• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
60 bucks just on Phil isn't the craziest idea ever but why double up with lebron lol

I'm stunned he got those kind of odds on Phil.

Phil odds were crazy. Saw a few postings where people one big money on Phil alone

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to lie, I didn't understand the point of this mid season tournament when they first brought it up in 2019 and I still don't.....just seems pretty pointless
It just seems to me that they are admitting that they can’t keep people focused enough on the regular season. So now we are going to have a tournament to add something else for guys to load manage for? Makes no sense to me.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
60 bucks just on Phil isn't the craziest idea ever but why double up with lebron lol

I'm stunned he got those kind of odds on Phil.
Phil hasnt been great ....name value. But haant sniffed a good finish in a long time

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just seems to me that they are admitting that they can’t keep people focused enough on the regular season. So now we are going to have a tournament to add something else for guys to load manage for? Makes no sense to me.

I'd much rather baseball kill off games for a tournament. If it's stats that are the issue then count those as if they were regular season then.

Sports have to evolve with the times. It's not like football where every week is an event.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd much rather baseball kill off games for a tournament. If it's stats that are the issue then count those as if they were regular season then.

Sports have to evolve with the times. It's not like football where every week is an event.
No nothing is like football but there is no reason why every game still shouldn’t be an event.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No nothing is like football but there is no reason why every game still shouldn’t be an event.

To use Soccer as an example... the several mid season tournaments keep the fans engaged throughout the year. That's what sports like baseball and basketball see and with their exceptionally long season it gets a bit mundane.

Outside of fanatics people aren't regularly tuning in like they used to. Too easy to follow along without watching, too much else on, video games etc.

Those are real issues sports have to deal with.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To use Soccer as an example... the several mid season tournaments keep the fans engaged throughout the year. That's what sports like baseball and basketball see and with their exceptionally long season it gets a bit mundane.

Outside of fanatics people aren't regularly tuning in like they used to. Too easy to follow along without watching, too much else on, video games etc.

If the game itself can’t carry the sport it’s just a matter of time until they run out of gimmicky band aids.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The reason I love soccer, especially in the foreign leagues, is the concept of relegation.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the game itself can’t carry the sport it’s just a matter of time until they run out of gimmicky band aids.

No, it's about adjusting to how people consume their sports. Many people today, especially younger people, consume their sports differently than older folks. My son is in the age demographic that sports are trying to attract these days and he consumes most of any sports he watches through his phone and/or laptop.

It's kind of a Catch-22 for sports like baseball and basketball. People complain that the regular season is too long, but the leagues aren't going to play fewer games because they would lose money. I'm not sure that I like the idea of a tournament in the middle of the season, that seems like it might diminish the real championship. But, if done right, I can see where it could make the regular season more meaningful without cutting back on the overall number of games played.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's about adjusting to how people consume their sports. Many people today, especially younger people, consume their sports differently than older folks. My son is in the age demographic that sports are trying to attract these days and he consumes most of any sports he watches through his phone and/or laptop.

It's kind of a Catch-22 for sports like baseball and basketball. People complain that the regular season is too long, but the leagues aren't going to play fewer games because they would lose money. I'm not sure that I like the idea of a tournament in the middle of the season, that seems like it might diminish the real championship. But, if done right, I can see where it could make the regular season more meaningful without cutting back on the overall number of games played.

Make it for an auto bid maybe. Idk

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe turn the ball girls into strippers?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make it for an auto bid maybe. Idk

Yeah, to me, that's the issue of a mid-season tournament. What reward can you give a team that doesn't diminish the end of season playoffs and championship, but will still be important enough that contending teams won't want to load manage their stars during it?