• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,130.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, players didn't have quite the freedom of movement they do today during MJ's era. If they did, perhaps then we would have seen other great players joining together to try to beat him, which may have resulted in him either changing teams or trying to recruit other great players to the Bulls.

Heck, he may have tried to do it early when he couldn't get past the Celtics or Pistons.
Excellent post.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know when LeBron's skills will start to deteriorate? Asking for someone else.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, players didn't have quite the freedom of movement they do today during MJ's era. If they did, perhaps then we would have seen other great players joining together to try to beat him, which may have resulted in him either changing teams or trying to recruit other great players to the Bulls.

Heck, he may have tried to do it early when he couldn't get past the Celtics or Pistons.
actually the opposite is true (i am pretty sure). Right now you are tied to your team for longer- just guys didnt move around then as a practical matter. The rules and the practice were different.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 years ago...at least that's what I was saying 5 years ago. lol

Well my inside sources (which aren't very reliable) have told me LeBron's been doing the steroids since 6th grade. Started on the HGH after his rookie year. And buys his deer antler spray directly from Ray Lewis.

And you can read the complete article on how LeBron's really a robot that was assembled at the Goodyear blimp hangar in Akron.

imagessdfdsf.jpg

downloaddfsf.jpg

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron's a great player, I'm not diminishing that. Again, for like the millionth time as you keep straying away from the center of the argument - I made the claim that Jordan didn't jump from team to team. He stuck with the Bulls for the entirety of his career and built a dynasty. Lebron has not done that, and he always jumped to a situation that was beneficial for him. When things got tough, he moved on. Things never really got tough for MJ in the 90's, but the premise still stands.

You keep saying the only time he moved to a ready made team was in Miami. I literally just pointed out Cleveland and the inside track on AD to the Lakers. It's clear you don't get it.

Of course Jordan didn’t do that.

But like everyone has said, they played in different eras under very different circumstances.

Do you honestly believe that had Jordan been drafted in 2005 by say... Minnesota that he would languish his entire career there?

Like do you really think that?

Because that was the hand LeBron was dealt.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron's a great player, I'm not diminishing that. Again, for like the millionth time as you keep straying away from the center of the argument - I made the claim that Jordan didn't jump from team to team. He stuck with the Bulls for the entirety of his career and built a dynasty. Lebron has not done that, and he always jumped to a situation that was beneficial for him. When things got tough, he moved on. Things never really got tough for MJ in the 90's, but the premise still stands.

You keep saying the only time he moved to a ready made team was in Miami. I literally just pointed out Cleveland and the inside track on AD to the Lakers. It's clear you don't get it.

I have no problem with what LeBron has done. It's actually added to his legacy. No reason to single him out. What about KD? Joined a team he couldn't beat. Got upset for some reason. Then went to Brooklyn to team up with Kyrie. What KD's done is no different.

This is what the NBA is right now. Look at the lack of playoff success AD had in NO. He's a perfect example of how single superstar won't be carrying a team to a title anytime soon. Players teaming up isn't over. It'll happen again.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with what LeBron has done. It's actually added to his legacy. No reason to single him out. What about KD? Joined a team he couldn't beat. Got upset for some reason. Then went to Brooklyn to team up with Kyrie. What KD's done is no different.

This is what the NBA is right now. Look at the lack of playoff success AD had in NO. He's a perfect example of how single superstar won't be carrying a team to a title anytime soon. Players teaming up isn't over. It'll happen again.
KD's not in discussion for the GOAT, or even compared to NBA ghosts.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But like everyone has said, they played in different eras under very different circumstances.

Do you honestly believe that had Jordan been drafted in 2005 by say... Minnesota that he would languish his entire career there?

Chicago wasn't really much of a franchise until he got there. Of course generations have changed, but you've just made my point. Thank you.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We can talk "what ifs", but he never did. And I never faulted Lebron for leaving Cleveland the first time - it was clear they had no direction. But once he fell into stable franchises/situations, he still bounced.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD's not in discussion for the GOAT, or even compared to NBA ghosts.

Oh my bad then. Didn't know the discussion was just about the GOAT. That's what I get for not reading a few more comments.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my bad then. Didn't know the discussion was just about the GOAT. That's what I get for not reading a few more comments.

Yup. At least Lebron's in the discussion, I just think Jordan is better. Lebron's my number 2.

KD's move was weak, doesn't make his titles illegitimate though. Golden State likely doesn't beat Lebron the 2 years KD faced them in the Finals if KD went elsewhere. But if we're talking better player/career between Lebron and KD - Lebron by a mile and it's not close.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can talk "what ifs", but he never did. And I never faulted Lebron for leaving Cleveland the first time - it was clear they had no direction. But once he fell into stable franchises/situations, he still bounced.
and the thing is- each time he always played it up----

-not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6....

-the "im coming home" fiasco and how he was here for good.

I honestly believe LeBron truly gives next to two shits about the fans. He went to Miami to win. I really dont think he cares about the fans at all. He came back to Cleveland to remove a blight from his own resume. If on a scale of 1 to 100- and 1 was LeBrons love for the fans, and 100 was LeBron trying to improve his legacy- id put it at 99.9 that he came back to Cleveland to remove the blemish from his resume.

Same with Cleveland- Kyrie no longer wanted to play with him- the Cavs traded most all their assets over a 4 year period to contend- trading something like 6-7 first round picks, paying more money over a 4 year period than any team in NBA history---- and when he felt it turning, just like he did in Miami- he moved on.

that is certainly his right--- but LeBron has no loyalty to anyone but himself. Whether he should have loyalty to anyone beside himself is a fair question. He is a mercenary.

if tomorrow Anthony Davis ruined his knee Shaun Livingston style youd hear grumblings before weeks end about a possible trade floated by his camp.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,623.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe, and maybe the TWolves have a half dozen titles.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the thing is- each time he always played it up----

-not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6....

-the "im coming home" fiasco and how he was here for good.

I honestly believe LeBron truly gives next to two shits about the fans. He went to Miami to win. I really dont think he cares about the fans at all. He came back to Cleveland to remove a blight from his own resume. If on a scale of 1 to 100- and 1 was LeBrons love for the fans, and 100 was LeBron trying to improve his legacy- id put it at 99.9 that he came back to Cleveland to remove the blemish from his resume.

Same with Cleveland- Kyrie no longer wanted to play with him- the Cavs traded most all their assets over a 4 year period to contend- trading something like 6-7 first round picks, paying more money over a 4 year period than any team in NBA history---- and when he felt it turning, just like he did in Miami- he moved on.

that is certainly his right--- but LeBron has no loyalty to anyone but himself. Whether he should have loyalty to anyone beside himself is a fair question. He is a mercenary.

if tomorrow Anthony Davis ruined his knee Shaun Livingston style youd hear grumblings before weeks end about a possible trade floated by his camp.

Why should players have loyalty to anyone but themselves? For the most part, fans don't and neither do organizations. Lebron leaves Cleveland the first time because the franchise either wouldn't or couldn't get him the pieces he needed to win a title and the fans turned on him, not the organization.

It's not just Cleveland either. Pretty much any time any star leaves, fans turn on the player. They rarely blame the franchise, even though it's ultimately the franchise that is responsible for the pieces around them.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, this is off topic, but I think there are a couple other lawyers that post here. This is the best thing I've ever seen on the internet.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,130.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should players have loyalty to anyone but themselves? For the most part, fans don't and neither do organizations. Lebron leaves Cleveland the first time because the franchise either wouldn't or couldn't get him the pieces he needed to win a title and the fans turned on him, not the organization.

It's not just Cleveland either. Pretty much any time any star leaves, fans turn on the player. They rarely blame the franchise, even though it's ultimately the franchise that is responsible for the pieces around them.
Yeah, if you aren't performing up to your contract the team can buy you out, trade you.....the player should have the same ability to leave for the best situation if he isn't happy with the direction of the franchise or just to look out for his own best interests......