• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was dying when he said, "I'm prepared to go forward . . ." LMAO

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago wasn't really much of a franchise until he got there. Of course generations have changed, but you've just made my point. Thank you.

Reinsdorf and Krause made some legitimately great moves to build that supporting cast. What Chicago was before Jordan and what they became after are totally irrelevant to Jordan’s desire to remain a Bull for his entire career.

Because let’s face it, the 2 Wizard years don’t really count.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should players have loyalty to anyone but themselves? For the most part, fans don't and neither do organizations. Lebron leaves Cleveland the first time because the franchise either wouldn't or couldn't get him the pieces he needed to win a title and the fans turned on him, not the organization.

It's not just Cleveland either. Pretty much any time any star leaves, fans turn on the player. They rarely blame the franchise, even though it's ultimately the franchise that is responsible for the pieces around them.
i think certain players do have loyalty and certain dont.

whether anyone thinks they should or not is their own opinion.

LeBron is one that has no loyalty. He is certainly not the only one. But i think there are plenty that do have loyalty to their fan bases and cities.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if you aren't performing up to your contract the team can buy you out, trade you.....the player should have the same ability to leave for the best situation if he isn't happy with the direction of the franchise or just to look out for his own best interests......
lol...oh poor softheaded DJ

the team can of course trade you or buy you out---- but they HAVE to pay you. They cant cancel your contract. its called GUARANTEED contracts. lol.

I guess I am more of the old school mentality and appreciated players having loyalty- that was often paid back in kind by ownership in circumstances. What was kobe's last bloated contract if not loyalty from ownership? Why is Ben Rothlisberger not cut right now? Dirk gets so much extra credit in so many peoples books for his loyalty. There are tons of others.

I think the fans appreciate the loyalty and pay it back to players that truly embrace their cities.

the rise of the mercenaries hasnt improved the game in my opinion. If anything its diminished it.

Mercenary #1 front and center- in fact- the person most responsible for mercenaryism in the NBA is LeBron.

His Legacy will be as the 2nd greatest player of all time (in my opinion).

His legacy also will be the single greatest force in accelerating players jumping from team to team and becoming mercenaries with no loyalty that started the night of The Decision.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the thing is- each time he always played it up----

-not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6....

-the "im coming home" fiasco and how he was here for good.

I honestly believe LeBron truly gives next to two shits about the fans. He went to Miami to win. I really dont think he cares about the fans at all. He came back to Cleveland to remove a blight from his own resume. If on a scale of 1 to 100- and 1 was LeBrons love for the fans, and 100 was LeBron trying to improve his legacy- id put it at 99.9 that he came back to Cleveland to remove the blemish from his resume.

Same with Cleveland- Kyrie no longer wanted to play with him- the Cavs traded most all their assets over a 4 year period to contend- trading something like 6-7 first round picks, paying more money over a 4 year period than any team in NBA history---- and when he felt it turning, just like he did in Miami- he moved on.

that is certainly his right--- but LeBron has no loyalty to anyone but himself. Whether he should have loyalty to anyone beside himself is a fair question. He is a mercenary.

if tomorrow Anthony Davis ruined his knee Shaun Livingston style youd hear grumblings before weeks end about a possible trade floated by his camp.

Lebron doesn't really owe fans anything. But yeah, if the situation he's in, he sees no path to winning - he's gone. He won't wait. Won't have any wasted years.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,130.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the team can of course trade you or buy you out---- but they HAVE to pay you. They cant cancel your contract. its called GUARANTEED contracts. lol.

I guess I am more of the old school mentality and appreciated players having loyalty- that was often paid back in kind by ownership in circumstances. What was kobe's last bloated contract if not loyalty from ownership? Why is Ben Rothlisberger not cut right now? Dirk gets so much extra credit in so many peoples books for his loyalty. There are tons of others.

I think the fans appreciate the loyalty and pay it back to players that truly embrace their cities.

the rise of the mercenaries hasnt improved the game in my opinion. If anything its diminished it.

Mercenary #1 front and center- in fact- the person most responsible for mercenaryism in the NBA is LeBron.

His legacy also will be the single greatest force in accelerating players jumping from team to team and becoming mercenaries with no loyalty that started the night of The Decision.
Um......never said they didn't have to pay the player, softheaded hog hunter.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but he's actually a cat.
i knew it matthew perry GIF

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with the bolded, there are some players and teams that show admirable mutual loyalty, and that's great and adds to the legacy of some players. But since teams can and do act without any loyalty, I don't begrudge the players that are the same.

What category is MJ? He came back in Washington after all. Owns the Hornets, not part of the Bulls ownership group.

Last edited:
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On paper and without looking at their records, this Heat v Rockets game should be awesome.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I don't quite know what to think of these Heat jerseys!

I either really like them or I really don't.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Dragic or Bradley and starting a 7 game road trip....the last thing this team needed was someone to be careless and be placed in covid protocol and possibly miss a week.

Really hope this is a one game deal.