix has the unselfish point guard mentality - that creates space and plays for the other guys on the offense.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo - no Boo Boo's

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find logic fails pundits in most realms these days.

I have zero doubt the way the draft played out Nix would be a Raider. And if Nix is who they really wanted in Denver, they proved it by taking him there.

Good for them in knowing what they want, being confident enough to pull the trigger, and give zero effs about what others say or think.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find logic fails pundits in most realms these days.

I have zero doubt the way the draft played out Nix would be a Raider. And if Nix is who they really wanted in Denver, they proved it by taking him there.

Good for them in knowing what they want, being confident enough to pull the trigger, and give zero effs about what others say or think.
Love this post - my man.

• Love
Reactions: LGM