• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we really going to ignore that Harden laid a damn egg in the finals vs Miami while Russ and KD balled out? Are we really acting like KD was at fault as much as Russ for the collapse vs the Warriors? Are we really acting like playoffs p wasn't playing like crap in his 2 playoffs series with the Thunder? C'mon now with this blame russ for everything crap

lol

Why so defensive? No one is solely blaming him for anything. The dude has laid plenty of eggs in big moments and hasn't won near as much as he should have given the level of talent he's played with.

No one has said KD wasn't at fault, but we all also saw Westbrick making out of control drives to the basket and throwing up wild 3's while ignoring his teammates.

And as I posted earlier...just because he's not soft on the court, doesn't mean his isn't soft off the court.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Why so defensive? No one is solely blaming him for anything. The dude has laid plenty of eggs in big moments and hasn't won near as much as he should have given the level of talent he's played with.

No one has said KD wasn't at fault, but we all also saw Westbrick making out of control drives to the basket and throwing up wild 3's while ignoring his teammates.

And as I posted earlier...just because he's not soft on the court, doesn't mean his isn't soft off the court.

Sounds like you didnt see anything SAS said

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Basically this.

The main emphasis is you don't see any real improvement from Westbrook's game. It's the same thing every year - relying on elite athleticism. There's no refinement or improvement in some basic areas like shooting as an example. This is where Stephen A. was going in his criticism. Sure, none of Russ's teammates have been perfect. Hell, Wade could've had 4 rings if it weren't for Lebron in 2011 (see where I'm going?). But when you look at Russ' career, the players he's played with and the results he's had, the criticism is warranted.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we really going to ignore that Harden laid a damn egg in the finals vs Miami while Russ and KD balled out? Are we really acting like KD was at fault as much as Russ for the collapse vs the Warriors? Are we really acting like playoffs p wasn't playing like crap in his 2 playoffs series with the Thunder? C'mon now with this blame russ for everything crap
Exactly. If he ever went to a team as a part of a big 3 like Harden in BK or James, Wade and Bosh in Miami? He'd have a real chance at winning.

Hell, even like a Cavs team with James and Love where Love was the clear #3.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree with SAS on RW needing to improve his 3% (think it's like 32% career I believe), that's about all I agree with him on.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, it's just a matter of how far down you want to drill. He's only a part of the deal for Allen, so I didn't go that far.
I wouldn't either. But even if it's just Kyrie for Sexton and Nance I don't think we lost....especially when you consider the team who acquired Kyrie couldn't wait for him to leave.

I get why the Cs did it and probably any team would have in their shoes at the time......but with hindsight I'm confident they'd undo that deal if they could.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley played with Malone and Irving at the beginning of his career for a couple of years a piece. Who has he had afterwards? Are you telling me that Chuck has had the same level of total talent over the same length that Westbrook has?

Ummm clyde drexler and hakeem who had just won a title?

Yes. I am saying Charles Barkley has had the same amount of talent. Please tell me you arent saying Bradley Beal eclipses anything Barkley played with. Including Phoenix.

KD is the best player (considering prime) but the Thunder issue was always finding a guy to hit a shot besides them two.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree with SAS on RW needing to improve his 3% (think it's like 32% career I believe), that's about all I agree with him on.

Hes not a great 3 point shooter. Not an issue if he plays within himself. Which he has not done at times.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont even know what that means.

it didn't even make sense. Russ isn't even a sensitive guy. He was asked a question and gave a great response and he likely will never address it again but that somehow makes him soft

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen A out here blaming russ for losing to Harden and the Rockets in 2016-2017....that thunder team had no business in the playoffs.

Russ getting them a 6th seed in the west was hell of an accomplishment

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He isn't even a career 32% shooter from downtown, he's .305. He's in this 13th season. Seven times his 3 point % for a season has been below 30%. And his best % in a season is .343 ('16-'17 season). He really needs to stop shooting 3's. He's not good at it.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it didn't even make sense. Russ isn't even a sensitive guy. He was asked a question and gave a great response and he likely will never address it again but that somehow makes him soft

I know Russ wanted to run it back with KD after coming so close to beating an all time type team. They had GS on the ropes. If they make the finals who knows what happens with the Cavs. They definitely would've beaten a couple of those Cavs teams (the first final team and the last). Outside of that roster (they had no realistic shot against Miami they were too young) when else did they have a good chance? KD and Russ took turns being injured two separate years. I guess we all forget that.

Just a random comment from SAS. No one thinks this Wizards team is good enough to compete for shit.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Russ wanted to run it back with KD after coming so close to beating an all time type team. They had GS on the ropes. If they make the finals who knows what happens with the Cavs. They definitely would've beaten a couple of those Cavs teams (the first final team and the last). Outside of that roster (they had no realistic shot against Miami they were too young) when else did they have a good chance? KD and Russ took turns being injured two separate years. I guess we all forget that.

Just a random comment from SAS. No one thinks this Wizards team is good enough to compete for shit.

SAS beef seems to be his teams lack of playoffs success in OKC after KD left

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul George had 5 points on 2-16 shooting in game 6 vs Utah in 2018. Russ had 46

Utah won that game by 5 and eliminated that thunder but let's blame russ according to SAS lol

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SAS beef seems to be his teams lack of playoffs success in OKC after KD left

A couple disappointing teams for sure. As far as Russ goes I don't think he has ever been a guy that can be the 1 and you win a title. if that's SAS point then so be it. I don't know that Russ has ever really behaved as if he is the guy that could carry a team to a title. There's like five players like that in the history of basketball lol. KD doesn't have the will to do it. Russ's jumper just isn't good enough. He has all the other tools.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul George had 5 points on 2-16 shooting in game 6 vs Utah in 2018. Russ had 46

Utah won that game by 5 and eliminated that thunder but let's blame russ according to SAS lol
and call him soft....but wait, maybe he's soft off the court?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple disappointing teams for sure. As far as Russ goes I don't think he has ever been a guy that can be the 1 and you win a title. if that's SAS point then so be it. I don't know that Russ has ever really behaved as if he is the guy that could carry a team to a title. There's like five players like that in the history of basketball lol. KD doesn't have the will to do it. Russ's jumper just isn't good enough. He has all the other tools.

The Utah series was unacceptable but that's on everyone. It also wasn't a great roster after you got past the big names.

They had Corey Brewer starting. The bench was crappy outside of Jerami Grant but that Utah series is the one they probably should have win.

That 2017 team was never going to beat the Rockets in a series