• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot fathom how someone would call Russ soft.

Poor shot selection at times sure but he will play with reckless abandon and throw in with bigs for boards all game long.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their execution is as good as it gets for any era, imo.

I watched the number 1 defensive team in the country throw every defensive trick they had at Gonzaga last night and none of it mattered. USC's first 3 opponents shot something like 32% combined from the field. The Zags shot 50% and that's actually 5% lower than what they shot over their first 3 games.

USC was able to confuse/slow them enough to get a couple of 8-0 runs, but that was it. The Zags would adjust and go right back to controlling the game.

I agree.

They might be the best offensive college team ever.

The reason they probably can’t be in the overall GOAT conversation is because their competition is relatively weak compared to previous eras.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

The reason they probably can’t be in the overall GOAT conversation is because their competition is relatively weak compared to previous eras.

Yea i mean if Jalen Suggs played 3 years of college we could talk. I get that the kids are more ready now than then but high level college ball cannot be replicated any other way.

But this Zags team is all time special regardless. They are building a powerhouse there. And Mark Few can actually coach unlike Calipari.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suggs would look good in a thunder jersey

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope 'Dre posts 20 points and 10-plus rebounds tonight.....Kuz and Schroder can use the low post threat.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot fathom how someone would call Russ soft.

Poor shot selection at times sure but he will play with reckless abandon and throw in with bigs for boards all game long.

Someone who doesn't know the definition of soft. I appreciated Russ response. It was well thought out. He didn't even trash SAS

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have always know that. I was saying that while many in here were pushing for him to get MVP his first triple double year.

However, his response was awesome. I totally agree with him. Russ may have been ranked among superstars because of his stat line, but that isn’t Russ’ fault. He should be happy with what he has achieved in his basketball life.

Oh no doubt. But at the same note, when you make over $200 million, you're going to get some criticism when your team success is mediocre.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Cousins in 10 day contract territory is scary. Those guys dont last very long at his age.

There are some teams that could really use him. I know the Celtics were supposedly interested so I don't know what went wrong there.

But to take a 10 day to become a 3rd string Center just doesn't make sense.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have always know that. I was saying that while many in here were pushing for him to get MVP his first triple double year.

However, his response was awesome. I totally agree with him. Russ may have been ranked among superstars because of his stat line, but that isn’t Russ’ fault. He should be happy with what he has achieved in his basketball life.

Can't win with people. There are 3 ways to handle highly critical comments.

1) Ignore it. This is usually the Lebron approach

2) Respond in a childish/sensitive way. The Kevin Durant/James Harden approach

3) Respond in a mature way as Russ did

Options 1 & 3 are always great imo

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

Yeah, I posted somewhere else (maybe upthread) outside of the first few minutes when they looked like deer in headlights, USC didn't play that bad. It certainly wasn't their best game (Gonzaga had a fair amount to do with that), but they would have beaten a lot of other teams last night. Gonzaga is just that good.

Agree too that their level of competition hurts them, but what they're doing in this tournament, to really good teams, makes up for it a good bit if they win it all. They're not just blowing out the teams they're supposed to blow out. They're blowing out the teams that are supposed to be able to give them a run too.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out Barkleys sixer teams and get back to me
Barkley played with Malone and Irving at the beginning of his career for a couple of years a piece. Who has he had afterwards? Are you telling me that Chuck has had the same level of total talent over the same length that Westbrook has?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no doubt. But at the same note, when you make over $200 million, you're going to get some criticism when your team success is mediocre.

I'm ok with that but when you really sit and break it down, the 2 years with pg wasn't a russ issue. Never forget in a win or go home game vs Utah, playoffs p not only showed up on offense but Joe Ingles gave him the work on defense as well.

The years that Russ teams were title contenders, there were always teams better than them.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we really going to ignore that Harden laid a damn egg in the finals vs Miami while Russ and KD balled out? Are we really acting like KD was at fault as much as Russ for the collapse vs the Warriors? Are we really acting like playoffs p wasn't playing like crap in his 2 playoffs series with the Thunder? C'mon now with this blame russ for everything crap