• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NE Patriots Roster

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some guys you just needed to watch them play, then weight the plays that matter above all others.
Not sure I get your point at least how it relates to him being in the HOF

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure JE is a HOF candidate.
I won't try to convince anyone who doubts his qualifications.

He has three rings and he's responsible for more than a passing thought for each. His ability to crank it up a notch in the playoffs is the thing that stands out above any other WR in NFL history, even Jerry Rice. Anyone remember the AFCCG against the Chiefs where he caught three passes on consecutive third downs to keep the Patriots moving and score the tying TD. Then getting two more in OT.

As one guy said last night, Brady has seven Super Bowl Rings and without Julius Edelman, he only have four.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don’t like the way it went down. Very impersonal. Very Belichick-like.
If you watch Edelman's retirement announcement I posted from twitter, it was done at night.

I posted it at 4:30 pm central, so 5:30 east coast.

Which means it was made at least the day before.

Make no mistake. Bill Jules and Robert all came to an agreement.
Julien desperately wanted to play this year and the Pats made plans to let him, or let him decide on his own.
Then they came up with a plan together and they set him up to collect up to $2mil extra.
How can that be seen as anything but the classiest thing they could do?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we still pretending Edelman was better than Calvin Johnson in here today?
Better DB?
Yes.
Better QB?
Yes.
Better returner, both KO and punt?
Yes.

Better wide receiver? Meh.

Better football player?
Oh Hell Yes.

Johnson quit.
Edelman would not quit while the wheels were falling off, he quit when he had skidded another 50 yards after the wheels went in opposite directions.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His point on Welker vs JE didn't factor 1 lone stat that spoke louder than any others... Julian made his catch, Welker did not.

True enough. Wes has been to four Super Bowls(three as a player and one as a coach) and lost all four. Yikes!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were there?????
Edelman says he can't do it. They fail the physical so he can collect on insurance.
You want them to come out and say to the insurance company, "Hey, I'm just retiring.?"
Nice avi change.
I tip my hat to you.

Yes, it's a blue ball cap with a red, white and blue Flying Elvis. '47 brand.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Welker left and Edelman's contract came due, I was the only one on here that liked Edelman.
I will not disagree with you for the simple fact that I did not come tome the hoop until Welker was already out the door.
But I've been on the JE11 train since the beginning.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His point on Welker vs JE didn't factor 1 lone stat that spoke louder than any others... Julian made his catch, Welker did not.
An easy catch that was dropped vs. an impossible catch that was not.

An easy catch that would win the game vs. an impossible catch just to keep them in the fight.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has three rings and he's responsible for more than a passing thought for each. His ability to crank it up a notch in the playoffs is the thing that stands out above any other WR in NFL history, even Jerry Rice. Anyone remember the AFCCG against the Chiefs where he caught three passes on consecutive third downs to keep the Patriots moving and score the tying TD. Then getting two more in OT.

As one guy said last night, Brady has seven Super Bowl Rings and without Julius Edelman, he only have four.
Maybe without Jules he doesn't get to four with the Pats and doesn't get to cherry pick another SB bound team to go to.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An easy catch that was dropped vs. an impossible catch that was not.

An easy catch that would win the game vs. an impossible catch just to keep them in the fight.
Not that it matters but. The Welker catch wasn't easy, but that wasn't the mistake. The mistake came a moment before while looking at a DB he was supposed to turn away from him and look for the ball. Instead he turned toward the DB, then need to get back to where the ball was thrown. Given the play, TB made a perfect throw and Welker went to the wrong spot.

On Jules' play, he went to the spot where he was supposed to be (along with three DBs), then won a fight for a ball that never should have been thrown.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that it matters but. The Welker catch wasn't easy, but that wasn't the mistake. The mistake came a moment before while looking at a DB he was supposed to turn away from him and look for the ball. Instead he turned toward the DB, then need to get back to where the ball was thrown. Given the play, TB made a perfect throw and Welker went to the wrong spot.

On Jules' play, he went to the spot where he was supposed to be (along with three DBs), then won a fight for a ball that never should have been thrown.
So...If Wes had done what he was supposed to, it would have been an easy catch and they would have won but Wes couldn't handle the pressure.

But JE11 overcame a ball that should not have been thrown, 3 DB's and a tipped ball and got up saying "Pressure? What's that? We don't even put pressure in our balls"

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You won't huh?

The Patriots players have three rings and one can easily argue Brady made JE great we have seen that to many times. And yes he has a fair amount of splash plays not sure across the board members and voters will see him as a HOF receiver.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You won't huh?

The Patriots players have three rings and one can easily argue Brady made JE great we have seen that to many times. And yes he has a fair amount of splash plays not sure across the board members and voters will see him as a HOF receiver.
You may be right but there have been emotional votes to put players in based on impact. Can anyone deny his impact?

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better DB?
Yes.
Better QB?
Yes.
Better returner, both KO and punt?
Yes.

Better wide receiver? Meh.

Better football player?
Oh Hell Yes.

Johnson quit.
Edelman would not quit while the wheels were falling off, he quit when he had skidded another 50 yards after the wheels went in opposite directions.
I’m just going to be honest with you here. If Edelman ended up on Detroit and spent his career there, you probably would have never even heard his name. He was amazing because he was the perfect guy in the perfect spot. But Calvin Johnson had some of the best raw tools ever. He was a freak. Hard to blame him for bailing on Detroit. Barry Sanders did the same. It’s where careers go to die.