• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that's crazy talk. Wait a minute, did I just agree with Screamin' A? Oh shit, there goes the planet! <----shoutout to Spaceballs. LaMelo was a having a damn good rookie year before the injury bug got him. But no way is he better than those four players.

...at the same point in their careers? Maybe.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it’s more about the credit than the leadership then. In Toronto, Lowry and Nurse were the leaders and Pops for San Antonio but Kawhi was viewed as the best player and got most of the credit for winning.

That's where I think you're on to something. He got a lot of credit with the Spurs and almost all of it with the Raptors. So I could see where that could be a potential issue.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expecting Rondo to be a full time starter and the team leader may be a worse idea. He's a worthwhile addition, but I think they're expecting too much.

Yeah, it's interesting. Rondo was a leader with the Lakers (especially for the bench), but Lebron, of course, was THE leader. Not sure how it will play out on the Clips with Rondo being the only leader.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Jrue signing will come back to bite the Bucks hard IMO. Overpay for sure.
i mean- Schroeder is going to get between 22-25 million a year

everyone in the NBA is getting "overpaid" once they hit free agency and if they are good. Especially when you are already over the cap and cant sign someone it doesnt really matter.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta disagree with that one. It may not be as evident with Lebron out, but Schroder is a great fit and should be extended IMO. If you're fishing for another piece, Kuzma and KCP should be the bait IMO (if that interests anyone). The core of Lebron/AD/Schroder/THT and probably Montrezl should be considered set, with everyone else fighting to keep their spot (or moved for better fits) this offseason. I don't expect Drummond to stay unless he commits to a much lower salary (and his fit when the team is 100% healthy remains to be seen).

The article had a lot of good points. Most of which were centered around Lonzo's improvement in all facets and his age. My biggest concern would be the pressure that would be on him again.

I don't know if his issues with the Lakers were because of the pressure of being presented to fans as a "savior", a young player being slow to develop, the injuries he had or all 3. If it was just him being slow to develop/injuries, then it could be a really good move.

But if it was the pressure...that could be a problem. Although much of it would be relieved by Lebron and AD being on the team.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everyone in the NBA is getting "overpaid" once they hit free agency and if they are good. Especially when you are already over the cap and cant sign someone it doesnt really matter.

That's why the Cavs paid TT the money they paid him. It seems that in the NBA, if you're good player on a team that lacks cap space...you're getting paid.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean- Schroeder is going to get between 22-25 million a year

Jrue was going to get 35 mil annually wherever he signed. His current contract got him 25 or so yearly so even if they overpaid, it wasn't by much imo

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...at the same point in their careers? Maybe.

Since you mentioned same point in their careers looked up some info because I got nothing else to do at the moment. Simmons doesn't count because he sat out his rookie year. LaMelo is obvioulsy out right now with that broken wrist, so far he's missed 8 games. Booker missed 6 his rookie year. Mitchell missed 3. And Tatum missed 2. I hope LeMelo's injury isn't a sign of things to come for him, injury bug kinda stuff. What Hornets games I watched this year that kid is exciting.

Booker: 13.8 / 2.5 / 2.6 / 0.6 (.498 / .367 / .840)
Mitchell: 20.5 / 3.7 / 3.7 / 1.5 (.437 / .340 / .805)
Tatum: 13.9 / 5.0 / 1.6 / 1.0 (.475 / .434 / .826)

LaMelo: 15.9 / 5.9 / 6.1 / 1.6 (50.3% from the field, .375 from downtown, .789 FT)

I knew LaMelo was having a great rookie year, but damn. After seeing the comparion my # 10,843 was wrong. It's not asinine to compare LaMelo to those players as rookies. This was the first time all season I looked Ball's stats up.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If h

Of course he cares

An article from the-athletic.-com

Improper requests, an investigation, and a superstar chase that went sideways: the untold stories from Kawhi Leonard's free agency that left the Lakers fuming (12/23/19)

AD2022MVP

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The article had a lot of good points. Most of which were centered around Lonzo's improvement in all facets and his age. My biggest concern would be the pressure that would be on him again.

I don't know if his issues with the Lakers were because of the pressure of being presented to fans as a "savior", a young player being slow to develop, the injuries he had or all 3. If it was just him being slow to develop/injuries, then it could be a really good move.

But if it was the pressure...that could be a problem. Although much of it would be relieved by Lebron and AD being on the team.

With his ability to guard wings, I think he’s worth a shot trying to trade for him since Schroder is obviously not staying. Would you pull the trigger on a trade for Ball?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i had ot choose one of Garland or Sexton i think i would take Garland.

Cavs need to lose though- they cant make hte playoffs. They need one more guy before they start to turn the corner.

Suggs or Green or Mobley ------

they had some great lotto luck years back but hte last couple years its been shit. Just one time they need to get a little lucky and they can move on to that next phase.
tough call. Sexton seems to have had a better 1st and 2nd season than Garland did his first 2. Garland definitely the better height for his position of PG assuming Sexton will be SG permanently.

agree we've come this far....no reason not to get as many combos as possible.