• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know how many great players don't win titles? That's why Stephen A comments was so shitty. I don't Russ had an issue about his other comments. The title comments was just bad because he's the same one who gets mad when superteams are built. Can't have it both ways.

We can name a lot of great players that didn't win a title like Patrick Ewing and Charles Barkley. But as it relates to those two, how many great players did they play with? Those guys also carried their teams respectively and both came very close to winning a title. Can you say that those two played with the same caliber of players over the entirety of their career that Russ had? Because I don't see it. Again, where's Stephen A. wrong? Because Russ hasn't come close to winning a title and when has he carried a team the way the aforementioned players have?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The title comments was just bad because he's the same one who gets mad when superteams are built. Can't have it both ways.

Sure you can. Someone can not like superteams and still criticize a player for not winning when he's on one and is one of the main players that makes it one. In fact, I'd think it would be one of the main reasons for the criticism.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,209.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know how many great players don't win titles? That's why Stephen A comments was so shitty. I don't Russ had an issue about his other comments. The title comments was just bad because he's the same one who gets mad when superteams are built. Can't have it both ways.
Barkley, Ewing, etc.

Lots.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ewing and Barkley also get plenty of criticism for never winning a title also, and neither had the help throughout their careers that Westbrook has. But go on.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook is soft. Stephen A. didn't say anything offensive or untrue about Westbrook. Facts are facts, Westbrook's game has never changed and he's always put up stats. But it's never translated to winning. I knew Russ had played with some talent, but when Stephen A. listed all of the players that Westbrook has had as teammates, you can't say that Westbrook has never had any help; he's had a ton of help.
sure he has, but has he been the reason they lost when his teams were close? Didn't that Durant fellow have an awful last couple games vs. GS before he joined GS (really don't remember for certain, but thought was the case).

westbrook soft, though? THAT is post of the year material.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ewing and Barkley also get plenty of criticism for never winning a title also, and neither had the help throughout their careers that Westbrook has. But go on.
Did they have a 73 win team who added their best teammate in their way?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol the only time you can sort of blame russ is the years with pg and even then i wouldnt blame him as PG went MIA. Putting the blame only on him for the thunder not being able to beat those Warriors team or that 2012 Heat team is crappy. Those teams were simply better....also Serge Ibaka and Reggie Jackson are from great players
Biggest LOL IMO was calling Russ soft.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they have a 73 win team who added their best teammate in their way?
Are you asking that question because you don't know, or just to be a dick?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said on the other thread, this is as good as any team in the 1 and done era. They will never measure up to teams from the 80s when everybody had superstars stay for 3+ years, but what they are doing is impressive as hell.

Pretty much what i meant. You cant compete with a team with Grant Hill as a junior for example but its as good as it gets for this era.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Check out Barkleys sixer teams and get back to me

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can it be neither.....or both?

did you not answer because you didn't know or wanted to be a dick?
It can't be neither, but it can be both.

You know I like trolling you back.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said on the other thread, this is as good as any team in the 1 and done era. They will never measure up to teams from the 80s when everybody had superstars stay for 3+ years, but what they are doing is impressive as hell.

Pretty much what i meant. You cant compete with a team with Grant Hill as a junior for example but its as good as it gets for this era.

Their execution is as good as it gets for any era, imo.

I watched the number 1 defensive team in the country throw every defensive trick they had at Gonzaga last night and none of it mattered. USC's first 3 opponents shot something like 32% combined from the field. The Zags shot 50% and that's actually 5% lower than what they shot over their first 3 games.

USC was able to confuse/slow them enough to get a couple of 8-0 runs, but that was it. The Zags would adjust and go right back to controlling the game.

Last edited:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well by your logic don't we get to mention Exum used in the deal for Allen? They also acquired the Bucks' #1 pick used in that deal as well (and altman acquired it in his trade of Hill).
Sure, it's just a matter of how far down you want to drill. He's only a part of the deal for Allen, so I didn't go that far.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook is soft. Stephen A. didn't say anything offensive or untrue about Westbrook. Facts are facts, Westbrook's game has never changed and he's always put up stats. But it's never translated to winning. I knew Russ had played with some talent, but when Stephen A. listed all of the players that Westbrook has had as teammates, you can't say that Westbrook has never had any help; he's had a ton of help.

We have always know that. I was saying that while many in here were pushing for him to get MVP his first triple double year.

However, his response was awesome. I totally agree with him. Russ may have been ranked among superstars because of his stat line, but that isn’t Russ’ fault. He should be happy with what he has achieved in his basketball life.