• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's an interesting question because it's not like Wiseman is playing poorly and he provides the Warriors some of the size they lack. So I doubt the Warriors are unhappy with him in any way.

But, LaMelo looks like he might be special. Plus, his style seems like it would fit the Warriors well.
i def. think so

I mean especially after the knew Klay's issues.

I guess the issue is if you could play Ball, Klay and Curry together next year---- which actually seeing Ball distribute to those 2 would be pretty crazy---- the question would be defensively.

They shouldve got some cheap decent bigs if you ask me. I think they should trade Oubre for a Tucker or something like that.

but Ball looks like the one thing in this draft that could be elite- its super early- with no summer league, bascially no pre-season- so its just so early.

Okoro on the Cavs was 19- has had some really rough offensive games- but considering he was a teenager with no summer league, no preseason, and thrown right in the fire it isnt a huge surprise- its the smae with most prospects this draft.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't usually agree with skip but i do here

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't usually agree with skip but i do here

I don’t agree.

Lakers, Clippers and 6ers have enough to beat the Nets when the Nets are playing relatively well.

Not saying any of those teams are better, but let’s not act like the Nets are the 2017 Warriors.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t agree.

Lakers, Clippers and 6ers have enough to beat the Nets when the Nets are playing relatively well.

Not saying any of those teams are better, but let’s not act like the Nets are the 2017 Warriors.

Lakers are the only one i agree with. The other 2 aren't beating them 4 out of 7 once the nets continue to play avg defense

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawhi shooting 28% in clutch time this year. If the Clippers lose I think we need to stop just blaming PG. Kawhi is the best player, a star and should be the leader. Hard to be a leader when you don’t speak up. If this thing doesn’t work...most of the blame should go on him. Not the coach, not the chemistry but the leader...yeah there is more to it than that but how will it look it he leaves after this year after wanting to play with PG in LA and not winning a thing. I think forcing his way out in SA was not good for him but I also think leaving Toronto where everything was great was also a really poor decision if you want to win. We will see

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think leaving Toronto where everything was great was also a really poor decision if you want to win. We will see
It was insane but he wanted to go home. Don't hold it against him but I don't think we've seen the Toronto Kawhi since he left. That guy was fucking ruthless.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawhi shooting 28% in clutch time this year. If the Clippers lose I think we need to stop just blaming PG. Kawhi is the best player, a star and should be the leader. Hard to be a leader when you don’t speak up. If this thing doesn’t work...most of the blame should go on him. Not the coach, not the chemistry but the leader...yeah there is more to it than that but how will it look it he leaves after this year after wanting to play with PG in LA and not winning a thing. I think forcing his way out in SA was not good for him but I also think leaving Toronto where everything was great was also a really poor decision if you want to win. We will see

I forget who was talking about this yesterday, but they made a really good point. Kawhi is a superstar caliber player, but he's not a leader. Leaders either lead by being vocal, or by example.

Kawhi does neither. He doesn't really talk and has his own trainers, medical staff, etc. A basketball mercenary, so to speak.

Basically, he's the guy that can put you over the top if you already have a culture established...but he's not the guy who's going to come in and change your culture. It's not who he is.

So, while I agree that he deserves a share of the blame. You can also put a good bit on the Clippers for expecting him to be something he's not.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i def. think so

I mean especially after the knew Klay's issues.

I guess the issue is if you could play Ball, Klay and Curry together next year---- which actually seeing Ball distribute to those 2 would be pretty crazy---- the question would be defensively.

They shouldve got some cheap decent bigs if you ask me. I think they should trade Oubre for a Tucker or something like that.

but Ball looks like the one thing in this draft that could be elite- its super early- with no summer league, bascially no pre-season- so its just so early.

Okoro on the Cavs was 19- has had some really rough offensive games- but considering he was a teenager with no summer league, no preseason, and thrown right in the fire it isnt a huge surprise- its the smae with most prospects this draft.

Add that Lamelo has exponentially more high level experience than Wiseman and it's really helped his transition. Dude has been playing against professionals since he was 16. Wiseman didn't even play basketball for over a year before he came to the Warriors.

The learning curve is much steeper for Wiseman (and I believe it generally is more so for bigs than guards). Lamelo looks like the real deal though. It will definitely have Warrior fans second guessing the pick, but at the same time Wiseman 's upside is still great.

On the flip side, Kerr wouldn't even let Melo run the P&R because why would he when he doesn't even let Steph use it. So there's that too, lol.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add that Lamelo has exponentially more high level experience than Wiseman and it's really helped his transition. Dude has been playing against professionals since he was 16. Wiseman didn't even play basketball for over a year before he came to the Warriors.

The learning curve is much steeper for Wiseman (and I believe it generally is more so for bigs than guards). Lamelo looks like the real deal though. It will definitely have Warrior fans second guessing the pick, but at the same time Wiseman 's upside is still great.

On the flip side, Kerr wouldn't even let Melo run the P&R because why would he when he doesn't even let Steph use it. So there's that too, lol.
for sure. i totally agree bigs take longer to develop too- especially i ntodays game where the skills they need arent taught as much on the college level.

but- this year has been rough for a lot of rookies. No summer league and basically no preaseason really put a lot of these guys behind and it has been trial by fire.

A guy like Ball absolutely has an advantage.

I was watching some games with Okoro- and every night he is guarding the best wing on the opposing team- which is rough for a guy who was a teenager in January- let alone without any preseason or summer league. But as i said too---- what you want out of these young guys is at least GLIMPSES that they have the ability to make an impact. Consistency is just not going to be there- but you want to see that they have the tools.

I think we have seen some tools from Wiseman. My question on him does he become good enough to be significantly better than the majority of other bigs- which at #2 (albeit in a weak draft) is a big question mark.

Okoro has really looked rough offensively at times, but considering he doesnt get the ball much and is so raw, it doesnt surprise me. Seeing him go for 15 and 8 the other day and use his athleticism on offense made me feel good- as did his defense.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and honestly- as i wrote the other day-

Bam really does remind me of a poor mans Anthony Davis. The skillset, the size, the intangibles. His flexibility defensively. More so than any other player in the league his length and variety of skills really reminds me of Davis in a lot of ways.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they're setting up Knicks fans to feel disappointed and for the rest of the league to point and laugh at them again like last summer?

It's old. If there's smoke there's smoke and there literally hasn't been smoke at any point with any of these dumb ass Knicks rumors. They need to give it a rest. Their team's fun to watch right now, let em have it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they're setting up Knicks fans to feel disappointed and for the rest of the league to point and laugh at them again like last summer?

It's old. If there's smoke there's smoke and there literally hasn't been smoke at any point with any of these dumb ass Knicks rumors. They need to give it a rest. Their team's fun to watch right now, let em have it.
I really thought this was not the type of thing Windy would engage in (baseless rumors).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do think GS might end up kicking themselves for not taking LaMello. But not in a Bowie way at all and not like they'll be unhappy to have Wiseman.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think GS might end up kicking themselves for not taking LaMello. But not in a Bowie way at all and not like they'll be unhappy to have Wiseman.

I think someone else made the Luka/Ayton comparison. I think that might be more fair, with a lesser ceiling on both. But the skill ratio would be similar.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My guess is that the Warriors' plan was to get a future star big man and a future star guard, and they figured that they would have the 2020 and hopefully the 2021 draft to do it (hoping that the Minny pick conveys this year). They must've really loved Wiseman, so they picked him. They either didn't really like Ball that much, or they figured that they would have a good chance of getting their star guard using the Minny pick in 2021. If things fall the right away, I'd love for the Warriors to grab Jalen Suggs of Gonzaga.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that the Warriors' plan was to get a future star big man and a future star guard, and they figured that they would have the 2020 and hopefully the 2021 draft to do it (hoping that the Minny pick conveys this year). They must've really loved Wiseman, so they picked him. They either didn't really like Ball that much, or they figured that they would have a good chance of getting their star guard using the Minny pick in 2021. If things fall the right away, I'd love for the Warriors to grab Jalen Suggs of Gonzaga.

Reading the Ball scouting report it didn’t look like he would fit in GS.

Personally I was worried about his perimeter shooting and that he might be too ball dominant. Also defense.

Watching him now, I’m still thinking the fit would not be terrific, but Melo might be good enough that you just take him and figure out the fit later.