• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NE Patriots Roster

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seriously need to remove Calvin Johnson from that list. He might have been the most dominant WR in the NFL when he played. Not his fault he played for the Lions. In just 4 seasons he had more yards and TD'S than Jules did in 12 years total.
Because your the only receiver on a team and get targeted 30 times a game, and you play for a loser may not be your fault but when you measure accomplishments against accomplishments, Jules was equally as good. AND

Calvin never returned punts, returned kickoffs, played CB, played Safety or threw a TD pass.

I don't want to get into a thirty reply pissing contest over who should and shouldn't be in the HOF. In today's NFL, taking a piss using one hand to hold your dick is considered newsworthy. Julian Edelman is a different breed of cat and what he's accomplish far outweighs just outrunning someone who's 8 inches shorter. Most guys would never have been able to take the hits that Jules, Pick themselves up, walk back to the huddle and then make a catch on the very next play. The majority of WRs would be in the blue tent getting their nose wiped.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's up for argument. There are a lot of WR in the hall that never played for a Championship team, were never the Super bowl MVP or made the catches at critical times in playoff games that Jules did. if Jules doesn't get consideration, not one of today's jamokes deserve it either.

Calvin Johnson
Chris Carter
Steve Largent
Hines Ward
Jimmy Smith

Jules didn't spend a lot of time in the end zone. He ws the guy that got the team to the end zone.
Did DC's game plan target Edelman?
Yes.
Did DC's frequently utter things like "you just can't contain him"
Yes.

When many a defensive game plan revolves around stopping one guy and that one guy is in the 100+ catch range year after year....
And he threw TD's.
And he played DB...quite well.
And he returned punts and KO's...quite well.
And he was a pillar in the playoffs.

HOF.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because your the only receiver on a team and get targeted 30 times a game, and you play for a loser may not be your fault but when you measure accomplishments against accomplishments, Jules was equally as good. AND

Calvin never returned punts, returned kickoffs, played CB, played Safety or threw a TD pass.

I don't want to get into a thirty reply pissing contest over who should and shouldn't be in the HOF. In today's NFL, taking a piss using one hand to hold your dick is considered newsworthy. Julian Edelman is a different breed of cat and what he's accomplish far outweighs just outrunning someone who's 8 inches shorter. Most guys would never have been able to take the hits that Jules, Pick themselves up, walk back to the huddle and then make a catch on the very next play. The majority of WRs would be in the blue tent getting their nose wiped.
Calvin was the BEST WR IN THE NFL. Why would you have him return punts or kickoffs????? How many pro bowls did Edelman play in??? None. He was an alternate once. How many times was he considered a top 5 WR for a season? None. He was great in Post Season games. He was clutch for the Patriots when we needed a catch. The Hall of Fame is for individual performances. Its not a team acknowledgement. Does every Patriot belong in the HOF because they played in 3 SuperBowls?

Plain and simple.....

HE DOES NOT BELONG IN THE HOF.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin was the BEST WR IN THE NFL. Why would you have him return punts or kickoffs????? How many pro bowls did Edelman play in??? None. He was an alternate once. How many times was he considered a top 5 WR for a season? None. He was great in Post Season games. He was clutch for the Patriots when we needed a catch. The Hall of Fame is for individual performances. Its not a team acknowledgement. Does every Patriot belong in the HOF because they played in 3 SuperBowls?

Plain and simple.....

Well, I can see your perspective.
But your perspective is wrong.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Plain and simple.....

Pro bowl is a popularity contest. Of course the flashy 6'5" guy is going to win over the 5'10" lunch pail carrying make up for it with work ethic guy.

How many seasons did Megatron help his team to the playoffs?
How many seasons did Minitron help his team to and through the playoffs?

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Calvin played for the Patriots he probably would have put numbers up consistently like Randy Moss monster TD season.

I guess time will tell. I hope Jules gets in. Just dont think he will.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did DC's game plan target Edelman?
Yes.
Did DC's frequently utter things like "you just can't contain him"
Yes.

When many a defensive game plan revolves around stopping one guy and that one guy is in the 100+ catch range year after year....
And he threw TD's.
And he played DB...quite well.
And he returned punts and KO's...quite well.
And he was a pillar in the playoffs.

HOF.

Patriots Hall of Fame for sure!

Actual Hall not sure... Hopefully but not sure

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a nice way to end that relationship. Classy.

I guess they stopped short of throwing all his belongings into the street, at least.
"Edelman announced the decision shortly after news broke that the Patriots had terminated his contract, citing a failed physical. It turns out the transaction was simply a precursor to Edelman's retirement announcement."

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we still pretending Edelman was better than Calvin Johnson in here today?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don’t like the way it went down. Very impersonal. Very Belichick-like.
You were there?????
Edelman says he can't do it. They fail the physical so he can collect on insurance.
You want them to come out and say to the insurance company, "Hey, I'm just retiring.?"

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were there?????
Edelman says he can't do it. They fail the physical so he can collect on insurance.
You want them to come out and say to the insurance company, "Hey, I'm just retiring.?"
I believe he was able to collect an additional 2 million from insurance because of how the Patriots handled it. They did him right.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Welker left and Edelman's contract came due, I was the only one on here that liked Edelman.
They said he was made of glass. Slot, slot, slot.
I said he could receive anywhere on the field.
He has exceeded all expectations and now a fan favorite.
What an amazing career! Let's show some respect and leave it at that

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dell, XPS with upgrades.
It's a hot rod actually, way more than I need.
I got some update to my McAfee protection and one of the very few times I just clicked "OK". Now I cannot see the preview to linked tweets and some websites tell me to disable add blocker to view them.
Something in the settings and I have no idea what. Googled it a bunch of times and cannot seem to figure out the issue. When my subscription is up I will probably go with another company so I can reboot it.
I install Norton and it's the best I've ever had. They constantly upgrade. Just me and i'm not a techie.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“By any measure of what constitutes an elite NFL career — wins, championships, production — Julian has it all,” Patriots coach Bill Belichick said in a statement. “Few players can match Julian’s achievements, period, but considering his professional trajectory and longevity, the group is even more select. It is historic. This is a tribute to his legendary competitiveness, mental and physical toughness and will to excel."

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You might as well be comparing Jules to John Hannah as Calvin Johnson. Not all players and players with the "same position" are comparable. First, Calvin was a monster and beast rolled into one. He had all the tangibles. Jules on the other hand had few tangibles and still succeeded. You can list his tangibles if you like but you'll find many players who can't pass a first cut have them. THAT is why he's a HOFer.