• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well deserved.

Not because of posting the party. But because he absolutely sucks at this job. They really let go of T-Mac for him. ESPN is dumb as shit. Their best NBA people are the ones that do The Jump and Tim Legler, yet they always put their worst ones on the big games (Pierce, Jay Williams, and Jalen Rose)
Honestly not even sure what his role is now but if it's a step up for what he's doing I'd love if Jefferson took Pierce's place.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean- Schroeder is going to get between 22-25 million a year

everyone in the NBA is getting "overpaid" once they hit free agency and if they are good. Especially when you are already over the cap and cant sign someone it doesnt really matter.
Yep...pretty much only guys who do not get overpaid are true max guys and those who sign exceptions or vet minimums.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben McLemore to the Lakers.

Interesting. I've had an eye on him as a possible cheap addition to the bench once his early hype faded, maybe he can bring the shooting that Wes Matthews isn't. However, his shooting has dropped off this year too, so who knows.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@msgkings322

The article is interesting. I'm not pretending I'm smarter or know more about hoops than Kerr. He's forgotten more than I'll ever know. He's a championship coach, championship player, former GM and former NBA Analyst. He's worn every hat and along the way received knowledge that I will never be able to get.

The article mentions that you can't just force players minutes to get them experience and develop. This may be true for some players, but coming into this draft Wiseman had the smallest amount of actual court time of any of the players drafted. Wiseman played 4 games in college. At some point you need to get him court time.

It's Kerr's inconsistency that baffles me. Here's what Steve Kerr said on March 5th, right before he moved Wiseman back into the lineup:

“The last couple of weeks, his minutes have been down a little bit,” said Kerr, who moved Wiseman into a bench role in late January after starting him the first 16 games of the season. “We’ve really been in a mode here where we’ve kind of given him the slot minutes at the end of the first (quarter) and the end of the third (quarter), and then, if he’s earned more, we’ve put him out there for more.

“But where we are right now, he needs to play more. There’s no doubt we’ve got to develop him. And I would say over the last couple of weeks, he has not played as much as he will.”

I mean Kerr previously acknowledged that he needed to play Wiseman more to help him develop, but all of a sudden now he's got to earn all time. He cites he needs Summer League and Training camp next year to improve. What do those have in common? Court time. Real in game learning in addition to practices.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean- Schroeder is going to get between 22-25 million a year

everyone in the NBA is getting "overpaid" once they hit free agency and if they are good. Especially when you are already over the cap and cant sign someone it doesnt really matter.

Sure, but is Jrue worth Schroder x2? He's going to be 31, so he's topped out right now in terms of ability. Kinda funny that he called himself a "Buck for life"; his life started a few months ago apparently?

I'd rather have either player for their 27-31 age years than their 31-35 years, and those later years come at almost 2x.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly not even sure what his role is now but if it's a step up for what he's doing I'd love if Jefferson took Pierce's place.

Jefferson should be on their main show. He's polished on camera, which is a step up from 90% of their other NBA analyst (seriously, NBA has a ton of awkward guys on camera for some reason). Tim Legler is their best Xs and Os guy as well. Both should be used way more. Matt Barnes is pretty decent. Same for Chiney Ogumike, The rest aren't good (Jay Williams, Jalen Rose, Perk). Jury is still on Vince Carter since he's new to TV but it ain't looking good right now.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jefferson should be on their main show. He's polished on camera, which is a step up from 90% of their other NBA analyst (seriously, NBA has a ton of awkward guys on camera for some reason). Tim Legler is their best Xs and Os guy as well. Both should be used way more. Matt Barnes is pretty decent. Same for Chiney Ogumike, The rest aren't good (Jay Williams, Jalen Rose, Perk). Jury is still on Vince Carter since he's new to TV but it ain't looking good right now.

They need Candace Parker. Buy her out from TNT and make her your prime time analysts. She's fantastic.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What choice do they have?

At this point they painted themselves into a corner, but signing a peaked (or declining) player to a 160M contract is guaranteed to bring diminishing returns (unless you can find a trade for him in the next year or so). Extending Brogdon would've been the better move IMO, but that's moot now anyway.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. I've had an eye on him as a possible cheap addition to the bench once his early hype faded, maybe he can bring the shooting that Wes Matthews isn't. However, his shooting has dropped off this year too, so who knows.
He's only 28....and a career 36% shooter on 3's and a guy who can get hot and score.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben McLemore to the Lakers.

I'm not sure this helps at all but there's nothing left on the market and I doubt any more buyouts happen. He's had a couple of bright spots with Houston a couple years ago but its telling that he was still available even with those bright spots. He's not a good defender. He can't get his own shot. He's a streaky 3 point shooter. The Lakers desperately need shooting, they are trash shooting 3s, especially right now. So you're hoping McLemore can shoot around that 40% number he did when playing with two stars (Russ and Harden) and not like the 35% he has most of his career.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need Candace Parker. Buy her out from TNT and make her your prime time analysts. She's fantastic.

She's really good but I doubt TNT lets her go. ESPN would be smart to give her a big offer though. They have the benefit of being able to offer her the chance to do the womens game (Both WNBA and college) and the NBA. Maybe that would appeal to her more

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The article had a lot of good points. Most of which were centered around Lonzo's improvement in all facets and his age. My biggest concern would be the pressure that would be on him again.

I don't know if his issues with the Lakers were because of the pressure of being presented to fans as a "savior", a young player being slow to develop, the injuries he had or all 3. If it was just him being slow to develop/injuries, then it could be a really good move.

But if it was the pressure...that could be a problem. Although much of it would be relieved by Lebron and AD being on the team.

I had low key hoped that the players in the AD trade would flounder and make their way back to the Lakers, but Randle and BI have flourished. I don't understand why the Pels aren't extending Ball, and he would be definitely worth a look if Schroder does walk. Pels need to make a decision on Hart too; will they give him the QO?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure this helps at all but there's nothing left on the market and I doubt any more buyouts happen. He's had a couple of bright spots with Houston a couple years ago but its telling that he was still available even with those bright spots. He's not a good defender. He can't get his own shot. He's a streaky 3 point shooter. The Lakers desperately need shooting, they are trash shooting 3s, especially right now. So you're hoping McLemore can shoot around that 40% number he did when playing with two stars (Russ and Harden) and not like the 35% he has most of his career.

Yep. Gotta think they were waiting on Otto Porter, but he still hasn't been bought out yet. Friday is the deadline I believe?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If h

Of course he cares or else he would have teamed up with Lebron.

There are probably a lot of reasons he didn’t team up with LeBron.

Teaming up with Jimmy Butler is not the same thing. Not even close to the same.

Nobody thinks Jimmy Butler is a better player than Kawhi.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point they painted themselves into a corner, but signing a peaked (or declining) player to a 160M contract is guaranteed to bring diminishing returns (unless you can find a trade for him in the next year or so). Extending Brogdon would've been the better move IMO, but that's moot now anyway.

I agree they should have extended Brogdon.

But once they got Jrue, they had to pay Jrue. Because if he walks, they are replacing him with a far inferior player.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've liked RJ in this type of role since they gave him work to do as a player on broadcasts. Good peronality. Funny. Can poke fun of himself when warranted.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,225.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid going to take a big step towards reclaiming the mvp award tonight.