• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2017 Thunder started Taj Gibson, Robertson, and Adams w/Russ and Oladipo.

Primary bench rotation was Abrines, Kanter, McDermott, and Grant. That shouldn't be a playoffs team

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen A confused me by bringing up Ibaka and Reggie Jackson as great players he played with because now you make it seem like they should have won a title during the Durant years. As @Stakesarehigh said, they were too young against Miami and dealt with injuries in a few of the other seasons to KD and Russ....so that leaves 1 of 2 things. You're blaming Russ for losing to Miami in 12 or Warriors in 16

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen A confused me by bringing up Ibaka and Reggie Jackson as great players he played with because now you make it seem like they should have won a title during the Durant years. As @Stakesarehigh said, they were too young against Miami and dealt with injuries in a few of the other seasons to KD and Russ....so that leaves 1 of 2 things. You're blaming Russ for losing to Miami in 12 or Warriors in 16

They also lost to eventual champs SA in 2014. Both KD and Russ deserve blame for 16. I tend to blame KD a little more because of his horrible play in the stretch of game 6. But one stayed to fight again and one didn't. We all know which is which. So if Russ went to GS (I understand his fit there sucks but let's pretend) and wins a championship he's a better winner than KD if KD stayed?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SAS is right about Drummond.

He can help you win without the ball in his hands. Elite rebounder and a good defender.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no doubt. But at the same note, when you make over $200 million, you're going to get some criticism when your team success is mediocre.

And he knows that. I don’t think he is running from criticism, just responding to it.

I am no Russ fan, but I respect his approach and his work ethic.

How many players who do have rings would gladly trade resumes with Russ? My guess is a lot.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he knows that. I don’t think he is running from criticism, just responding to it.

How many players who do have rings would gladly trade resumes with Russ? My guess is a lot.
This.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like you didnt see anything SAS said

I didn't. I don't watch Screamin' A. I wasn't talking about his comments. I was talking about the ones in this thread. No one in this thread was saying any of those things.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2017 Thunder started Taj Gibson, Robertson, and Adams w/Russ and Oladipo.

Primary bench rotation was Abrines, Kanter, McDermott, and Grant. That shouldn't be a playoffs team
Lots of good Thunder coverage tonight. FYI tonight we are starting Maledon, Mhailuk, Brown, Roby and Williams against the Raptors.

ElPatron1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Why so defensive? No one is solely blaming him for anything. The dude has laid plenty of eggs in big moments and hasn't won near as much as he should have given the level of talent he's played with.

No one has said KD wasn't at fault, but we all also saw Westbrick making out of control drives to the basket and throwing up wild 3's while ignoring his teammates.

And as I posted earlier...just because he's not soft on the court, doesn't mean his isn't soft off the court.
Westbrook typically gets exposed in the playoffs too. He is more of a hustle vs talent type of player which gets exposed in the playoffs. Def a chucker and ball hog no matter how bad he is shooting.

I think Harden is a superior player, he just can’t be THEE guy, but he is a great 2nd best player.

When OKC fell apart, it was because they let go of Harden, not because they kept Westbrook.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook typically gets exposed in the playoffs too. He is more of a hustle vs talent type of player which gets exposed in the playoffs. Def a chucker and ball hog no matter how bad he is shooting.

I think Harden is a superior player, he just can’t be THEE guy, but he is a great 2nd best player.

When OKC fell apart, it was because they let go of Harden, not because they kept Westbrook.
Some of this after the fact stuff is hilarious. You call Westbrook a hustle player, which is certainly not a bad thing. A lot of the things said of Westbrook are true, but make no mistake about one thing, he might be the best pure athlete to ever play in the league. As for Harden, please, his act was never going to last in OKC, be impressed with him if you want.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree with all of that except he is incredibly talented.

Westbrook is probably my favorite non-Lakers player to watch. Folks can say what they want (and I've said plenty lol), but no one plays harder than Westbrook. He's the one player I can honestly say that I've never seen take a play off.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. If he ever went to a team as a part of a big 3 like Harden in BK or James, Wade and Bosh in Miami? He'd have a real chance at winning.

Hell, even like a Cavs team with James and Love where Love was the clear #3.

Or like he had in OKC with himself, KD and Harden?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are we talking players of his caliber say a Kyrie Irving, AD, etc...? Because if so, I'll disagree. Now, if we're talking about a guy like Danny Green, sure. But then what are we proving here?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm clyde drexler and hakeem who had just won a title?

Yes. I am saying Charles Barkley has had the same amount of talent. Please tell me you arent saying Bradley Beal eclipses anything Barkley played with. Including Phoenix.

KD is the best player (considering prime) but the Thunder issue was always finding a guy to hit a shot besides them two.
Really? Clyde Drexler and Hakeem were near the end of their careers at that point and Barkley wasn't exactly in his prime either.

Russ played with KD, Harden (twice), Beal and PG. He's played with plenty of great players in his career. I'm glad you picked Beal out of all of the all-star players and ignored the others.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we talking players of his caliber say a Kyrie Irving, AD, etc...? Because if so, I'll disagree. Now, if we're talking about a guy like Danny Green, sure. But then what are we proving here?

I didn’t put a talent qualifier on it for a reason. most players would be ecstatic with an MVP and a $200 million title-less contract.

Are you sure Kyrie wouldn’t trade his ring for an MVP award? I’m not.

Of course he wouldn’t admit that publicly, but honestly a tough call there.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had no idea the Kings are so close to a playoffs spot after their win streak.

1 game behind the Warriors for 10th and 2.5 gb the spurs for 8th

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t put a talent qualifier on it for a reason. most players would be ecstatic with an MVP and a $200 million title-less contract.

Are you sure Kyrie wouldn’t trade his ring for an MVP award? I’m not.

Of course he wouldn’t admit that publicly, but honestly a tough call there.
Ok, new criteria - an all-star who's not likely clinically insane.